Vat & Discounts At Jedi

surface

Most shops don't charge extra for putting everything together if you buy all or even most of the parts from them. Computers are competitively priced so buying one is not the same as haggling over a t-shirt where the vendor might start with an asking price many times more than the real value. Take a walk round Pantip and compare the prices on the pricelists on display and you soon learn that there aren't huge savings to be made.

Last August Jedi assembled my system (a Intel Quad Core). They did not add VAT to the bill (their prices already include VAT). Before assembling, we draw up a list with the prices (which were a little cheaper than Busitek) and we came to 42,000 baht. Then they gave me an additional 250 baht :o discount. In all it was about 1,000 baht cheaper than Busitek (against their publicized prices).

I would say I rate Jedi very high .... they are not so snobbish as Busitek ... plus I went back to them three or four times (one time for overclocking, one time for a faulty motherboard) and they performed their service free of charge.

Edited by sniffdog

Last August Jedi assembled my system (a Intel Quad Core). They did not add VAT to the bill (their prices already include VAT). Before assembling, we draw up a list with the prices (which were a little cheaper than Busitek) and we came to 42,000 baht. Then they gave me an additional 250 baht :o discount. In all it was about 1,000 baht cheaper than Busitek (against their publicized prices).

I would say I rate Jedi very high .... they are not so snobbish as Busitek ... plus I went back to them three or four times (one time for overclocking, one time for a faulty motherboard) and they performed their service free of charge.

Thanks sniffdog, sounds like a quality shop. As long as I know they provide good service when there's an issue I won't hassle them much on price, but I just wanted to get an idea of what people have been paying so I don't spend 1000's more than necessary.

Jedi 5 stars. They have built many towers for me. Ask for Judy.

If they do charge you for assembly it's 300 baht to install Windows. Frankly I can't remember. If you just let them clone your HDD from theirs it free & fast.

I prefer to do a clean install.

Edited by dotcom

Another vote for Jedi. By the by they've moved across from the small intensely crowded shop the corridor to the larger brighter premises on the corner, and also have another one on the far right hand side of the ground floor now. MAP

Regards

Ps Must say they are about the only reason I go to Pantip, as opposed to Fortune these days.

Edited by A_Traveller