Problems With Pinned Warning Thread

Mapguy

Let me start by saying that one should be wary of unsupported recommendations for services as well as unsupported "warnings" about retail establishments or services. But, both, over the long haul, could be useful.

Unfortunately, the current pinned thread got off to a very bad start, and it has gotten worse. It has an editor who may or may not be the best one for the job. The impulse the editor had was his own rotten personal experience with a service. The "debate" topic on whether or not there should even be bad references got off to so bad a start that the topic had to be closed! I reopen the discusison. I hope people will be thoughtful in responding, and there will not be the garbage that trashed the first discussion.

I have been mystified why there can't be reasonable entries made about rip-off places or people as well as kudos for good people. Some examples:

Take the recommendation about dentists, opthamologists, or cardiologists. WHile not inclusive, I am sure, there is consistency. Or bad news. Siam TV was berated by an OP, but many other TV people negated his criticism. SO, it can work both ways if enough people contribute.

But I do not think it wise that there should be a pinned thread with one editor. There is something fundamentally wrong with that arrangement, and the current posts are to me proof of that beyond a doubt.

Let me start by saying that one should be wary of unsupported recommendations for services as well as unsupported "warnings" about retail establishments or services. But, both, over the long haul, could be useful.

Unfortunately, the current pinned thread got off to a very bad start, and it has gotten worse. It has an editor who may or may not be the best one for the job. The impulse the editor had was his own rotten personal experience with a service. The "debate" topic on whether or not there should even be bad references got off to so bad a start that the topic had to be closed! I reopen the discusison. I hope people will be thoughtful in responding, and there will not be the garbage that trashed the first discussion.

I have been mystified why there can't be reasonable entries made about rip-off places or people as well as kudos for good people. Some examples:

Take the recommendation about dentists, opthamologists, or cardiologists. WHile not inclusive, I am sure, there is consistency. Or bad news. Siam TV was berated by an OP, but many other TV people negated his criticism. SO, it can work both ways if enough people contribute.

But I do not think it wise that there should be a pinned thread with one editor. There is something fundamentally wrong with that arrangement, and the current posts are to me proof of that beyond a doubt.

I agree 100% There should be some balance. Currently, there isn't any at all...