Out Clubbing In Bangkok? Be Ready For Drug Test

george

You remind me of my 20 year old daughter who occasionally 'patrols' the house after midnight and makes snide remarks when she finds me in front of the computer with a bottle of Mekhong. Guess who I consider to be 'immature'?

Sincere admiration for young Ms. Stroll proving the point that maturity is not necessarily just a matter of age. Call yourself lucky to have a daughter who appears to love dad even more than he realizes :o

With best regards from the "knobhead".

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss test in the middle of Nana Plaza last night. They had the big table and were handing out piss bottles, must have had a few of the GoGos locked down for victims.

I used the evil trick of putting a phone to my ear and pretending to talk to someone in earnest. Just walked past the whole mess and out in Soi 4 without acknowleding anyone.

They are serious, my committment as a good guest is to learn their rules and live by them. When the rules shift or get grey, pay my fine and move on. When it gets too expensive to live well, move farther.

Carry your passport and don't do drugs.

No reason to have exited Nana in that way.

Yes there was a random drug test yes it impacted many bars but no it di not involve any foreigners or customers at all that i could see.

The police that showed up went into most of the bars i guess on the first floor and several if not more on the ground floor. It lloked as if they politely asked for a couple of volunteers from each to supply urine. I guess no more than 30-40 were tested. As the girls came down they received a bottle in exchange for id they went away did the deed and returned with full bottle. Their names were checked off the list and once this had happened to the last one the police packed up the table and exited. all very orderly all very polite. The girls seemed to think it was a bit of fun although by that hour many had no doubt had a fair few drinks.

a few tourists stopped by the table to enquire of the police what was happening. The police handled the situation very well imo

Piss test in the middle of Nana Plaza last night. They had the big table and were handing out piss bottles, must have had a few of the GoGos locked down for victims.

I used the evil trick of putting a phone to my ear and pretending to talk to someone in earnest. Just walked past the whole mess and out in Soi 4 without acknowleding anyone.

They are serious, my committment as a good guest is to learn their rules and live by them. When the rules shift or get grey, pay my fine and move on. When it gets too expensive to live well, move farther.

Carry your passport and don't do drugs.

Why did you not stay and piss? Got something to hide :o ?

Carry your passport and don't do drugs, and piss in the piss bottles of the brown boys, and pay your fine, and spent your night with the brown boys watching over you. Their short time fee is lower, sometimes it is even free, and you do not have to pay an additional bar fine. Don't break the law!!!

I hear there are some who do not go out in the night and take there drugs at daytime or in their private room only. Hey guys, this is not legal. Go out and wait for the brown boys, and do your pissing, as the law requires. And pay your fine.

play the game, follow the rules....  :D

totster  :wub:

How?

I sit at the bar, mind my own business, pay my bill at 12:30 am and before

I can finish the drink, lights on, urin control until 4:00. But I wanted to leave 12:40. :D

Now what can I do to go home on time, which rules to follow that I do not have to

stay til 4:00? :o

Perhaps, it is safer to have a drink in one of the girlie-bars, and leave with a take-out around 11:00. Maybe that's what the government wants.

I try to explain this to my wife. :D

Axel - I see your point.... however I was commenting on someone feeling uneasy about the process, feeling the need to be on guard about it.

The point is that you have got accept that these tests may happen ( whether you feel it is wrong or not ), but if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

totster :D

Stroll,

I just worry about you that you get carried away with the clubbing. Okay, on a Friday and Saturday you get an extra hour but not later than 01.00 am (but only if you have been a good boy during the week :o).

what? "01.00 am"? Stroll, don't forget to drink enough, the brown bows wait already, 3 hours arrest and pissing awaits you!

Oho, Pattaya is surely not the best location to be in Thailand but anyway surely nothing wrong with an occasional night out as long as there is no dope involved and the booz level is still low enough to keep yourself under control and out of trouble. 

booze or no booze, even the occasional night can mean 3 hours arrest and pissing awaits you! I would not call that "out of trouble".

Decency is surely the name of the game in everything and eventually will keep  unpleasant brown colored company out of your back 'coz I guess it is no secret anymore that those loud, foul mouthed drunks and pot-heads of any nationality are actually NOT Thailand's most appreciated type of individuals.

Richard, you mix right and wrong, and that is what bothers me here. You do not have to be one of "those loud, foul mouthed drunks and pot-heads", even if it is just an occasional night out, and even if your booz level is low and you behave like a gentleman, even if you can obey all laws, it does not protect you: just be at the wrong place and time, and your sentence is 3 hours arrest and pissing.

Random urine-testing is a blatant violation of privacy rights that wouldn't be tolerated in any other country. It's not going to get rid of the problem, it's just going to drive it underground where it can't be monitored.

Precisely. I believe that the negative effects of the nightclub raids -- namely inconvenience to the innocent and general ill will created (about Thailand on the part of foreign visitors; Thais, too) -- outweighs the neglible positive effects of one or two arrests being made in a typical raid. It's like swatting at flies with sledgehammers.

what? "01.00 am"? Stroll, don't forget to drink enough, the brown bows wait already, 3 hours arrest and pissing awaits you!

Thank's for your concern, but don't worry. I usually hit the bars early after a few spliffs and some crack, then procede to shorttime two or three underage girls, while finishing a large bottle of whiskey before I drive home in my truck with a few chicks before midnight, to leave the men in brown to arrest "those loud, foul mouthed drunks and pot-heads" without disturbing them performing their duties.

I agree with Richard that you will find all the undesirable foreign elements in Thailand after midnight in the bars, and police should focus all their efforts on this. :o:D

Everybody still out and about at 1am is immature but will be let off if they pass the piss test. :D:D:D

Thank's for your concern, but don't worry. I usually hit the bars early after a few spliffs and some crack, then procede to shorttime two or three underage girls, while finishing a large bottle of whiskey before I drive home in my truck with a few chicks before midnight, to leave the men in brown to arrest "those loud, foul mouthed drunks and pot-heads" without disturbing them performing their duties.

I agree with Richard that you will find all the undesirable foreign elements in Thailand after midnight in the bars, and police should focus all their efforts on this. :o:D

Everybody still out and about at 1am is immature but will be let off if they pass the piss test. :D:D:D

Hey stroll sounds like a good night PM me next time your going -_-:wub:

Axel - I see your point.... however I was commenting on someone feeling uneasy about the process, feeling the need to be on guard about it.

The point is that you have got accept that these tests may happen ( whether you feel it is wrong or not ), but if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

totster  :o

Totster, I do feel very uneasy in a test like that. I say, if it must be done at all, why not let some female junior law enforcement officers do the testing. Now this would put me at ease. Some system like wine tasting, they just have to work hard beyond the inital fluid to come to the basics, either alcohol or drugs.

So, since I do not take drugs I happily would provide a pint or half of liquids.

I said it somewhere else today, lets do a Monica Lewinsky, she can do a leader a day, (or was it still pint?)

Trolls, help me find the flaw in my logic.

I am living in a third world country that is only academically familiar with the rule of law. The police corruption here is only second to their incompetence. As a farang, I am often singled out as a particularly tasty target for donations to their favorite charitable organizations. As a farang, I have little access to any resources that might protect my rights if in fact I had any here.

Despite the fact that I neither drink nor do any drugs other than aspirin, posters on this board are telling me that I should have no worries about the boys in brown conducting a medical test on such a serious issue in the middle of Nana plaza.

Give me a break.

Here is some advice for the kids on this board. No charge.

Dont do drugs here.

Treat everyone with respect, you are a guest here and a representative of your culture.

Treat authorities with particular respect, avoid contact and if necessary pay what is required and move on quickly.

Me dear old Dad used to tell me "You wanna be smart or right?"

You guys keep on being right, plenty of windmills left. In the mean while, I am going to stick my cell phone to my ear and exit stage left.

The better part of valour is discretion. I think the Bard had it right.

You remind me of my 20 year old daughter who occasionally 'patrols' the house after midnight and makes snide remarks when she finds me in front of the computer with a bottle of Mekhong. Guess who I consider to be 'immature'?

Sincere admiration for young Ms. Stroll proving the point that maturity is not necessarily just a matter of age. Call yourself lucky to have a daughter who appears to love dad even more than he realizes :o

With best regards from the "knobhead".

Richard , we share the same surname. But the "knobhead" label is debateable.

Nonetheless I can vouch for the times when it applies to my inner ..etc

Richard , we share the same surname. But the "knobhead" label is debateable.

Nonetheless I can vouch for the times when it applies to my inner ..etc

Hey Chon,

surprise indeed that you go as a Richard as well and dummy me always thought your surname was Chona and your family name Bot. Thanks for the clearance :o

Well, nevertheless I'm afraid we've gotta bear that "knobhead" burden together since as we know "Dick" is the British abbreviation for Richard and we both obviously have a head. Under these circumstances guess the title is actually appropriate while "Knob" is just the more polite form nowadays.

Don't take it too personal because a slender cone shaped head stands usually for great thinking ability. Granted, the hole on top of the head is a little bothering but I usually cope with it by simply putting a rubber hat on particularly when it rains.

Also being a knobhead has great advantages 'coz if it comes to the pee test no need to pull the pants down but just take the hat off, bend offer and let it flow which eases things dramatically. Guess time to shed off that maturity label for a while and make a fearless "immature" approach after midnight. Maybe on my way in I will even have a chance to take a glimpse of Stroll's chick truck heading home at this time. :D

Are you sure you will be able to stay awake this late without the aid of illegal stimulants? :o

Anyway, I'll be looking out for a slender coneshaped head by the roadside tonight, I'll be glad to give you a lift to your destination, but don't take it personal if I leave you alone for the unavoidable culmination of the night, - waiting for the test results inside the local police station. Better bring some sandwiches along, but avoid poppyseed bagles and don't take any geritol during the day, or it could be rather expensive to get negative test results. :D:D

Are you sure you will be able to stay awake this late without the aid of illegal stimulants? :o

Anyway, I'll be looking out for a slender coneshaped head by the roadside tonight, I'll be glad to give you a lift to your destination, but don't take it personal if I leave you alone for the unavoidable culmination of the night, - waiting for the test results inside the local police station. Better bring some sandwiches along, but avoid poppyseed bagles and don't take any geritol during the day, or it could be rather expensive to get negative test results. :D  :D

Stroll,

okay, we got a deal. Gonna try to cope with that staying awake issue by pouring a couple of jugs of hot coffee down and top this with half a dozen of Krating Daengs which should keep me going and simultaneously off the "brownies'" hook. Whoops, just gulped half of the load down and my right eye already feels so... caffeinated :D

If you look out for me on the street be alert not to mix me up with Chonabot who might be roaming town as well.

Hamburgers as survival food or a shrimp sandwich are surely out of question 'coz who knows what the main ingredients might have been raised on. If the "beefs" and "crusties" were munching on the wrong... darn a free trip straight to "Hong Kong" and not even being on fault. Maybe I better join the chicks (provided that they are not suffering from a flu) in the back of you pick-up truck for a nighty ride trough the roads. Just don't turn the lights on and we might get by the road patrols in well known "unseen" style. :D

Cheers,

Richard

I don't mind giving Chonabot a lift as well, he has the reputation to always carry a six-pack of Chang with him. Cruising around without the lights on sounds cool, I always wanted to see how fast one can go from central Bangkok to the gates of the correctional institute in Lad Yao. I'll bring some birds from certified sources.