Who Is Single And Not Afraid Of It?

medicinebox

Everybody seems to have a 'missus' on here.

Is anyone single, and just enjoying the single lads life? Anyone not trying to find miss right? Not afraid to be alone? Don't need a woman to hold their hand.

I might seem a bit cold but all my mates seemed to hit 30, then get really insecure and latch on to the nearest woman.

I've never felt the need to shack up and settle down. I only ever loved one woman and that only lasted a year. For the most part of my shagging life, I've been single.

That doesn't mean I don't go out and get laid on a one night stand. Or have a bit in tow.

Is being without a partner really that scary???

When she comes along so be it. But for now, I won't make do with someone who aint right for me.

So ?

Strange you mention this, med, something I've been thinking about a lot recently.

I'm only 27, most of my mates are a few years older. This last year they've all been settling down one by one. I'm not ready for any of that at the moment, been there, done that. Even my best mate who I've spent the last 6 years travelling the globe and temporarily enjoying the female delights that it has to offer has fallen. This put me in a quandry, do I do what's expected of me and get a missus, get a mortgage, have some kids and spend the rest of my life looking after them? Maybe I'm immature, but that really doesn't sound too good to me. I want to stay single for the time being, so decided to stop travelling and settle down somewhere where I enjoy. I chose Thailand and leave in a few hours. The only problem is that it's easy to stay single when you're moving from place to place all the time. Will I be able to stay single in Thailand? Hopefully I can resist, but there are a lot of temptations. :o

My head says stay single, better for my wallet. :D Unfortunately sometimes the heart over-rides the head.

I think you should get married or settle down when you are ready and naturally when you meet your soul mate. There is no time limit for this to happen!! It could happen when you are very young or rather old.

I think if you go through life being comfortable with being happy and single then there will be no rush to just settle for anything.

Most of your mates will be single again anyway :

Over 160,000 divorces took place in the UK during 2002, the highest number since 1997 and six times the amount of 1961*. From the results of the survey, the biggest factors that lead to divorce are extra marital affairs (30%) followed by couples gradually growing apart over time (26%). Strong reasons also included family strains (11%) mainly caused by the female's relations (75% of the time); emotional/physical abuse (10%) and work-holism (5%).

:o:D

At the end of the day love is just a chemical imbalance in the brain, which can also be caused by eating to much chocolate(fact), love is much like a drug, great when it's good, and ever so bad when its bad. with out a doubt there is more than one person in the world who you could fall in love, so when your heart gets broken, Remember there are plenty more birds in the sky!!

i'm in my mid-thirties, single, and pretty comfortable with it for the time being. there are a couple of girls who i see on a casual, no strings basis, the Thais have a word for this kind of arrangement, called "gig", which is something i find quite fascinating about this society.

i am the opposite to guys like Ravisher, since i find it hard to live constantly with someone. i am selfish over my own space and privacy, but since i acknowledge that i will eventually need a life partner, she will definitely need to be someone who understands my need for my own space. unfortunately, women in general demand lots of attention and love "communicating", especially at times when i just want to read or listen to music or just lay back and think.

this much is true though, the longer you stay single, the more comfortable you are with being single, the longer you stay in relationships, the more uncomfortable you are with being alone. we are all creatures of habit.

I think you should get married or settle down when you are ready and naturally when you meet your soul mate. There is no time limit for this to happen!! It could happen when you are very young or rather old.

I think if you go through life being comfortable with being happy and single then there will be no rush to just settle for anything.

I think BritMav hit the nail on the head here. It happens when you feel you have met the right one. I've known people that have gotten married very young (18) and are still happy and people that were later on in their years (50+) when they tied the knot. Some never marry and just aren't meant to. Its an individual decision for each and every person.

Personally, I dont feel I need to have someone around me all the time. Just as "The Dude" said in a previous post, I like to have my space as well for alone time to partake in activities I enjoy such as playing music, reading, or relaxing and clearing my mind.

When the right woman came along though, I did marry her, am still married to her and do not regret it. Every now and then I just have to remind her that I need some space and she usually complies with my request. If you want to have kids, you dont want to wait too long to get married and have them. After all, you want to be able to play and run around with them dont you?

If you want to have kids, you dont want to wait too long to get married and have them. After all, you want to be able to play and run around with them dont you?

Better off if you wait- lil ones can push you around in your wheelchair or assist you with your walker. :o

And how many boyfriends does each of these "girlfriends" have?

And don't make yourself look an even bigger idiot by telling us they go with you and you alone.

Advice: Choose your potential girls carefully, get to know them and the rewards are nice.

Yes. They do go with me and me alone. I can prove it if you wanna meet them all individually with me.

I got five GF's and no commitment. I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land mate.

And you're going to come down to earth with a sickening thud one of these days.

<deleted> off you jealous bastard, I'm a good looking guy who doesn't need to acquire females thru financial transactions like you do most probably.

how much for the sick buffalo?

I got five GF's and no commitment. I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land mate.

And you're going to come down to earth with a sickening thud one of these days.

<deleted> off you jealous bastard, I'm a good looking guy who doesn't need to acquire females thru financial transactions like you do most probably.

how much for the sick buffalo?

Not since the last time. :o:D

plenty of guyz of leisure have loads of girlfriends - know a malasian guy who has 3 and he works full time :D

Been out drinkin with all the individual groups of friends @ one point or another.. One is a manager at one of bangkoks better gyms, and the other 2 both manage shops. 100% verifyed and this guy aint even a "rich" whiteboy, hes got a quite a bit of cash but isnt no millionaire :D

Yer gettin a bit greedy with 5 tho DJPat, ya get caught sooner or later with that many biatches :D must be difficult to keep track of em all :o

Yes, It's very sad, but at 36, I'm still single.. :D

Unlike 99.9 percent of the guys here, I didn't fall in love with the first beautiful Thai woman that I saw when I first came to Thailand - There was just too many of them, and only one of me!

BTW, I could easily get a girlfriend here in NYC, TONS of beautiful women here( though very often, not very nice... :D ). Most, if not all my friends have girlfriends or wives now. And many women ( usually the girlfriends and wives, and my female friends that are girlfriends and wives ) ask me when I'm going to get married, I'm such a good catch! :o:wub:

But I am very comfortable being single, Maybe I am just being immature, I don't know... :D

And then there is that eternal problem : If I get a girlfriend here, going to Thailand will be a problem :( , and if I get a girlfriend in Thailand, then there is that long distance problem thing.

Oh well, I do often wonder what it is like to have someone around you all the time that loves you and stuff. :D

Maybe someday I'll finally feel comfortable in doing what everyone else is doing, but as for now, I prefer my freedom over love. -_-