Level Of Medical Coverage Required

NotYetArahan

I am now evaluating some health insurance plans and am wondering what level of coverage should be sufficient.

1. the plans cover room rates to 1,500, 2,000 or 5,000 Baht. What should I pay in a good hospital for (semi) private room?
  2. daily charges intensive care to 3,000, 6,000 and 10,000 Baht. What should be sufficient?
  3. surgical fees to 40,000, 50,000 and 80,000 baht. What does a pretty serious operation - ball park - cost (heart, tumor removal, joint replacement)

I have found price lists of the private hospitals catering for medical tourists and noticed that simple room rates are 2,000 baht, but (serious) surgical fees in the region of 500,000 Baht.

What would that be for a good hospital? Anybody any ideas?

Thanks

The hospitals you checked are considered the good hospitals. So that is a fair indication of costs (which only go up). It can be a lot less expensive in Government Hospitals but unless you can speak fluent Thai I would have not recommend due to the need for clear communications in most medical diagnostic procedures (that is my non medical view) which can be hit and miss (although even at some of the top hospitals it can also be a problem - if not directly - getting the doctor to ask invasive questions that may be needed (due to culture).