3 year multiple entry visa

3 Year Multiple-Entry for persons who hold the travel documents of the APEC member countries to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for the purpose of business  US$125.00

What exactly are these travel documents of the APEC countries that are required???  Please be specific.

As I understand it, you have to evidence a significant lot of travel within 3 APEC countries minimum, on business. It isn't easy to obtain theannual membership card necessary, and at each renewal, each member country has to sign off indicating that the applicant has no problems with their country. An annual fee is payable.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out some more information about this:

Business persons from APEC member economies are able to apply for a multiple entry visa for 3 years into Thailand (will be effective in July 2003). Exception is made for the following member economies:

Those on the list of economies whose nationals are exempted from visa requirements and are permitted to stay for not more than 30 days, namely, Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia,   the Philippines, Singapore and the United States.

Those that have concluded agreements with Thailand on exemption of visa requirements, namely, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Viet Nam are permitted to stay for up to 30 days and the Republic of Korea and New Zealand and Peru are permitted to stay for up to 90 days.

Those form People’s Republic of China, Chinese Taipei and Russia could apply visa on arrival and will be allowed to stay up to 15 days.

Business people from those economies that require visas should supply the following documentation when applying:

·          Passport/travel document used in lieu of passport

·         Visa application form

·         Introductory or sponsorship letters relevant to the business person's purpose of visit from associated companies, business representatives, partners, government agencies or other authorities

·         Thai company registration document

·         2 photographs (4 for nationals of the People’s Republic of China

APEC business people may apply for three years multiple entry visas with each time, the period of stay up to 90 days. (will be effective in July 2003)

500 baht for a single entry visa

5,000 baht for 3 years multiple entry visa

Thailand participates in the APEC Business Travel Card Scheme in 2000 and has set up the APEC Lane at the airport. It will allow foreign ABTC card holders with multiple visa-free entry for three years with maximum period of stay of three months each time.

http://www.businessmobility.org/travel/dis...asp?id=21&fid=1

No Dave it does not apply generally. It applies for business purposes, and requires a specific travel card from APEC member countries. The card itself is expensive and is only available to people with an extensive travel history within the APEC countries. It is very difficult to meet APEC card eligibility requirements.

Dr. Pong, just got two questions to ask you and would appreciate your answer.

First How does one log on via Hotmail???  I tried to do so and it won't log me in.  Got a problem here if I move to Thailand, and cannot log in via Hotmail.

Secondly, how do I send you the Hospital information that I have compiled.  I have extensive lists of Hospitals in Thailand, and also reports of the Hospitals information so that this can be posted on your website.  I am stumped on how to get this out to you guys.    Thanks.

Dave,

I'm curious. Why the need to access via Hotmail if you are in Thailand. Plenty of Thai ISPs.

In fact anyone in Thailand with TOT or TT&T phoneline (that's most people) can now dial up the Internet at 3baht for 2 hours. Nothing more to pay. No login name or password to remember. Slow in evenings and weekends when all the schoolkids log in and you are cut off after 2hours which is a b*gg*r. But it's cheap and it's never crashed on me. Need to install some files on computer which can be downloaded from Totonline.net.

Nakhon, thanks for the tip, however I have a nice tendency to use this computer for a good 8 hours daily if not more, depending my activities.  Right now in USA I have unlimited internet use for a nice comfy fee.  However in Thailand, lo behold, they do charge for the hours, and there is no unlimited use in Thailand to the best of my knowledge.   So for me to search, it is a headache by itself.  However I will keep the information in mind of that ISP.   Thanks   :blues:

Dave,

I'm curious. Why the need to access via Hotmail if you are in Thailand. Plenty of Thai ISPs.

In fact anyone in Thailand with TOT or TT&T phoneline (that's most people) can now dial up the Internet at 3baht for 2 hours. Nothing more to pay. No login name or password to remember. Slow in evenings and weekends when all the schoolkids log in and you are cut off after 2hours which is a b*gg*r. But it's cheap and it's never crashed on me. Need to install some files on computer which can be downloaded from Totonline.net.

However in Thailand, lo behold, they do charge for the hours, and there is no unlimited use in Thailand to the best of my knowledge.

I have been using SAMART myCard unlimited. It is UNLIMITED internet dialup and is very inexpensive. Works only with TOT lines here in Bangkok. I stay on for 8 hours + sometimes and never get cut off.

The card is available at PANTIP PLAZA for 300 baht a month, but this last card I bought was 2 months for 500 something so look for that one if you want to save even more money.

One important note is, when you scratch the username/password off the card, the username is missing the @samarts.com which MUST be added to the card's username or the login will fail.

Many may know already, but for POWER USERS there is DSL available in certain areas from TelecomASIA. They have different speeds/pricing plans. If you are hard core then ask for the 512K download plan, they don't advertise this plan/speed but its available, a friend has it and it runs like a raped ape.

You can also get a unlimited time 128Kb ADSL for 3500 baht/month with Jasmine Internet. Loxinfo charge 6000 baht/month for the same service.

This is new, in the past you had to buy hour packages.

You have to pay some additional fee's to TOT/TT&T for the ADSL line too, every month, thought.

####, my friends back in Sweden has 8, 12 and up to 26 Mbit at a small fixed fee. (The maximum speed depends on how far away from the telephone switch you live.)

Thanks Huski, I do appreciate that bit of information.  What about broadband ?   Is this the same as the DSL?   Also what is the price for this hookup and what is the best package deal that they have as power user.  Hmmmm, yes phone line deal is OK, but just in case I might want to zip thru space in hyper drive, any plans worth mentioning?   Sounds like that SAMART card is sneeky.  Hehehehehe, but that is good to know.

Oh by the way Huski, is that your BABY!   What a big yawn, and that baby looks cutie.  If it is yours Congrats are in order my friend. :D  ::o:

I can use all the help on this internet thing.  Oh one other thing gang! does anybody know the safest and best kind of business an Expat can get into without investing a ton of dough, and make some decent money, like getting somewhere between 30K to 60 K a month  for one to live on a monthly basis from the business itself? ???   I can sure use some advise on this subject too.    Thanks for your help my friend   :cool:  :blues: