How I Can Get Visa?(i Want Marry With Thai Lady)

Hi everyone:

I have a big question about immigration to thailand I hope you help me & my wife.

my thai wife & me want marry in thailand & we want have life & work in thailand,but i have a big problem about work |& life in thailand because if i want get non imm "o"-marriage visa i should have 40k incom monthly but i think me & my wife cant show this .only i have 400k that i can bring with myself in thailand.

now i want help me about what can i do? how i can get visa?

when i will come to thailand, i will have only tourist visa.how i can have work for get 40k income without work permit?

if i cant show 40k income,do i have another way for get visa?

you think it is better i get non imm "b" visa (i be emplyee)or non imm "o" visa?

can i get proof 40k income from employer although my income is lower than this?

PLEASE HELP ME

THANK'S A LOT

I suspect you are from Iran and hold that passport? There is no way you can work on a tourist visa and use that to meet income requirements for extension of stay. But the 40k amount is for extensions of stay - not for visa. Normally once married you are allowed to obtain non immigrant O visa and at some location multi entry type which allows stays of 90 days but you have to leave/return every 90 days. But I do not know the availability for Iranian passport holders in local Consulates. Hopefully someone with experience can add to this (and let us know if your Nationality is not Iranian).

I suspect you are from Iran and hold that passport? There is no way you can work on a tourist visa and use that to meet income requirements for extension of stay. But the 40k amount is for extensions of stay - not for visa. Normally once married you are allowed to obtain non immigrant O visa and at some location multi entry type which allows stays of 90 days but you have to leave/return every 90 days. But I do not know the availability for Iranian passport holders in local Consulates. Hopefully someone with experience can add to this (and let us know if your Nationality is not Iranian).

yes dear lopburi3,thank's 4 ur attention

i have another question.

1-if first i get visa,after that can i open shop with my 400k when i have only marriage visa(not extended)

2-after finished 90 days & i should go outside thailand,after how many days i can get visa again & i can come back?

1. You can not open a shop or work without obtaining a work permit - that is dependent on work that a Thai can not do in most cases.

2. If you have a multi entry visa you enter other country and immediately return - if you have to obtain a new visa each time there would be at least one night stay involved.

1. You can not open a shop or work without obtaining a work permit - that is dependent on work that a Thai can not do in most cases.

2. If you have a multi entry visa you enter other country and immediately return - if you have to obtain a new visa each time there would be at least one night stay involved.

thank u 4 ur attention

can i go 2 work in some company with marriage visa (my mind is first visa & not extended)?

can i open a shop 4 my wife & i have work in this shop with my wife?

will be accept incomes of this shop 4 get non imm "o" visa & extend of this?

A work permit can be issued on such a visa - but you need a job that allows it.

You would have to have a work permit to work in shop - even if you paid for the shop. That will require you fill a position most Thai would not qualify for.

If run by wife her income could be used - if you want to use your income the work permit will be vital.

A work permit can be issued on such a visa - but you need a job that allows it.

You would have to have a work permit to work in shop - even if you paid for the shop. That will require you fill a position most Thai would not qualify for.

If run by wife her income could be used - if you want to use your income the work permit will be vital.

thank u so much

if i should first get work permit,what have any benefit get marriage visa?

until i dont get work permit,i cant have income & i cant get non imm "o" visa, then u think why should i get marriage visa?

AGAIN THANKS 4 UR ATTENTION

With a workpermit you are allowed to work and with the visa you are allowed to stay in the country.

The benefit of a visa based on marriage is that you need to show less income than on most other types of visa, only 40,000 baht for you and your wife together.

With a workpermit you are allowed to work and with the visa you are allowed to stay in the country.

The benefit of a visa based on marriage is that you need to show less income than on most other types of visa, only 40,000 baht for you and your wife together.

thanks dear mario

i have another question

how can i get work permit?

how many ways are there for get work permit?

what do i need for get work permit if i want open a shop for myself?

if i want get multi entry visa based on marry,do i need 40k monthly incom?

how can i get multi entry visa?

what should i do for extend of that visa?

THANKS ALOT ( PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF IM VERY TALKATIVE)

On a multi entry you don't need to show any income. It just allows you to enter the country for a maximum of 90 day, before you have to leave the country. After that you can come right back again for another 90 days. It is valid for one year. By leaving and retunring just before the end of this year you can get another 90 days and so extend your visa to almost 15 months. After 15 months you will have to go to a Thai consulate or embassy abroad and apply again for this visa.

A work permit can only be issued by the labour office. There is no way around that and in some jobs you are not allowed to work. Also there is a mimimum requirement of salary for many jobs, depending on your nationality.

About opening a shop I' don't know much how to go about that. But have a look at the following link: http://www.boi.go.th/english/download/busi...stment-laws.pdf

It also gives a list of businesses and jobs you are not allowed to perform.

On a multi entry you don't need to show any income. It just allows you to enter the country for a maximum of 90 day, before you have to leave the country. After that you can come right back again for another 90 days. It is valid for one year. By leaving and retunring just before the end of this year you can get another 90 days and so extend your visa to almost 15 months. After 15 months you will have to go to a Thai consulate or embassy abroad and apply again for this visa.

A work permit can only be issued by the labour office. There is no way around that and in some jobs you are not allowed to work. Also there is a mimimum requirement of salary for many jobs, depending on your nationality.

About opening a shop I' don't know much how to go about that. But have a look at the following link: http://www.boi.go.th/english/download/busi...stment-laws.pdf

It also gives a list of businesses and jobs you are not allowed to perform.

THANK U

if i get multi entry visa & after that i can show 40k monthly incom, can i change my visa to typical(classic)non imm " o" visa?

if i get multi entry visa,after 90 days i should leave thailand. when i want return again i should show many proof & documents again or not?

when i want return,should i get permit entry to country in thailand or abroad?

when i leave thailand,after how long i can return again for another 90 days?

THANKS SO MUCH

Yes, if you later can show a family income of 40,000 you can change your visa to a "regular non-O, wich you can extend every year.

On multiple entry you can come and go to thailand as much as you want, as long as you don't stay longer than 90 days. After leaving you can come right back in the same day and only need to show your passport, no other documents. This visa is valid for one year. By just going and coming to Thailand before the year is finished you can extend this visa to almost 15 months.

After that you can no longer use this visa as it is expired. So after 15 months you have to leave Thailand and go to a Thai embassy and apply again for a non-O multiple visa. For this you need to show the required documents again.

I think you need to mention your nationality. Once you do that we can be specific with the applicable days for visas and extensions

thank dear MARIO very................ much

my nationality is iranian, is it important for get visa or applicable days for my visa?

if i want get multi entry visa again after 15 month, can i get it from thai embassy in iran? if NO, which country's consolate or embassy of thailand will give me visa again?

You have been told and you are not understanding the situation.

With your O Visa that you can obtain from the Thai consul or Embassy in your own Country, and valid for 1 Year from the date of Issue so dont get it until you are ready to leave for Thailand OK.

Now you get to Thailand you will obtain a stamp on arrival for 90 Days. Before or on the day it expires Not not later you have to leave Thailand for 5 Mins or as long as it takes for you to obtain a stamp and pay the Fee to the Country you wish to go to

and that woul depend on were you are in Thailand at the time. I take it that you would want to go to the nearest border. If you are in Chang Mia then that would be Mae Sai (Myanmar)

However if you are married to a Thai and you have 21 days left on your current 90 days before you have to do the border run you can obtain A spouse Visa, This does not mean you can stay and relax you must still report to the LOCAL Thai imigration office every 90 days with your proof of income that would be JOINT income 40k as regards you setting up in business, sorry but its not going to be easy and could take some time for you to establish iincome from it.

I do hope you understand its not easy in the LOS but many people live here and have to do same same

best of luck to you and for your marraige

You guys on here are very patient.Do you think this post is real????

im sorry,but u should know my question had 2 side that 1 side was about work pernit but if i selected wrong section for my post,i hope guys forgive me

but im very thankful any person same dear mario that was patient & answered my questions

You have been told and you are not understanding the situation.

With your O Visa that you can obtain from the Thai consul or Embassy in your own Country, and valid for 1 Year from the date of Issue so dont get it until you are ready to leave for Thailand OK.

Now you get to Thailand you will obtain a stamp on arrival for 90 Days. Before or on the day it expires Not not later you have to leave Thailand for 5 Mins or as long as it takes for you to obtain a stamp and pay the Fee to the Country you wish to go to

and that woul depend on were you are in Thailand at the time. I take it that you would want to go to the nearest border. If you are in Chang Mia then that would be Mae Sai (Myanmar)

However if you are married to a Thai and you have 21 days left on your current 90 days before you have to do the border run you can obtain A spouse Visa, This does not mean you can stay and relax you must still report to the LOCAL Thai imigration office every 90 days with your proof of income that would be JOINT income 40k as regards you setting up in business, sorry but its not going to be easy and could take some time for you to establish iincome from it.

I do hope you understand its not easy in the LOS but many people live here and have to do same same

best of luck to you and for your marraige

thanks 4 ur attention

when my 90 days finished & i should leave thailand, should i get visa for another country that i wish travel for obtain stamp?

if i want be employee & i have employer in thailand,i should have work only in jobs that arenot prohibited for foreign's investement or not?

THANKS AGAIN

When you exit the country after 90 days you might have to buy a visa from the country you are traveling to. Not sure what then visa requirements are for a Iranian. Depends on the country you are traveling to. Better to check this good.

Regarding your work it will be jobs that are in the list at the end of the link I gave you; like tour guide, lawyer etc. That is slightly different from the list of investments foreigners aren't allowed to do.

For most job, as asian you should have a minimum income of 35,000.

As said family income of 40k per month is the requirement for extension of stay so if wife pays tax on that amount each month an extension of stay would be possiable - but that does not allow OP to work.

As said family income of 40k per month is the requirement for extension of stay so if wife pays tax on that amount each month an extension of stay would be possiable - but that does not allow OP to work.

if my wife have work in shop & market together & pay tax that this tax can show we have 40000 BAHT monthly income,can i get & extend "o" visa?

You can live were you wont. But you have to do the Border run on your 90 day o visa

so it is better to be closer to a border crossing that can stamp you out and back in again.

But its up to you, also if you convert this to a spouse Visa you will have to go to the nearest Thai Imigration Office every 90 days, so take that into consideration.

There is no spouse visa but believe you are talking about extension of stay for one year. This only requires you visit Immigration each year for application and about one month later for stamp. If you do not travel you must make address reports every 90 days but that can be done by mail or someone else can do for you.

Hi everyone:

I have a big question about immigration to thailand I hope you help me & my wife.

my thai wife & me want marry in thailand & we want have life & work in thailand,but i have a big problem about work |& life in thailand because if i want get non imm "o"-marriage visa i should have 40k incom monthly but i think me & my wife cant show this .only i have 400k that i can bring with myself in thailand.

now i want help me about what can i do? how i can get visa?

when i will come to thailand, i will have only tourist visa.how i can have work for get 40k income without work permit?

if i cant show 40k income,do i have another way for get visa?

you think it is better i get non imm "b" visa (i be emplyee)or non imm "o" visa?

can i get proof 40k income from employer although my income is lower than this?

PLEASE HELP ME

THANK'S A LOT

A small statement only,if I may,and please don't take offense,none intended.

I know the stakes,my wife is Thai too,read the link about the jobs that you can do in Thailand,think that your wife can open a shop and earn the requested 40000 Baht a month,as required,but you cannot help her in the shop.If you do,it may bring many troublesome encounter with the BiB.

Thailand doesn't need(want)foreigners coming and living in theyr Country;they accept us only if they believe to have something to gain letting us settle here!

Marriage to a Thai is in no way a right to live in LoS(for women a little easier).

Try to speak with your partner about the problems before you commit yourself.Good luck,Mohammad :o

MANY PERSON IN THIS FROUM HELP ME VERY MUCH & IM THANKFUL 4 THIS.I HOPE GOD HELP MY WIFE & ME ABOUT CAN START OUR LIFE IN THAILAND VERY SOON BUT IM NOT SURE WE CAN HAVE LIFE IN THAILAND OR NOT.I DONT KNOW I CAN FIND A JOB THAT HAVE 40000 MONTHLY INCOME OR NOT(ARE THERE ANY PERSON IN THIS FROUM CAN HELP ME ABOUT FIND A JOB IN THAILAND?)ARE THERE ANY WORK IN THAILAND HAVE 40000 MONTHLY SUITABLE FOR ME? I THINK LIFE IN THAILAND IS VERY DIFFICULT BUT I HOPE GOD HELP US & ANY PERSON WANT HAVE LIFE IN THIS COUNTERY & WANT START THEIR LIFE.

BUT

I HAVE BEST WISHES 4 ANY PERSON IN THIS FROUM THAT HELP ME VERY MUCH

THANKS AGAIN

To be honest I am not sure you will find a legal job in Thailand.

For someone to employ you, they must be able to show that there is

no suitable Thai person available. To meet this requirement you will generally

need a University degree and a good level of experience in the job.

I have to agree with Abdulrahman,

Marriage to a Thai is in no way a right to live in LoS.

Try to speak with your partner about the problems before you commit yourself.

Good luck, Mohammad