Visa And Wp To Work For A Foundation

After working and returning the WP, I now want to change to volunteer work with a local but registered foundation. Do I go to Immigration first, and then Labour office or opposite.

I saw an old discussion on this but wondered if any change. Do we have to document financial support?

My non B visa runs out July 4th, do I need longer time or is the four five days sufficient? Do I have to go to Immigration in Bangkok, or the local?

I find all official offices here in Chan as very diligent, they read every word of the law, every written word, every thing has to be done in accordance to that. So I need to make sure before going there.

Best is to apply for the WP first. The labour office will than give you form WP3, which shows immigration that you will get a WP. When you have your non-O from immigration you get the WP. For volunteer work there is no income check. Going to the labour office and imigration could be done in 1 day. The actual Wp you might get a few days later.

But what kind of non-B are you on now? If you are on a 3 month non-B and yearly extensions your visa expires the same day you quit your job and returned the WP. It is not the case that your visa remains valid till the date you are permitted to stay. In that case you should have extend your visa with 7 days at immigration, other wise you are in overstay!

Best is to apply for the WP first. The labour office will than give you form WP3, which shows immigration that you will get a WP. When you have your non-O from immigration you get the WP. For volunteer work there is no income check. Going to the labour office and imigration could be done in 1 day. The actual Wp you might get a few days later.

But what kind of non-B are you on now? If you are on a 3 month non-B and yearly extensions your visa expires the same day you quit your job and returned the WP. It is not the case that your visa remains valid till the date you are permitted to stay. In that case you should have extend your visa with 7 days at immigration, other wise you are in overstay!

WP3 is actually the Ministry of Labour application form for a work permit. What you require is the 'Letter of Approval' which a slip of paper/receipt given to you/your employer by labour, when you successfuly lodge a work permit application.

Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province.