Post From Uk

saorsa

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how long it normally takes for stuff to get sent from the UK to get to Thailand (Pattaya). royal Mail website states 2-4 days, but i dont beleive that for thailand.

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how long it normally takes for stuff to get sent from the UK to get to Thailand (Pattaya). royal Mail website states 2-4 days, but i dont beleive that for thailand.

I received a small parcel today that took 21 days to arrive, i assume royal mail had postman pat swim over with it ! :o

I sent a parcel in Nov 2007 got there March 4 months and I payed close on £40 to sent it.

I did think it was going AIR mail but it went on a nice slow boat. But it did get here intact.

So dont give up on it just yet

I've sent many parcels from UK to LoS over the last several years, always by air and always by Royal Mail. The arrival times varied from as few as 4-5 days to as many as 20-22 days, with the norm typically a little over a week. Although the service delivery time varied, I never had one with a UK Royal Mail stamp disappear.

on most occasions, the letters or parcels that are sent to me normally arriving at the main bangkok sorting office 3-4 days after being posted from the UK, but then take upto 15 days to get delievered within Thailand :o

Reason i asked is i applied to open a nationwide account using my mum's adress in scotland so i can get free withdrawals and she will be forwarding the forms on for me to sign. I told her to send them recorded delivery...does that tend to make any difference (good or bad)?

If you get your mail in your home country forwarded regularly to Thailand by someone, try sending them your address written in both Thai and English on sticky labels. Or send them it as a .jpg or Word file, if they can print it onto such labels.

Reason i asked is i applied to open a nationwide account using my mum's adress in scotland so i can get free withdrawals and she will be forwarding the forms on for me to sign. I told her to send them recorded delivery...does that tend to make any difference (good or bad)?

Can Mum open account for You ?

They allways want to see ID and utility bill to verify its you

Money laundering and all that

If not she could open one in her name and send card to you

& PIN No by phone

Can Mum open account for You ?

They allways want to see ID and utility bill to verify its you

Money laundering and all that

If not she could open one in her name and send card to you

& PIN No by phone

Already got a bank account and a couple of credit cards running from her address, plus I keep a pay monthly UK mobile with Orange going for work which is from her address, so should be good with supplying proof of residence. Not lived in Uk for about 4 years now, but found it handy to keep some stuff running from there.

If you get your mail in your home country forwarded regularly to Thailand by someone, try sending them your address written in both Thai and English on sticky labels. Or send them it as a .jpg or Word file, if they can print it onto such labels.

not a bad Idea, will try this :o

In the days of the late collection in the UK I used to receive letters from

London to Bangkok in less that 24 hours.

Post from Pattaya to Bangkok can take a week, never mind the international leg. :o