Question About Penang Visa Run

Hi,

Based on another thread that I started a few days ago (which has since taken an ugly turn), I am taking advice and seeing about getting a triple-entry tourist visa from the consulate in Penang. This will at least hold us over until we can see about get a NI visa in the US next spring.

My friend and I will be staying with a Thai friend of ours in Nakhon Si Thammarat for a few days, and will be using this oppurtunity to combine this trip with a visa run to Malaysia. Rather than just hop the border and right back in, I believe that taking the extra time to get a visa in Penang is a good idea.

So my question is -- I've heard about some having to wait a day or two to get their Non-Immigrant Visas -- does the same timeline hold true for a tourist visa? Would we be able to get the tourist visa right then and there, or will we have to wait a day or two?

Thanks in advance for answers to this question -- and if there are any other advice or poitners that I should know about, please let me know :o

-H

The normal procedure is apply before noon and receive next business day after 2 PM. This is also the normal procedure at most Consulates.

You may be able to arrange same day service by payment of overtime fees using a service but the cost is quite high.

Have no idea if you can routinely receive a 3 entry tourist visa in Penang.

The normal procedure is apply before noon and receive next business day after 2 PM.  This is also the normal procedure at most Consulates.

You may be able to arrange same day service by payment of overtime fees using a service but the cost is quite high.

Have no idea if you can routinely receive a 3 entry tourist visa in Penang.

A one day wait is fine. Another question that comes to mind is how much one of these visas costs, and if I would be paying in Thai baht or Malaysian ringgits.

The triple entry visa is not a permanant solution, but it will last me until I fly back to the US, where I can see about getting an NI visa for a longer and more leginamate stay.

Thanks for your quick reply :o

-H

It is 100 Malaysian Ringgit for each entry, i was there Nov last year got a double entry for 200 Ringgit.........not sure if they/ll give you a treble or not.....if i was you i/d use an agent to go to the Consulate for you, they/ll know if the Consulate are issuing trebles or not (normal service charge for this is 20 Ringgit) if you go Parvez Travel (aka NJ books) in front of the swiss hotel on Lebuh Chulia Georgetown they/ll sort it for you. They will also change money for you. Recommend the Hotel Continental at the end of Jalan Penang for a room ,you can book it online .