Non Imm O Visa

I live in Thailand with non imm o visa (s) from marriage paper. Last year i get one year extension from Suan Plu. Now it is time again. (second one year extension) Do I need all the paper I give them last year, or is it enough with passport, bankstatement and my wife.

Original and copy from embasey confirm pension, original and copy from marriage paper, original and copy from household registration(blue book),

Bankbook and statement from bank, passport and copy, My wife ID and copy. Visiting by a policeman who will talk with my neighbours and the landlord. Find a government people who can confirm that we still are married.

Last time it took about six month and I hope it could be done in one day. The day of extension is 22 nov. Dec 1 we going to europe. If it can not be done in one day, will it be better to cross the border and my non o visa, get a 1month tourist visa and the aply for a non imm o in europe before we return to thailand.

Only problem with that is if someday you wanted to apply for permanent residency. For that you need 3 (or is it 5) consecutive one year extensions.

I've never done my extension in Bangkok so I couldn't say how long it takes there but down here it is a minimum of 3 months, and I have done it for many many years.

And yeah, they want the same copies. I just can't understand why they need new copies of our marriage license since it hasn't changed since the last time! :o

It is not done in one day. You will not have to have the visits and some of the copies may not be needed (home register if no change) but it will take about six weeks and you must be here on the exact date. If you had applied earlier they may have been able to schedule before your trip but it is iffy now but worth a try. Go with your tickets and explain and perhaps they can rush it or give you a report date after your planned return.

If your return is very early January you can probably just apply for extension on the 21st and get a re-entry permit and be back in time. But if longer you need to talk with them now.

This is one of the things you should plan for each year at the same time.

If you can not arrange another course you can do the border crossing and obtain a new O visa when in Europe and start the process again a couple of months after your return - this might be good to get it out of xmas if that is going to be a regular trip. Good luck.