Renewing A One Year Non Imm O Visa

I already have a one year non immigrant O visa which is due to expire soon. I am also working outside Thailand after getting a re-entry permit.

As the job has not finished yet, I want to fly back and renew the one year visa for another year (thus getting the second consecutive one year visa, and bringing me that much closer to being in a position to apply for residency), and also get a new re-entry permit, before leaving Thailand again to finish the job I am on.

Does anyone know what I will need to get the second one year visa and also how long it will take to complete? Also does anyone know if I can get a re-entry permit at the same time as getting the one year visa?

Any help appreciated.

What is the basis of your O visa? If Thai wife support you will need 400k/or income and same type of papers first time. If over 50 retirement 800k/or income and same type of papers first time.

Normal time for support extension is 40-45 days (you get temp stamp and have to return on exact day to receive final stamp). Re-entry permit can be obtained same day(s).

On  what  grounds  did  you  obtain  your  Non  Imm  visa.......marriage?

Yes the visa is on marriage grounds.

I have lived in Thailand for the last fifteen years, but rarely worked here. All my work is outside Thailand but within Asia. Up till last year I would just get tourist visas when coming back on leave, but then had an extended leave so went in on a non imm O and got the one year extension.

I would like to continue getting the one year extensions and later apply for residency. Problem is, I am again working outside Thailand and will be when the first one year visa expires. What I would like to do is to renew it quickly then get back to work again, if that is possible.

Could be difficult.

As Lopburi says it takes 40-45 day and you get the "under consideration" stamp for 1 month, then another, if necessary.

You can leave during the waiting time, with a re-entry permit,

but you must be back on the due date(s).

If this does not fit well with your work plans, talk to the immigration

officers explaining the difficulty,and see of they can help.