Relocating To Thailand... Maybe.

Rollo

Greetings all,

I’ve been seriously considering relocating to Thailand and I wanted an insider’s opinion. I currently live in Acapulco, Mexico and it’s great, but I think I like to try something new. I make my living online so first I’d like to ask if there are reliable, high speed internet service providers…? I’m considering a couple different places, Bangkok, Phuket, Payatta… which would you choose? I like the beach and I’ve hard that Thailand has some fine beaches… but I have no idea where best to be. Lastly, how much do apartments rent for? Here they can be relatively cheap to hyper-expensive, often for the very same apartment depending upon who you deal with. Can one rent a decent place for say $400 - $700 USD? Lastly, how does immigration work? Do expats have to leave and re-enter the country constantly?

I guess that covers the basics.

Thanks a million!

Rollo

Greetings all,

I’ve been seriously considering relocating to Thailand and I wanted an insider’s opinion.  I currently live in Acapulco, Mexico and it’s great, but I think I like to try something new.  I make my living online so first I’d like to ask if there are reliable, high speed internet service providers…?  I’m considering a couple different places, Bangkok, Phuket, Payatta… which would you choose?  I like the beach and I’ve hard that Thailand has some fine beaches… but I have no idea where best to be.  Lastly, how much do apartments rent for?  Here they can be relatively cheap to hyper-expensive, often for the very same apartment depending upon who you deal with.  Can one rent a decent place for say $400 - $700 USD?  Lastly, how does immigration work?  Do expats have to leave and re-enter the country constantly?

Thanks a million!

Rollo

This topic has been discussed in great detail "ad nauseum."

Try the search feature at the top of the page to navigate around the site.

Any question you can think of relative to moving here has already been asked atleast half a dozen times.

I live in San Diego right now ansd have spent alot of time in Mexico.

I would be in Thailand right now but my wife who has been here about 4.5 years now is not ready to make the move back.  Plus her sister just moved here from Quebec so they're having to much fun in Southern Cal. now.

What kind of work do you do on line.  I'm a physician looking for a carrer change.

Chok dee...

Greetings all,

I’ve been seriously considering relocating to Thailand and I wanted an insider’s opinion.  I currently live in Acapulco, Mexico and it’s great, but I think I like to try something new.  I make my living online so first I’d like to ask if there are reliable, high speed internet service providers…?  I’m considering a couple different places, Bangkok, Phuket, Payatta… which would you choose?  I like the beach and I’ve hard that Thailand has some fine beaches… but I have no idea where best to be.  Lastly, how much do apartments rent for?  Here they can be relatively cheap to hyper-expensive, often for the very same apartment depending upon who you deal with.  Can one rent a decent place for say $400 - $700 USD?  Lastly, how does immigration work?  Do expats have to leave and re-enter the country constantly?

Thanks a million!

Rollo

This topic has been discussed in great detail "ad nauseum."

Try the search feature at the top of the page to navigate around the site.

Any question you can think of relative to moving here has already been asked atleast half a dozen times.

I live in San Diego right now ansd have spent alot of time in Mexico.

I would be in Thailand right now but my wife who has been here about 4.5 years now is not ready to make the move back.  Plus her sister just moved here from Quebec so they're having to much fun in Southern Cal. now.

What kind of work do you do on line.  I'm a physician looking for a carrer change.

Chok dee...

Actually, I own a variety of online business related to online marketing. I can pretty much live anywhere where there is high-speed internet. I'll do a search and see what I can find. Acapulco is great, I've also lived in Rio de Janeiro which is also great, but very different. I suppose that I don't want to miss out on Thailand, I've heard it's the best place to be in South East Asia. Although I've heard good things about the Philippines. Has anyone spent time in both countries?

Anyhow, thanks for the tip.