Name Me Some Cheap Hotels Right Near Nana Plaza

Farside

Can anyone recommend me some cheap hotels that are right near the Nana Plaza complex, Within a few mins walk if possible, Also they need to have a website so i can book online (Links too please), Something along the price range of 500 - 1200 baht per night, Nothing exceeding 1200 baht per night please.

I've been googling but the only place i found was nana plaza hotel which is opposite the nana plaza complex and that was fully booked out :D

Any help please? I've never actually stayed in bangkok, So i don't know the city at all :o

shame on you, britmaveric, for intentionally sending someone to Grace Hotel . . . that's a terrible trick to play on a newbie.

Why ? What's wrong with that hotel ? :o:D

everything

And then some.

Do a google on Nana Thai Mansion.

That one isn't too bad.

Majestic Suites can't be beaten..

Dynasty Inn is close.

A few minutes further away there are a few down Soi 8.

For a bit more money there is the Ever Rich.

majestic suites is a bit too expensive, the rooms start at 1315 per night

Dynasty inn starts at 1480 baht per night, Too expensive too

I can only afford 1200 max :o

shame on you, britmaveric, for intentionally sending someone to Grace Hotel . . . that's a terrible trick to play on a newbie.

everything

And then some.

That one isn't too bad.

How far away is that from nana plaza? My friend said he once stayed there for 1 night and there was a free taxi service or something outside, He walked out the hotel turned left and got the taxi right up (or down) the street to where some bars where but he couldn't find the "nana plaza" :D

Go on, Tell me it was right under his nose hahaha :D

I wouldn't get hung up on location if I were you - taxis are everywhere and DIRT cheap. I'm not able to recommend anywhere but there's no need to stay right in the middle of the action.

I also wouldn't get hung up on the book on the interweb thing either - book somewhere online for a day or two if you must, then go for a wander. It's low season, so can't see everywhere being booked solid by any means.

Actually I can recommend a place - my mate stayed at a hotel at the back end of Soi 4 (Nana Soi) for 900 a night. Can't remember the name and it's doubtful they will do internet bookings (most don't), but mate said it was comfortable, safe, secure, GF etc.

I wouldn't get hung up on location if I were you - taxis are everywhere and DIRT cheap. I'm not able to recommend anywhere but there's no need to stay right in the middle of the action.

I also wouldn't get hung up on the book on the interweb thing either - book somewhere online for a day or two if you must, then go for a wander. It's low season, so can't see everywhere being booked solid by any means.

Actually I can recommend a place - my mate stayed at a hotel at the back end of Soi 4 (Nana Soi) for 900 a night. Can't remember the name and it's doubtful they will do internet bookings (most don't), but mate said it was comfortable, safe, secure, GF etc.

I know what you are saying but it would be cheaper in the long run for me as i wouldn't have to keep paying for taxis there and back all the time, I don't have much money this time (Backpacking kind of) so that's why i'm trying to save the pennies, So i can still have a good laugh haha.

I don't usually book on the internet either, I usually just get the taxi driver from the airport to take me around to hotels in which ever city i'm staying in, then i or the driver will jump out and ask the prices, But i just want to get it all sorted for a few nights after i get back from the Philippines then go to Pattaya where i normally stay (renting mates apartment).

Majestic Suites can't be beaten..

Dynasty Inn is close.

A few minutes further away there are a few down Soi 8.

For a bit more money there is the Ever Rich.

majestic suites is a bit too expensive, the rooms start at 1315 per night

Dynasty inn starts at 1480 baht per night, Too expensive too

I can only afford 1200 max :D

The majestic is 1.80 GBP dearer Mate & not bad, the Dynasty is another 2.50 GBP dearer & again it's better, i doubt if it will break the Bank... :o

The majestic is 1.80 GBP dearer Mate & not bad, the Dynasty is another 2.50 GBP dearer & again it's better, i doubt if it will break the Bank... :D

It may do mine haha, It's very low on funds :o I may have to just stay a few days to party and then high tail it away after that before i run out of coin, Is the Majestic Suites very close to Nana Plaza complex? How far walking distance is it?

Thanks. :D

Majestic Suites is a very nice small hotel...and just around the corner (on the main Suk Road) from Nana Plaza... and is guest friendly of course...

Hard to find their rooms for much less than 1300....so it's a bit above your requested price range...

Try some of the online booking sites...like asiarooms.com or passionasia.com....for availability of Nana Plaza... It's right across the street from NEP and usually is around 1200 including breakfast...

There are a couple choices on Soi 8 in the 1000 to 1200 baht range...but they are a 10 minute walk down Suk Road... (going from Suk 4 (Nana) to Suk 8.

I'd avoid the Grace Hotel at all costs... it's a dump and is heavily frequented by Middle Eastern clients....

There is always the Crown Hotel on Suk Soi 29 (I think). It is 1 BTS station from Nana near to Asoke and quite walkable (if you are not a fat, unhealthly g*t). Has a pool, small bar/restaurant and plenty of midnight 'traffic'. Rooms are clean with private 'ensuite' (!) and noisy air-con. Typically 600 baht per night, always has rooms.

Sound the pits, but I always stay there when I'm in BKK. Never had a problem with it. Even has parking.

Simon

I stayed at the Crown one night....a few months ago...on a night when the electricity was out on my soi, and everyone went out for a late night of partying...as a result....

It was OK...and the price mentioned was correct.... But it was pretty threadbare...and certainly a long haul down Suk Road from NEP....

If that's the price and class of hotel at issue here, then the other Crown Hotel between Suk Soi 6 and 8 is about 1000 baht, far far closer to NEP, and probably a bit more comfortable and clean... It also includes a decent buffet breakfast.... Stone's throw from Nana BTS station at Soi 8.

I stayed at the Crown one night....a few months ago...on a night when the electricity was out on my soi, and everyone went out for a late night of partying...as a result....

It was OK...and the price mentioned was correct.... But it was pretty threadbare...and certainly a long haul down Suk Road from NEP....

If that's the price and class of hotel at issue here, then the other Crown Hotel between Suk Soi 6 and 8 is about 1000 baht, far far closer to NEP, and probably a bit more comfortable and clean... It also includes a decent buffet breakfast.... Stone's throw from Nana BTS station at Soi 8.

I've regularly got Nana hotel for 900Bt.

You could try Woraburi (half way down Soi 4 (Soi nana).

But what's the diff between a couple of quid per night?

We're hardly talking 3 or 4 or 5,000Bt per night here.

So what we have here is a guy flying all the way from the UK, who often just lets the taxi driver at the hotel find him a hotel (yikes!), who will probably be blowing 4-5000 a night in Nana Plaza, who wants a hotel within staggering distance of Nana Plaza (because he wants to save on the taxi fares), but who says he can't afford to pay an extra pound or two per night on a room.

*Sigh*

TAT really really needs help.

I don't know if it is of any help to you, but whenever I come to Thailand i use www.hoteltravel.com for my bookings. I have found them to be accurate and helpful. Even when I needed a hotel on the day of arrival in Chiang Mai (because I had forgotten to book) they dealt with me over the phone and came up with a great deal.

Good luck

T

everything

And then some.

That one isn't too bad.

How far away is that from nana plaza? My friend said he once stayed there for 1 night and there was a free taxi service or something outside, He walked out the hotel turned left and got the taxi right up (or down) the street to where some bars where but he couldn't find the "nana plaza" :D

Well, firstly you turn right, and it's a one cigarette walk, second it isn't a taxi but a white tuk-tuk with a tip box (tipping is not mandatory) third, if you can't find the NEP in Soi 4, you need to change your guide dog.

everything

And then some.

That one isn't too bad.

Nana thai Mansion is an absolute s*** hole that I wouldn't house my dog in (unless I were prepared to pay for his de-lousing afterwards).

Have stayed there and the room was so disgusting (I'm not even fussy), I asked for a new room and it was equally as bad.

The vomit, urine and other bodily excreted stains on the carpets and the bugs in the rooms are worthy of a visit from david Attenborough (there's probably life forms being created that have hitherto been unknown to science, apperaing form the primela oooze that is their reception area).

Even the wallpaper (or what's behind it) moves and emits noises.

I left (without a refund) after 2 and a half days and sought an alternative hotel.

They do have a free white Stretch-TukTuk that takes you to NEP (a 5 to 10 minute walk, otherwise) but as you (or, at least, I) feel obliged to tip the poor driver 20Bt or so, how free is it? - Especially if you're on such a tight budget.

Had some friends who stayed at Dynasty (right next to NEP and were very happy (will return) and the Majestic Suites does take some beating, for value (which is prob why they are always so heavly booked - so don't fk around if you decide to stay there).

Chok-Dee.

SebD raises an interesting point, and one I've often thought about. What is the point of hotel recommendations from complete strangers? Hotels that others might think are great, I might think are complete dumps. Similarly places I'm very happy in, others might find unacceptable.

It's all very strange.