Options To Mail To Usa With Tracking/insurance

NoSpeakIt

Hello, I am looking to mail some stuff to the USA. I am wondering what my options are to send it with tracking and insurance (that I will actually be able to claim). Is it better to go with the Thai post office or a private company?

On the other side, what are the options of mailing stuff to Thailand with tracking and insurance? And, what are the rules on paying import taxes? Will my packages get stuff in some import office? Anyway around this? I want to have books and food products mailed my way.

You can use EMS (tracking) via Thailand Post to send items internationally. It is cheaper at an official Thailand Post Office rather than one of the mail agents, who add on a margin. I can't offer advice regarding mailing items to Thailand from the USA, having never done so. I've had no problems receiving however many items from abroad, as long as the packages are not too large (books, bags, clothing). It is unlikely that Thai customs will stop small items unless they have a high declared value on the customs declaration. In saying that, I have had purchases with declared values of several thousand baht come straight through with no hold-ups.