Lo Fi Version Of Thai Visa

pgrin

I always read TV in Lo Fi version as all of the responses are posted in order. I find the high speed version annoying unless someone can explain how to open up all responses at once. Anyway my lo-fi link doesn't work anymore. What's up?

P

I too rely on the lo-fi version. My bookmark for this has opened the hifi version this morning - and the lofi link at the bottom of the page also sends me to the hifi version - something's gone wrong somewhere!!!

On the righthand top side it says: options.

Try to switch to standard display mode.

I think that is what you mean..

It's the stripped down text only version (much faster) that OP is referring to, found usually via the link at the bottom of every page saying 'lo-fi version' - seems to be broken, it just refreshes the full image heavy version now.

From the other forum topic on this issue:
We are currently building a new lo-fi skin for mobiles, iPhones and PDA's. Will be released soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For mobiles, iPhones, and PDA's...it will work on PC's as well, right?

Guest Reimar
From the other forum topic on this issue:
We are currently building a new lo-fi skin for mobiles, iPhones and PDA's. Will be released soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For mobiles, iPhones, and PDA's...it will work on PC's as well, right?

Yes, it will! ASAP!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reimar
I have that problem the other way around...trapped in the Lo-Fi version.

Give me my shiny colours back, I am a Windows kid and not used to Limux command prompts...

That's quite funny!

If I click on the LoFi Version button. I just get the full version!

Cheers.

Give me my shiny colours back, I am a Windows kid and not used to Limux command prompts...

Raro, this sounds strange. Please post a screen shot!

Raro, this sounds strange. Please post a screen shot!

Just saw on my other computer that TV is behaving normally...cleared cache and cookies on the laptop ...et voila!

It is now 3 weeks that the Lo-Fi version of Thai Visa has gone.

And despite being promised an early solution, there is still no lo-fi version. All of us who read TV on mobile devices or UMPCs have lots of problems since.

Just a kind reminder that we are waiting for a solution.

Thanks!

Guest Reimar
It is now 3 weeks that the Lo-Fi version of Thai Visa has gone.

And despite being promised an early solution, there is still no lo-fi version. All of us who read TV on mobile devices or UMPCs have lots of problems since.

Just a kind reminder that we are waiting for a solution.

Thanks!

It's not really a problem which can be easily solved by TV but has to e done by the software developer. TV has to wait for the new update where should be some fixes of the existing version.

Please be patient as TV has to be patient also.

Thanks.

It's not really a problem which can be easily solved by TV but has to e done by the software developer. TV has to wait for the new update where should be some fixes of the existing version.

Thanks.

Well, it seems that the forum software of TV is Invision Power Board. And if you check their own forum at http://forums.invisionpower.com/ , you will find that the lo-fi version runs very well.

It may be just a matter of configuration on the TV side. But thanks for taking care of the problem.

Guest Reimar

Thanks.

Well, it seems that the forum software of TV is Invision Power Board. And if you check their own forum at http://forums.invisionpower.com/ , you will find that the lo-fi version runs very well.

It may be just a matter of configuration on the TV side. But thanks for taking care of the problem.

If it's just simple as that, the problem would be solved already! But it isn't!

TV is a licensee of Invision and the problem was coming with the latest upgrade and so TV has to wait for the correction upgrade.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

TV is a licensee of Invision and the problem was coming with the latest upgrade and so TV has to wait for the correction upgrade.

Cheers.

Way over a month now.

And moderators are ABSOLUTELY sure you are doing everything you can... and it has nothing to do with advertising incomes...?

Edit: a typo.

Edited by mstrtptn

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

Way over a month now.

And moderators are ABSOLUTELY sure you are doing everything you can... and it has nothing to do with advertising incomes...?

Edit: a typo.

Can't you understand that TV has to wait for an working Update from the Developer of the Board software?

Please be patient as we have to be too!

Thanks and cheers.

No, I do not ask when the Lo-Fi Version is getting back, I just appreciate that it will get back at one time since reading for me is much easier and Acrobat copies from Lo-Fi are again much nicer and free of advertising. I do show the patience and thanks to the mods and people that do such a conversion, which I know is not just a mouse-click away.

What I want to know is, if with the new version you still force me to a certain working habit that I do not like. Let me explain:

I start ThaiVisa by a link that gets me straight to

Thai visas, residency and work permits

After that I may proceed to

Job Offers in Thailand

After that I would like to switch back again to

But that menu is no longer available in the lower part of the software, see ThaiVisa.pdf and I have to start again with my initial link. Can somebody tell me if the full menu can be set somehow within the current software or whether the full menu will be back again after the full conversion and as it was before?

Guest Reimar
No, I do not ask when the Lo-Fi Version is getting back, I just appreciate that it will get back at one time since reading for me is much easier and Acrobat copies from Lo-Fi are again much nicer and free of advertising. I do show the patience and thanks to the mods and people that do such a conversion, which I know is not just a mouse-click away.

What I want to know is, if with the new version you still force me to a certain working habit that I do not like. Let me explain:

I start ThaiVisa by a link that gets me straight to

After that I may proceed to

Job Offers in Thailand

After that I would like to switch back again to

But that menu is no longer available in the lower part of the software, see ThaiVisa.pdf and I have to start again with my initial link. Can somebody tell me if the full menu can be set somehow within the current software or whether the full menu will be back again after the full conversion and as it was before?

Maybe you use the arrow key for to scroll up in that forum Windows! Your screen shot didn't show the slider on the right side and I think your Monitor adjustments are wrong or you set the screen resolution to high. Here you have to start: set the screen resolution to a suppoted size of your monitor.

Cheers.

No, I do not ask when the Lo-Fi Version is getting back, I just appreciate that it will get back at

Maybe you use the arrow key for to scroll up in that forum Windows! Your screen shot didn't show the slider on the right side and I think your Monitor adjustments are wrong or you set the screen resolution to high. Here you have to start: set the screen resolution to a suppoted size of your monitor.

Cheers.

I think this has nothing to do with monitor adjustments or screen solution. Yes I do and why should I not use the arrow key to access the individual threads or menues?

The problem is that the thread/menue screen is overlapping the basic Internet Explorer screen when i.e. I reduce it as shown in ScreenShot1.pdf. In my initial posting the screen shot did not show the sliding bar, because it overlapps the basic full Internet Explorer screen.

I enclose ScreenShot2.pdf of a similar software that you probably know and which does prove my point.

Guest Reimar

That didn't looks like an problem from the Board Software. It could be because you use an German Windows XP. Special the display of English programs in an German Windows will be in different dimensions. The German Windows for example displays the Program Icons not bigger than in English but on bigger space. And the same is happens to some Menus and so.

Cheers.

That didn't looks like an problem from the Board Software. It could be because you use an German Windows XP. Special the display of English programs in an German Windows will be in different dimensions. The German Windows for example displays the Program Icons not bigger than in English but on bigger space. And the same is happens to some Menus and so.

Cheers.

Thank you Reimar to be helpful, I appreciate. I do not want to argue with you, just respond, as you probably know much more about computers than I do.

I firmly believe that you look into the wrong direction. Yes, I use a legal German XP SP3 copy in Swiss settings but I have never heard about what you want to tell me. Here as proof is my ScreenShot3.pdf on English software. I am saying: Get that menue aligned with the basic screen and do not let it overlap

The problem occurred when ThaiVisa started with the current ongoing and not yet finished update. I will not bother you any further and await now the answer of sbk and also hope at the same time that the Lo-Fi Version will be released soon. Thank you.

Thank you for this great news, George. I know what it needs to do an upgrade.

Sbk, you the pro may laugh that me, as a MS mainstream follower for good reasons, only uses the MS Internet browser. Apart from ThaiVisa I also run one particular software from the US which to me is far far more important than ThaiVisa, but as of yet runs on the MS Internet browser only.

For just the test I am willing to install a German copy of i.e. Firefox. I am interested myself, but doubt that in the future I would switch within software that actually does the same thing. Give me a day or two to do that and I will let you know.

P.S. I just noticed for the first time a pop up from a memeber when I entered ThaiVisa and I found it cute.

As I promised to sbk here is the result of my little testing.

Enclosed is a Microsoft and Firefox Screenshot file, each containing 6 print screens of similar software that is being used by ThaiVisa. First I did all the shots for Microsoft and after that for Firefox and did not change any settings or screen resolutions during the test.

I reduced in both cases (MS and Firefox) the width of my basic screen by about one half of an inch to better illustrate the outcome.

In Firefox none of the 6 sub-menues overlaps the basic screen. However, in Microsoft ThaiVisa is the only one that does it.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that i.e. within Microsoft in the pages of PDGA and Wilder Security their sub-menue does overlap the content screen, but not the basic screen.

Firefox_ScreenShots.pdf

MS_ScreenShots.pdf