Lo Fi Version Of Thai Visa

pgrin

Guest Reimar
As I promised to sbk here is the result of my little testing.

Enclosed is a Microsoft and Firefox Screenshot file, each containing 6 print screens of similar software that is being used by ThaiVisa. First I did all the shots for Microsoft and after that for Firefox and did not change any settings or screen resolutions during the test.

I reduced in both cases (MS and Firefox) the width of my basic screen by about one half of an inch to better illustrate the outcome.

In Firefox none of the 6 sub-menues overlaps the basic screen. However, in Microsoft ThaiVisa is the only one that does it.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that i.e. within Microsoft in the pages of PDGA and Wilder Security their sub-menue does overlap the content screen, but not the basic screen.

Firefox_ScreenShots.pdf

MS_ScreenShots.pdf

If you tell that all the screen shots are the original from you, than you've to admit that in Microsoft ALL menues overlapping!! Maybe my eyes not ok but I see it so!

Now, one thing is clear: It's not a Thaivisa problem because even the menue's from your other Forum's overlapping!

But what's the problem? As I wrote before, the German Windows use a different pixel size for reserve the space for Icon's, text pp. One other thing is that the German version maybe use a different standard font set and that could have an effect as well.

But from my point of view, that problem is related to your computer and/or software.

Just to give you something to think about: if I install an English Windows XP and later on the LIP (Language Interface Pack) in German to change the whole layout to German or vice versa, it's in German still different to an real German Installation of Windows XP! From the graphical display, the Icon in the German XP uses a much bigger space on screen then in an English XP and the Fonts a sligthly different.

I think you need to start to check your computer and the installed software incl. OS because there are your problems.

Cheers.

As I promised to sbk here is the result of my little testing.

Enclosed is a Microsoft and Firefox Screenshot file, each containing 6 print screens of similar software that is being used by ThaiVisa. First I did all the shots for Microsoft and after that for Firefox and did not change any settings or screen resolutions during the test.

I reduced in both cases (MS and Firefox) the width of my basic screen by about one half of an inch to better illustrate the outcome.

In Firefox none of the 6 sub-menues overlaps the basic screen. However, in Microsoft ThaiVisa is the only one that does it.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that i.e. within Microsoft in the pages of PDGA and Wilder Security their sub-menue does overlap the content screen, but not the basic screen.

Firefox_ScreenShots.pdf

MS_ScreenShots.pdf

If you tell that all the screen shots are the original from you, than you've to admit that in Microsoft ALL menues overlapping!! Maybe my eyes not ok but I see it so!

Now, one thing is clear: It's not a Thaivisa problem because even the menue's from your other Forum's overlapping!

I will give it a last try.

Reimar, where in my last message did I tell that within the MS Browsers reduced screen all my personally established screen shots overlap? I uploaded MS Browser ScreensShots and in fact it is only ThaiVisa where its sub-menue does overlap the basic reduced MS Browser screen. Really, cant you see that?

Guest Reimar

OK, than get clear with pictures:

1. Here you have to click to get the menu open for to choose where you want to go

Menue%201.jpg

2. This is the Menu

Menue%202.jpg

Here you need to realize that the upcoming menu box will be in with as much as the longest menu in textsize, which is in Thaivisa the Internet, co........ menu

3. from you MS screenshots

Menue%203%20MS.jpgMenue%204%20MS.jpgMenue%205%20MS.jpg

Here you can see that the menu exceed the size of the menubar but not the size of the Browser.

Same is happens for all your other pictures ex the one from Thaivisa

4. Here your picture from Thaivisa.

Menue%206%20MS.jpg

Now come back to the above mentioned: The size of the menu box is oriented on the size of the "longest" text inside that box.

That is why the size of all boxes differs because the size of the text inside the boxes are not equal.

If you can set the justification for the menu box to right instead to left, the box will never outside.

One other thing is, as I was wrote before, that the German Windows use a different set of Fonts than the English version.

But again, all that isn't a problem of TV!

Cheers.

Reimar I'm using a Palm TX With Palm OS and now i cant view Thai Visa.

Very handy do not have to haul a laptop around as it has wifi access and can also use it with my phone using edge.

Was Able to when i visited in March now page will not load.

doalittle, can't view thaivisa, what do you mean exactly? can you see headers or the page does not load period?

also gzu, given the issues with german fonts, I wonder if you have tried changing your fonts in your browser?

OK, than get clear with pictures:

1. Here you have to click to get the menu open for to choose where you want to go

Menue%201.jpg

2. This is the Menu

Menue%202.jpg

Here you need to realize that the upcoming menu box will be in with as much as the longest menu in textsize, which is in Thaivisa the Internet, co........ menu

3. from you MS screenshots

Menue%203%20MS.jpgMenue%204%20MS.jpgMenue%205%20MS.jpg

Here you can see that the menu exceed the size of the menubar but not the size of the Browser.

Same is happens for all your other pictures ex the one from Thaivisa

4. Here your picture from Thaivisa.

Menue%206%20MS.jpg

Now come back to the above mentioned: The size of the menu box is oriented on the size of the "longest" text inside that box.

That is why the size of all boxes differs because the size of the text inside the boxes are not equal.

If you can set the justification for the menu box to right instead to left, the box will never outside.

One other thing is, as I was wrote before, that the German Windows use a different set of Fonts than the English version.

But again, all that isn't a problem of TV!

Cheers.

I understand every bit of what is said above, except one little item I will relate later on.

Call me dumb or stupid, why is it that in TV, and TV only (I have not seen any other forum that does it), and when using Microsoft Internet Explorer the pop-up sub-menu does overlap the width of the browser? You cannot do that!

MS_Browser_ScreenShot.pdf

It is not a matter of fonts. And why should I change the fonts for just one application, e.g. TV? I will stick with my German XP copy and its current settings as they run for every single application that I use and you can be dam_n sure my Internet behavior is far more oriented towards the United States than to anywhere else.

What I do not understand and do not know how to adjust and to move or as you say "set the justification" of the menu box. That is the key, good gracious. Get that f****** box inside the browser!!

Do not worry. I can run TV in a reduced browser screen. My aim was to relate this item from a user to the pros. Thank you. Discussion closed.

In the meantime whilst TV are sorting out the lo-fi, if you're using firefox you can save banwdith by selecting 'View', 'Page Style', 'No Style' from the main firefox menu at the top. IE probably has a similar option.

• 4 weeks later...
Can't you understand that TV has to wait for an working Update from the Developer of the Board software?

Heading to the 3rd month of "updating" now.

When will the moderators admit that this has very little to do with anything else than money?

Answer: When Thaksin admits being involved in corruption, when GWB admits there are no WMD, when Mugabe...

Isn't it just easier to tell the truth here?

Edited by mstrtptn

Heading to the 3rd month of "updating" now.

Isn't it just easier to tell the truth here?

Thanks, you just speak my mind. I dont want to compare this with politics or discuss this from a money point of view, but something is really fishy with this Lo Fi Version "updating" scenario.

If you mods are professionals enough then speak up now, tell the truth and let us have a timetable we all really can count on. We now dont want to hear stories about the software vendor, testing and what else you may find exusable.

As explained before: The Board software is developed and updated by Invision and Thaivisa is just an licensee!

Unfortunate Thaivisa, the Owner, an Admin or an Mod can't tell you how long Invision will need to produce an working LoFi version. That has nothing to do with to be a professional!

If you mods are professionals enough then speak up now, tell the truth and let us have a timetable we all really can count on. We now dont want to hear stories about the software vendor, testing and what else you may find exusable.

If you don't like the way Thaivisa is handling it's problems, feel free to move to an other forum. It seems to be that you had forget that YOU use Thaivisa for free as most of all other users, include the Admins and Moderators. If you read the rules again, you'll find that the use of Thaivisa Forum is for free but on will of Thaivisa to whom they give the rights of using it's forums.

Clearly spoken, as long as you didn't sponsering Thaivisa or pay for Advertisements, you haven't any rights.

So it would be gracefull if you ask a bit more friendly.

Reimar, on behalf of the Moderating Team Thaivisa

If you don't like the way Thaivisa is handling it's problems, feel free to move to an other forum. It seems to be that you had forget that YOU use Thaivisa for free as most of all other users, include the Admins and Moderators. If you read the rules again, you'll find that the use of Thaivisa Forum is for free but on will of Thaivisa to whom they give the rights of using it's forums.

Reimar thats a can of worms I'm surprised the Admins are allowing you to open up.

Cheers

We will have the new version of Lo-fi for test within a few weeks. If tests are ok, we will activaye the Lo-fi option immediately. Sorry for the delay.

Reimar thats a can of worms I'm surprised the Admins are allowing you to open up.

Cheers

I find every time very interesting that those who starting to asking on way which very unfriendly, couldn't accept to get an answer on the same clear way! My answer was about the last post of gzu88bv, which wasn't nice to tell with this words.

If you take a look back in this thread, you'll find an post of george that the new LoFi version will be need some more weeks and after getting it, it will need some testing as well. Mod's and Admin's having not any access to even the future planning, scheduling pp. and that was stated several time already. Same as the "normal" member, Mod's and Admin's having to wait as well and speeches like the one in question need to get answers on the same way.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

At the risk of being a nuisance, I would like to resurrect this thread. For someone like me, living in a remote area, and with only a dial-up connection, the Lo-fi version is sorely missed. It is three months since the last posting, so I wonder if we could have an update - has the new version been received from Invision and how is the testing going?

For your information, a Google search for "invision lo-fi version 2008" produced the following URLs, all of currently active lofi versions of other fora, including one from Invision's own website. Each has "Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc." at the bottom of the page.....

http://vimas.com/ipb/lofiversion/index.php/

http://www.adsenseforums.net/lofiversion/index.php

http://forums.invisionpower.com/lofiversion/index.php/

http://www.nps.org.au/forum/lofiversion/index.php/

There are many more examples....so maybe we can have the old version back while the mobile/PDA etc version is being developed? - it's obviously taking a bit longer than planned.

Thanks