Similar Thread Process

A_Traveller

Noticed that the similar thread process can show threads which have been read by me up to date, and even closed ones as 'new', that is to say unfaded images and text.

Example was in news clippings and noted that the thread about HDD data loss was 'new' so went there and it had not updated, then from that thread it showed the Avatar one as active, when it has been closed by Buckwheat.

Regards

It seems to be working for me. For example I just read the Similar Thread topic and now that one shows up at the bottom as read in this topic (after refreshing the page). I haven't really looked at the bottom topics that much, but the few times I have it shows topics as read. Need to see if others have the same problem.

OK, don't have image software on here, so :-

presently have three tabs open.

Tab 1 Reading Internet Censorship In Similar Threads has the Percentage of Farangs... shown as new with last post from Bendix 17:51.

I have read this already and had contributed to it earlier.

Tab 2 General Topics Index shows same thread, same last post but, correctly shows it as read.

Tab 3 here

Now an experiment, refreshing tab 1 does not change the incorrect thread status

Regards

PS Just to add the obvious, I'm a contributor to both these threads

PPS Just reviewed UG's post returned to internet forum, looked OK for that session, then closed browser and came back in and sure enough the thread shows itself as unread.

/edit to add PPS //

Edited by A_Traveller

Thanks for your feedback. We are testing "tag clouds" as well (see example on bottom of forum font page).

Tags are indeed very useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud

How would you want our new tags page?

All this is possible because we have changed the URL structure of the forum to make it more friendly for user navigation and also for the search engines. My guess is that we can increase the number of organic search hits we get with over 200% within two months.