Your Best Holiday Ever

Jockstar

Ok. Many of us live in Thailand and have probably travelled to many places in this beautiful country. But just a thought. Forget about where to live for a momet and think of the best country you have visited and why. What did you do there? What made it stick in your head? Maybe for some. In Thailand its BGs. But theres more to life than that.

One thing for me was Oz. I backpacked(sorry Pat) through Oz in 98. Went to some beautiful places and did some great things. But the one thing that sticks in my mind is climbing up Ayers Rock( Ullaru) for sunrise. What an awsome experience. So beautiful. Or watching sunset near Ayers Rock while having a BBq and a nice glass of wine. Many other countries i have been and many things i have done. But this is one thing that will always be in my head till the day i die. So whats your thoughts and experiences?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. Thailand is awsome. but i have been to many countries. Many things about of each of these springs to mind. But Ayers Rock is just something that automatically springs to mind. I dont have my pics her with me in LOS. they are in Scotland but then again i didnt have my digital camera then either. But feel free to tellme about your favourite. Thailand is definately up there for me.

Thailand is most definately the best place I have been ( so far ! ) for reasons you all probably know...

.. but coming a close second is Sri Lanka for pretty much the same reasons, Smiling, happy people, breathtaking scenery in the highlands and fantastic "paradise" beaches etc..

totster :o

Thailand is most definately the best place I have been ( so far ! )  for reasons you all probably know...

.. but coming a close second is Sri Lanka for pretty much the same reasons, Smiling, happy people, breathtaking scenery in the highlands and fantastic "paradise" beaches etc..

totster  :(

:wub:

May I second that?

Ceylon…ahhh what a place in the very early 80’s, but then the Tigers came around and I landed in Thailand. :)

Beaches…. Now you are talking… -_-

(in Thailand)

large.jpg

:D

large.jpg

:o

large.jpg

:D

large.jpg

:)

Kan Win (win13) :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. All images Copyright © by win13. Please do not copy or reuse any image without the photographer's permission. Thank You :D

Portugal. Really lovely country, people not trying to rip you off each step you take, no tuk-tuk crap, good beer, EXCELLENT wine, pukka food. I and the ex spent 5 weeks travelling around the whole country and, apart from a hellhole called Serpa on the spanish border (explains a lot :o ), we couldn't fault any of it.

thailand is still my favourite place, but i have to say that british columbia on the pacific side of canada is one awesome place too...if you live around vancouver you can go skiing, lie on a beach, go salmon fishing, go whale spotting and go rock climbing all on the same day - if you were so inclined :o i was living and working there the year before i came to thailand and will never forget the stunning vistas you get there... :D

A gite in a small hamlet the Dordogne area (5 min bike ride to the plage on the river) of southern France presently for me is the most memorable and relaxing holiday ever. After that we had a shared arrangement (available every six weeks) with a delightful villa on the edge of a tea plantation in the Puncak area south of Jakarta. Nowhere that I've seen in Thailand compares....

(I know, I know...'Love it or leave it!'...'Go back to Russia!...)

Italy - Food, people, architecture, history.

Scotland - People, mountain biking, scenery.

Thailand - Food, people, scenery, beaches, home :o

Been to the US many times, but always on business so can't really comment on the lesiure side. Would like to take a few months out and go trekking across a few states.

India, without a doubt!!!

It has got everything that Thailand has, in fact Thailand took heaps from her.

Religion, language(from Sanskrit) for starters.

Actually it doesn't have the plane loads of foreign sex-tourists.

Unlike Thailand, India has high mountains, smiley people(ever been on the BTS on a Monday morning), pisses me off about Thai people thinking they are the friendliest people on Earth, they are still mostly friendly though(outside Bangkok).

Ok. Many of us live in Thailand and have probably travelled to many places in this beautiful country. But just a thought. Forget about where to live for a momet and think of the best country you have visited and why. What did you do there? What made it stick in your head? Maybe for some. In Thailand its BGs. But theres more to life than that.

One thing for me was Oz. I backpacked(sorry Pat) through Oz in 98. Went to some beautiful places and did some great things. But the one thing that sticks in my mind is climbing up Ayers Rock( Ullaru) for sunrise. What an awsome experience. So beautiful. Or watching sunset near Ayers Rock while having a BBq and a nice glass of wine. Many other countries i have been and many things i have done. But this is one thing that will always be in my head till the day i die. So whats your thoughts and experiences?

Did the backpacking thing in Oz as well jockstar in 95/96 and met some geat people. Did Ayres Rock - ran up the bugger in 20 minutes (to the can on the top). World record was 12.5 minutes so I was told. Spent three months on the west coast also. Did a three-week tour from Perth to Darwin in a big four wheel drive, sleeping in the bush etc. Ningaloo Reef was amazing. Byron Bay on the east coast was also superb. New Zealand tops the lot for me , though. I live in Thailand now (on and off for 6 years) but NZ is unreal, especially the South Island. Milford Track - excellent. Very friendly people as well, apart from a few dickheads, naturally.

Was thinking of living there permanently, but set up here now, alhtough Thailand is a cracker also. We all have problems and little niggles here and there, but you don't half miss Thailand if you go home.

As i said before i have been to quite a few countries. Oz being one.Ayers Rock for sunrise. Beautiful. But Jakr. I'm with you with NZ. Such a diverse and beautiful country. Been to Cape Reanga the most Northern point in Nz and been to Bluff in the south. The North island around Taupo and Rotorua. Luging down the mountain. Doing the Zorb down a hill. Fishing in the Bay of Islands. Parachuting over Mount Maunganui. Having a full lamb on a spit in Harmany Bayl.mmmm. Also the South Island is awsome too. Lake Tekapo(stunning). Snow boarding on Mount Dobson. Fishing at the mouth to the river from the sea in Christchurch. Jet Boating in Queenstown. So many memories of NZ. Travelled there before going to live for a year. Got many friends there and had a good time living there. Auckland is a beautiful city. But a bit boring. Also if you earn the NZpeso then its expensive to do stuff. Was thinking abot Oz again. One thing that was totally awsome for me. Was lying in my swag bag at night under the stars and watching the sky. So clear. Stars everywhere. Even shooting stars. You could also see satalites going past.

A gite in a small hamlet the Dordogne area (5 min bike ride to the plage on the river) of southern France presently for me is the most memorable and relaxing holiday ever. After that we had a shared arrangement (available every six weeks) with a delightful villa on the edge of a tea plantation in the Puncak area south of Jakarta. Nowhere that I've seen in Thailand compares....

(I know, I know...'Love it or leave it!'...'Go back to Russia!...)

Same place Timeline(the book) was set in.

Oz and Nz. Awsome. the US. do desire to go there.

Maybe Vegas . though. just to see if its as mad as it looks on TV.

Timeline's a good book! Film <deleted> though wasn't it?

US is good if you have a car, especially the western third around the Rockies. Bought a car in LA, drove around 28 states, and then sold her in Toronto (actually on the border to the yank customs guy checking it for drugs). Highlights were: driving through Yosemite NP; Death Valley NP; Vegas OK - but three nights enough, unless you've got deep pockets; Monument Valley in Utah gorgeous; South Dakota and Montana also amazing. Key West also good, but didn't think much of New York, although not a big city fan. Driving around Canada pretty amazing also and better roads.

The Luge in Rotorua is fantastic, eh? Did you do the Tongariro National Park walk, near Lake Taupo? When you went to Cape Reinga, did you go with Kiwi Experience? If so, was the Maori guy, Wally, driving? What a character! Nearly bought a place in Bluff, in the south - dirt cheap. Was going to throw it on the credit card but no estate agents open on Sundays.

Know what you mean about lying in a swag and watching the heavens - awesome. Just don't get the show of stars in Thailand unfortunately due to dust and humidity.

Oh well, great memories. May go back to Oz someday and by a big bike and rip round the country once again...

ploy.jpg

of course its gotta be thailand

Yes, he is very pretty. :D

Beat me to it Doc. Definitely a cock in a frock! although better lookin' than most of the bushpigs where I come from.

:o:D:D:D You pair of muppets, that woman is a sexy pooying from thai tv called ploy..

You guyz need to get down the opticians I think or go for lessons in taste in the opposite sex, she is stunning :wub: