Joey Barton

boiledegg

Bartons admitted his guilt for hitting Dabo and has received his sentence.

Dabo and many others are calling for him to be sacked.

If he was to get the tictac another Premier League club would come in for him tomorrow and with him being a free agent he could get an even greater paypacket as the club wouldnt have to pay a transfer fee.

Its widely accepted that people who come out of prison need a job, family and responsibilities to keep them on the straight and narrow, so if they could ban him from football forever it wouldnt achieve anything other then destroying his life.

So should Mr Barton be sacked for this offence?

IMO he has been punished by the courts that should be enough anything else is just spiteful.

PS. I was brought up in a similar area to Mr Barton and most the kids i grew up with would react if they were pushed and provoked as Barton was.

Edited by boiledegg

Its a difficult question

I do not think he should besacked by Newcastle for the recent court case involving Dabo - they took him on knowing about it.

As for the other one then its a tad more difficult - he has been absent due to his own actions - has he been paid all this time as I would have stopped his income just like any employer would.

I grew up in an area too where it was punch first and ask questions later - I also firmly believe in second chances and rehabilitation.

Joey Barton is a serial offender. How many chances should you get in life.? Dabo was fortunate not to lose an eye .If he had Barton would be serving a long sentence. Watch the CCTV footage in the street and this guy obviously can't control himself.A community service order of 1000 hours would be the very least he should serve on top of any other penalties he has accumulated.

Joey Barton is a serial offender. How many chances should you get in life.? Dabo was fortunate not to lose an eye .If he had Barton would be serving a long sentence. Watch the CCTV footage in the street and this guy obviously can't control himself.A community service order of 1000 hours would be the very least he should serve on top of any other penalties he has accumulated.

But he has had his sentences, do you believe he should be sacked or not and banned from football.

Looking at his history relating to his violent and uncontrollable demeanour, he is looking at jail big time if he doesn,t learn to control it.

Regarding his area of upbringing, it doesn,t justify either his or anyone else,s violent reactions.

As someone has mentioned, many of us have lived through violent times during our adolescence and what is a more apt description of the violent bahaviour " Bullying " and " Thuggery "

Let us put this in terms of what this translates into, it = a means of getting what you want at the expense of the so called weaker section of your neighbourhood and schools ect. ect.

You are supposed to grow out of this when you mature into adulthood.

Barton obviously has not and unless he starts showing maturity and control, he,s a tragedy in the making as for as his footballing talent is concerned.

You can forget about other professional clubs taking a chance on his past.....future actions

The only teams he will be able to play for are those within the confined premises his actions will eventually lead him to, next time, many years behind bars.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

The scumbag is a thug and has a history of thuggery. As a proffesional footballer he should be banned from the game for life to make an example to the young kids who look t him and see that if he can get away with it they will. There is some payback that comes with being paid an obscene amount of money to kick a ball about. You only have to look at the state of things in the UK at the moment where young kids have no respect and no proper deterant. I for one was very happy to hear the magpies had finally got rid of him. Lets see who will give the scumbag a job now !! :o

But he has had his sentences, do you believe he should be sacked or not and banned from football.

Sorry I had to leave the room. Yes I believe he should be banned from football for a period of min 3 years.

When the dough stops coming in it might finally sink in.

If he doesn't serve the six months he was sentenced, why not? I can't equate him with the poor working man who went to jail needing a job. He works in a field where he can make much, much better than the average man. Even the average working man who attacked someone at his workplace and went to jail would probably not be accepted back to that workplace, and possibly not in that field or at least suspended. Imagine needing a license for your line of work. If you attacked another in the same line of work you could very well have your license revoked or suspended. The Premier League needs to grow some balls and take a page out of the book of the NFL (It's to America what the Premiership is to England) and suspend him for one year. Say he can't play on any team in the Premier league. They probably couldn't control if he was loaned to another country or a lower league, but then it'd be up to the FA on anything in England. I think he should banned from playing anywhere in the UK for at least as long as he was sentenced since it looks like he's getting out early or already out? It's a disgrace if he plays anywhere in this calendar year. I'm sure he has plenty of money so an argument about livelihood doesn't work. His violence is just too extreme for him not to be suspended.

I believe he shouldn't be banned for life, he should be allowed to play again. But only after enduring punishment that the league gives out. Boiledegg, if he gets out early, then he he won't have served his time, will he have? Background is not an excuse for actions. I'm sure you and a lot of people where you come from would have more restraint than him as it's clear he has very little and has no self-discipline. Considering how lucky he's been to be a well paid footballer he should be smarter to jeopardize his income. A suspension would be good for him, not bad. It'll give him time to realize unfettered violence has consequences in the professional world as well as with the law.

Edited by Jimjim

Just recently Adrian Mutu was made to pay Chelsea 13m or something like that becuase they sacked him for testing positive to coke, and thereby lost their investment in him

I think that Newcastle could do something similar but obviously for not such a large amount. It's a difficult one really. How many 'Last Chances' can he be given?

Just recently Adrian Mutu was made to pay Chelsea 13m or something like that becuase they sacked him for testing positive to coke, and thereby lost their investment in him

I think that Newcastle could do something similar but obviously for not such a large amount. It's a difficult one really. How many 'Last Chances' can he be given?

I don't think Newcastle have any grounds for compensation, in fact they probably only got him in the first place because Man City were willing to get rid of him after that training ground GBH incident.and you could say they even paid a reduced fee because of this. West Ham bought damaged goods with Paulo Di Canio which worked out and Lee Bowyer which hasn't quite. So some you win and some you lose. :o

PS. I was brought up in a similar area to Mr Barton and most the kids i grew up with would react if they were pushed and provoked as Barton was.

What actually happened to him to provoke the attack/retaliation?

Moss