Upgrading Tourist Visa

My Thai fiance is currently in the UK on a tourist visa. She is returning to LOS on 12th December and I go out for Christmas a week later. She has a multiple entry tourist visa, valid until 17th February. The problem is, we want her next entry to UK to be in January on a fiance visa.

Does anyone know if the fact that her tourist visa will not have expired, will affect our application for a fiance visa. We dont want to wait until mid February before she can return on a fiance visa as we want to get married in June.

We would appreciate any help or advice.

thanks. GARY and BEER

There is no reason why your fiancée should not apply for a settlement visa even when she still has a valid visit visa. However, as all settlement applicants are interviewed and there a wait of up to 12 weeks, you may wish to consider submitting the application now by post.

Come on you Reds!

Scouse.

thanks a lot Scouser. that takes us a long leap forward.

At the moment Beer is getting used to this quaint little country of ours where there are cows coloured black and white, strange creatures with wool to keep them warm roam the hills ( not in south East London i hasten to add!!). Where the cold damp evenings are now darker because we changed the time on our clocks and where the news bulletins are covering a presidential election in America and paying little attention to our own country!! Come to think of it we are odd.

We are looking to get married in june (well thats when my mother says we should get married!!) so the timescale fits even with the delay. thanks again

GARY