New And Situation Explained.....

i'll endeavor to be brief....

my fiance is canadian but is attending school in chiang mai. she is on a student visa.

I'm an american.

We both would like to get married and live in chiang mai. she said i could come on her student visa as a dependant, but once this is up after 1.5 years from sep. 2009, what then ?

i won't have a job while there, but I trade on the forex market and that would be my income. is this an accepted method of proof of income ? what would I need to show ?

any other insights on the type of visas to get and such would be helpful. we are both under 50 years of age...

thank you for helping.

Edited by realc4ever

If you are married and she is on a one year extension of stay for study you could obtain a matching extension of stay. There is no income requirement for that. That would be section 7.10 of Police Order 606/2006

(1) The foreigner must obtain permit

stamp for the temporary entry

and

(2) Must demonstrate proof of

relationship

(3) In the case spouse, must have a

legal and de facto relationship

i'll endeavor to be brief....

my fiance is canadian but is attending school in chiang mai. she is on a student visa.

I'm an american.

We both would like to get married and live in chiang mai. she said i could come on her student visa as a dependant, but once this is up after 1.5 years from sep. 2009, what then ?

i won't have a job while there, but I trade on the forex market and that would be my income. is this an accepted method of proof of income ? what would I need to show ?

any other insights on the type of visas to get and such would be helpful. we are both under 50 years of age...

thank you for helping.

if you buld your own thai company and get a work permit you can trade on the forex otherwise it's illegal.