Search Parameters

lannarebirth

I've just discovered that words of less than 5 characters are not allowed for parameters. It was bad enough when it was 3 or less, n ow it's practically useless. Next retuning of the website, maybe take a look at expanding search capability rather than restricting it? Just a suggestion.

Please try the Google Custom Search Box on all forum pages (under the thaivisa Logo). It's much better than the search provided by the forum software.

We will soon release a new search experience, I'll keep you posted.

Please try the Google Custom Search Box on all forum pages (under the thaivisa Logo). It's much better than the search provided by the forum software.

We will soon release a new search experience, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks George, will do.

i really miss having that search function at 3 letters. Having it set at 5 letters makes it somewhat a redundant function for keywords. I used it a LOT... :o

Can you please reconsider resetting it back to 3.

p.s: The google custom search doesnt allow for searching only within a specific forum, making it a bit of a nightmare if you dont enjoy trawling through tons of threads.

If there is a way to make it forum specific that i dont know of, please can you inform me how to do that. Otherwise, again, pleaaaaaaase bring back the 3 word search function.

p.s: The google custom search doesnt allow for searching only within a specific forum, making it a bit of a nightmare if you dont enjoy trawling through tons of threads.

If there is a way to make it forum specific that i dont know of, please can you inform me how to do that. Otherwise, again, pleaaaaaaase bring back the 3 word search function.

Or even better an unrestricted search.

I too do not like the google search.

Cheers

allow for searching only within a specific forum, making it a bit of a nightmare if you dont enjoy trawling through tons of threads.

If you use the Search function top right between members and help it is better.

Click on more search options.

Key in your search criteria.

Then click in which forum you wish to search,

If you hold 'ctrl' down you can search more than one forum.

You can then refine it to single out a particular poster.

Doesn't help the limited letters but is overall a better search option in my opinion.

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

I agree that it is a good search option mossfinn and have used it from time to time, but as you say, the new restrictive 5 character minimum stiII stands. :o

I agree that it is a good search option mossfinn and have used it from time to time, but as you say, the new restrictive 5 character minimum stiII stands. :o

I'll put my vote in for reducing the character limit also for all the reasons eek has stated. I also use the internal search engine exclusively due to forum specific and member specific search abilities. Plus the keyword flexibility when using the advanced features. Sorry, but the localized Google search results are just too busy.

Please try the Google Custom Search Box on all forum pages (under the thaivisa Logo). It's much better than the search provided by the forum software...

Just used it - it's brilliant! Never noticed it before... :o