How Long Before An Ems Is Returned To Sender?

Have already searched the website for Thailand post and tried to Google for the answer with Thai keywords but came up blank.

What I want to know is if I send an EMS to somebody (within the country), and they are not there to sign for it, how long will they keep it at the post office before it is returned to the sender as undeliverable?

A week? Longer?

Thanks in advance. :o

Have already searched the website for Thailand post and tried to Google for the answer with Thai keywords but came up blank.

What I want to know is if I send an EMS to somebody (within the country), and they are not there to sign for it, how long will they keep it at the post office before it is returned to the sender as undeliverable?

A week? Longer?

Thanks in advance. :o

Hi Meadish,

If it's any help it's a week. One has to beware upcountry though as the postman is just as likely to give it to a neighbour who may or may not sign for it and it then gets lost completely. Happened to me far too often!!!

Same experience as AjarnP. One EMS parcel kept at the post office for a week after one delivery attempt, then returned to sender. Another EMS stayed with the neighbor for 2 weeks until I had the idea of asking him about it.