How To Apply For A New Non Immigrant B Visa

Hi I own a Thai company and have been here on a non Immigrant B visa which was extended last year for a year but this year the immigration will not extend it more and have told me to leave and get a new visa at the embassy in another country. I have a work permit my lawyer has told me I can just go to an embassy and get a new non Immigrant B visa by just giving the embassy my work permit is this really possible seems to easy???

Edited by shadiadi

Should not be a problem, if your paperwork is ok

Hi I own a Thai company and have been here on a non Immigrant B visa which was extended last year for a year but this year the immigration will not extend it more and have told me to leave and get a new visa at the embassy in another country. I have a work permit my lawyer has told me I can just go to an embassy and get a new non Immigrant B visa by just giving the embassy my work permit is this really possible seems to easy???

If you travel to KL with the paper work listed below you should be able to get a one year multiple entry non immigrant B. This list of requirements is pasted from the Thai MFA website http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492 The 'letter of approval' is the receipt you get when you first apply for a WP and is not relevant in your case.

Recent posts on this forum are suggesting that KL are looking for some mark in your WP that confirms the one year validity for an additional 12 month period. To be safe you could apply to extend your WP at labour using form WP5 and also ask for the 1 year validity to be extended in your WP. You must provide copies of your new visa and WP, within seven calender days, on your return from your visa run.

Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant's prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence