Orange Vs 1-2 Call ?

BKKdreaming

Does anyone use Orange for their mobile phone ?

Someone said that orange was much cheaper ,

maybe its time to change if there is a big difference

thanks for your thoughts

yes, indeed, Orange is much cheaper. You can often call for 2 baht/minute only. Or you get a bonus, almost every time you recharge.

And better service. SMS works better too.

I have found AIS sometimes to show a strong signal, but nevertheless making a call was not possible. Either no connection or a connection with very very bad voice quality, impossible to talk. This happened even in center Bangkok, and forced me to change to DTAC and Orange. No problems with both of them qualitywise.

Also, Thaksin is rich enough (AIS) :o

I used to use 1-2-call but I got fed up with their high charges and switched to Orange. Orange was 2 baht a minute during daytime while with 1-2-call I had to pay 5 baht.

For a while, there was a problem with SMS spamming by Orange. I'd get spammed regularly and some other people on the board had the same problem. It seems to have stopped although Orange at that time claimed they could do nothing about it. Seems they really could do something about it, after all :D

And yes, Thaksin is already rich enough :o

I used to use 1-2-call but I got fed up with their high charges and switched to Orange. Orange was 2 baht a minute during daytime while with 1-2-call I had to pay 5 baht.

For a while, there was a problem with SMS spamming by Orange. I'd get spammed regularly and some other people on the board had the same problem. It seems to have stopped although Orange at that time claimed they could do nothing about it. Seems they really could do something about it, after all :D

And yes, Thaksin is already rich enough  :D

Never had a problem with Orange and SMS spamming :o and that with 2 orange numbers.

Some SMS spamming with DTAC numbers though, but also that got less recently.

I don't think that there is any problem in Bangkok or the cities and main routes of Thailand but if you live out in the country you may find that the coverage is limited and that your mobile will be roaming to DTAC or AIS.

You may pay extra for this.

I use AIS prepaid and I live a long way out in the countryside. My nearesy cell site is about 6 km away and the nearest Orange site is about 50 km away.

Your dealer or Orange should be able to tell you about the coverage where you live.

I also use AIS GPRS and I am very happy with their service.

I started in 2001 with a plan and it has just been extended until 2007.

I got my bill today and the full charge including GPRS is 4,202 baht and after discount my bill is 1,712 baht.

I am happy with that.

:o:D:D

Comparing One-2-Call and Just Talk prepay.

Both work fine with normal call's, Orange Just Talk seems to be better with (international) SMS.

AIS One-2-Call supports GPRS data connection with there prepay, Orange Just Talk doesn't support GPRS (or I never got it working).

If somebody knows how to get GPRS working with Orange Just Talk prepay please post it.

With kind regards,

Richard