Electricity Supply Plai Lam/big Buddah Area

The electricity supply has been really erratic here in Plai Lam for the last few weeks. Outages of 2-5 hours are not uncommon and even when working we are often reduced to quarter/half power for a lot of the time. Not enough to drive water pumps etc.

I do not ever remember it being this bad, even 20 years ago.

Apart from T.I.T. anyone know what the problem might be? Any other areas suffering? :o

The electricity supply has been really erratic here in Plai Lam for the last few weeks. Outages of 2-5 hours are not uncommon and even when working we are often reduced to quarter/half power for a lot of the time. Not enough to drive water pumps etc.

I do not ever remember it being this bad, even 20 years ago.

Apart from T.I.T. anyone know what the problem might be? Any other areas suffering? :o

Probably increased demand between 6 and 8 pm and additional x-mas lighting throughout the year along the main road......

xmas???

but I agree gatorade happens all times of the day, not just at night.

Sometimes they give us a warning by switching off, then on for30 secs, then off for 1, 2 or more hours.

Frustrating, but then again TIT.

By the way, new drainage and new street lights in Bangrak are a major step forward, Samui getting somewhere at last.

I'm in Plai Laem, just east of Big Buddha and haven't noticed anything overly amiss - over the last two months maybe 2x 3hr power cuts usually coinciding with thunderstorms, and maybe a 10 second on/offcut every other day (i have a UPS for my computer so don't notice it really). Maybe there's a dodgy connection thats hitting those of you up in the far north of Plai Laem?

Roads in Bangrak = much better! can see they are doing Choeng Mon now, will be interesting to see the effect in Nov.

I'm in Plai Laem, just east of Big Buddha and haven't noticed anything overly amiss - over the last two months maybe 2x 3hr power cuts usually coinciding with thunderstorms, and maybe a 10 second on/offcut every other day (i have a UPS for my computer so don't notice it really). Maybe there's a dodgy connection thats hitting those of you up in the far north of Plai Laem?

Roads in Bangrak = much better! can see they are doing Choeng Mon now, will be interesting to see the effect in Nov.

November is what is worrying me. If it is like this now I had better start saving for a large generator.

I hope that it is a combination of roadworks and Samui Coconuts' view that it might be the new lighting at B. Rak.

For SBK I also heard that there was supposed to be some additional wiring to the mainland but have heard nothing lately.

It's bad in Plai Laem indeed, can't comment on the last 20 years, only about half of them, but it hasn indeed never been this bad in all the time that I spend on Samui.

November is nothing to look forward to!