Shop Girls In Samui

, thailand has enough girls well paid, well educated, speaking english very well to fall into the trap of greedy girls.

i must admit finding such girls in samui is pretty hard , but in bangkok it's very easy,

As I have read on this forum and been told by a Thai, educated Thai girls with good jobs aren't interested in farang men. The exception is if you get them over 30 and still single. At that point a farang is better than being an old maid.

That's just not true - sorry! The fact is many educated Thai girls are interested in farangs. If you are in a relationship and the other half starts asking for money very early on...how are you ever going to know that she/he is genuinely interested in you? Why just because you spend time with someone should you be expected to bump up their salary - they have survived fine of this previously haven't they? My boyfriend earns nothing yet never asks me for money - why is it OK for shop girls? It's glorified prostitution and there is no defence. For most girls the initial first few dates are exciting times and to expect payment if you are genuinely interested in somebody is ludicrous! Further down the line in a secure and happy relationship, there is more expectation within Thai society to help a partner or their family out financially if it is possible, but to have to do this right from the beginning rings very large alarm bells.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say it with flowers :D ....that will sort the bad from the good.......flowers would be dead befor they made it back to Issan......unlike the quick ATM transfers :o

TommyJ4 I thank you for your keen insights as well as britmaveric for giving me the macro point of few for which to make a decision on this girl. Ultimately, one can only go with their gut. But I've turned to this forum because I'm deep in the grey zone with this woman. The signals are so mixed.....etc...etc

There are some classic signals out of this book of a post, and Luxecat, don't fret, there are many more fish in the sea.

"We hooked up again the second night, and my girl slept with me" Not in the game at all? C'mon !!

"Anyway, the call came that she lost her job" = 5,000thb

"Then three weeks later still out of a job, she sms's me that her grandfather died" =5,000thb (next call will be the buffalo died)

"All in all I'd say I gave her about 20 thousand baht to send home and other things" + the above 10, you are in 30,000 which is about five months of wages !

"Told me that I should stay maybe another two days then go home"= have another customer/sponsor showing up, or Thai boyfriend is tired of you sleeping with his girl.

"The first thing i noticed was the new big tattoo on her back"- and you consider her a "good" Thai girl? I work with seven "good" Thai girls in my office and the amount of tattoos=0

"last week I sent her 5000 baht to go home to issan. Whether she did or didn't I don't know"-she didn't and as far as my count goes you've plugged in 35,000, enough is enough my friend.

I once met two girls in Nana Disco (notorious working girl place if you didn't know already) that were cosmetic salesgirls at Robinsons. Hot! I tell you these girls were smokin. I took one, my friend the other, ends up the girl tells me if she does 3 nights with a farang out of the month, she just about doubles her wages.

You began the relationship by giving her money (1500), continued to give her money (35,000), I'm going to say if you stop giving her money, the relationship will be over. But that's o.k., lessons learned in LOS.

Say it with flowers :D ....that will sort the bad from the good.......flowers would be dead befor they made it back to Issan......unlike the quick ATM transfers :o

TommyJ4 I thank you for your keen insights as well as britmaveric for giving me the macro point of few for which to make a decision on this girl. Ultimately, one can only go with their gut. But I've turned to this forum because I'm deep in the grey zone with this woman. The signals are so mixed.....etc...etc

There are some classic signals out of this book of a post, and Luxecat, don't fret, there are many more fish in the sea.

"We hooked up again the second night, and my girl slept with me" Not in the game at all? C'mon !!

"Anyway, the call came that she lost her job" = 5,000thb

"Then three weeks later still out of a job, she sms's me that her grandfather died" =5,000thb (next call will be the buffalo died)

"All in all I'd say I gave her about 20 thousand baht to send home and other things" + the above 10, you are in 30,000 which is about five months of wages !

"Told me that I should stay maybe another two days then go home"= have another customer/sponsor showing up, or Thai boyfriend is tired of you sleeping with his girl.

"The first thing i noticed was the new big tattoo on her back"- and you consider her a "good" Thai girl? I work with seven "good" Thai girls in my office and the amount of tattoos=0

"last week I sent her 5000 baht to go home to issan. Whether she did or didn't I don't know"-she didn't and as far as my count goes you've plugged in 35,000, enough is enough my friend.

I once met two girls in Nana Disco (notorious working girl place if you didn't know already) that were cosmetic salesgirls at Robinsons. Hot! I tell you these girls were smokin. I took one, my friend the other, ends up the girl tells me if she does 3 nights with a farang out of the month, she just about doubles her wages.

You began the relationship by giving her money (1500), continued to give her money (35,000), I'm going to say if you stop giving her money, the relationship will be over. But that's o.k., lessons learned in LOS.

you sum it up right. I never understood the compulsion of some people to send money to someone other than his wife. I can understand some people engaging in commercial sex for the night but why oh why send a money from abroad to someone who you had a leg over, a brief holiday fling. Would you do that if you have bonked a local girl, say in Spain or France?

Expanding on the freelance issue, I have come across lots of department store girls who were amenable to dates and willingly giving away their mobile number after 5 minutes of shopping. The problem is when they see this kind of money come in (they can make a monthly salary with a few "dates") and how is easy it is, the temptation is irresistible to give up their day job and concentrate on freelancing to finance their newly found high life style.

My advice to every man who come to Thailand and fall in love with a girl.

Read " PRIVAT DANCER" I think this book tells the most

"Women of Bangkok" tells it brilliantly.

Edited by Briggsy

my friend mel met one in a hairdressers, he was jumping up and down and so proud he didnt have a bar girl for a girlfriend,and walking about with her on the arm like a peacock, 2 months later she asked hin for 300000 for her shop lease money,.he was suspicious ( better late than never ) and came back early to see her walking with another farang, he followed them and they parted, he approached the guy and politely asked about the girl, seems this american took her out of the bar bought the shop and had her run it..to keep her straight !,..i call them cid,.you can work out what it means ! :D

Callgirl in disguise.

Am I right? Do I win a prize? :o:D:D

.....I know for a fact she hangs out at the mango. ....

Freelancer... hooker...name it... they are out there everywhere, for some the employment, job, "help a friend" is a mere cover up, or a must, as the value of the desired goods rise, the income doesn't rise, there has be something done about it - guess what? :o

In Bangkok, out of the office, home, shower feed the infant, look after some family members, children, maybe husband and off we go... Nana, Patpong, Soi Cowboy, RAC... name it, even on the BTS!

..but then, "there is not such a thing like a free lunch, in the entire world"...! Keep this in mind and the world looks different!

Edited by Samuian

NhJ, you are right on with the money. I spent a little to get my answer. But no more. Just come for fun now. But if I do decide to settle down I'll do my hunting in bangkok. Or maybe Chang Mai.

Congratulations on solving the puzzle.

Friends - no sponsorship - she is free to see others - as are you - & let fate take its course. Either way she is not your average gold digger. Same mobile for 2 years proves that. The tattoo on the other hand sets alarm bells ringing.

If she doesn't drink & smoke that's a real plus.

Hey Koheesti...my wife was a nurse in a big international hospital when I first met her, and was 22 years old and a cracker to look at too. Also some of the female doctors at the same hospital had ferang husbands.

So I dont think it follows that only uneducated Thai girls go for ferang.

Now that you mention it, a friend of mine with a wife in the medical field once suggested I check out the hosptial because of all the available nurses. Hmmm...cough, cough. I may need to go in for a check-up.

Hey Koheesti...my wife was a nurse in a big international hospital when I first met her, and was 22 years old and a cracker to look at too. Also some of the female doctors at the same hospital had ferang husbands.

Now that you mention it, a friend of mine with a wife in the medical field once suggested I check out the hosptial because of all the available nurses. Hmmm...cough, cough. I may need to go in for a check-up.

Or you can buy a nurse outfit for your date. :o

actually you quite right there; hospitals & private clinics are yet another hunting ground. I wish I had a £ for every time a nurse brazenly asked me to introduce her a farang man (same same me), when I took my young daughter for a check up. Apparently having a luk-krueng baby is a huge draw with Thai women, and I mean huge.

Well Koheesti you may be having fun trying to bait me into a slanging match, lol, but I am glad that you accepted my point about your earlier post, where you said educated thai girls do not like ferangs. All races like and dislike certain things, have good and bad people etc etc.etc.

I guess in Thailand where ferangs choose to live in numbers then that is where the gold diggers also choose to work and they come from far and wide to find their gold, so although we are left under the impression that most girls are the same, it is really a small percentage of the total population of Thailand and most ferang never meet a truly nice and trustworthy person.

HL :o

Well Koheesti you may be having fun trying to bait me into a slanging match, lol, but I am glad that you accepted my point about your earlier post, where you said educated thai girls do not like ferangs. All races like and dislike certain things, have good and bad people etc etc.etc.

I guess in Thailand where ferangs choose to live in numbers then that is where the gold diggers also choose to work and they come from far and wide to find their gold, so although we are left under the impression that most girls are the same, it is really a small percentage of the total population of Thailand and most ferang never meet a truly nice and trustworthy person.

HL :o

But all-in-all a good thread by the OP.

Before the topic totally changes to all of our opinions about Thai ladies and their thoughts on farang (done ad nauseum in General Topic) lets all wish luxcat the best of luck on his fishing expedition. If she spits out the hook my friend, cast another line.

Cheers,

HB

Edited by huggybear

<br />
, thailand has enough girls well paid, well educated, speaking english very well to fall into the trap of greedy girls.<br /><br />i must admit finding such girls in samui is pretty hard , but in bangkok it's very easy,
<br /><br />As I have read on this forum and been told by a Thai, educated Thai girls with good jobs aren't interested in farang men. The exception is if you get them over 30 and still single. At that point a farang is better than being an old maid.<br />
<br /><br />That's just not true - sorry! The fact is many educated Thai girls are interested in farangs. If you are in a relationship and the other half starts asking for money very early on...how are you ever going to know that she/he is genuinely interested in you? Why just because you spend time with someone should you be expected to bump up their salary - they have survived fine of this previously haven't they? My boyfriend earns nothing yet never asks me for money - why is it OK for shop girls? It's glorified prostitution and there is no defence. For most girls the initial first few dates are exciting times and to expect payment if you are genuinely interested in somebody is ludicrous! Further down the line in a secure and happy relationship, there is more expectation within Thai society to help a partner or their family out financially if it is possible, but to have to do this right from the beginning rings very large alarm bells. <br /><br /><br />

you're right, every tastes are in nature, some girls don't like foreigners while others are fascinated by foreigners.

we have physical differences, face, eyes and hair for some of them we're the man they dreamed off for some we look simply ugly :o

just have a look at tv, how many actors/actresses are half thai half foreigners, in some way thailand is fascinated by foreigners.

Thanks to everyone for all the great posts. Your insights have been invaluable. After all, when I stepped into that t-shirt shop on that day, I was looking for a t-shirt, not love. The truth of the matter is, she falls somewhere in between the good, the bad, and the ugly. Only time will tell. I do know she is definitely not a total golddigger though. Never pushed me to fancy restaurants, or gold shops, or shopping trips. Bought a lot of her own stuff, albeit with some of my money, but never greedy. Prefers to cook at home and with the right amount of nudging on my part, an hour or two at the Mango. She normally has one Heinekin to my five. Having said that, she probably sealed her fate with the second request for money, and her actions regarding my stay on my last visit. While she most likely never will be Mrs. luxecat, she certainly can be a part-time lover. To which I will treat her royally. I did tell her two days ago there would be no more money, because times are tough, and business is slow. She said she understood, and thanked me for the money I had already given her. She Sms'd me this morning and wished me a happy day. Regardless of who she is, I do know she is under a tremendous amount of pressure from the family. She has two older sisters and one younger brother. The oldest sister, bless her heart, got beat with an ugly stick, and lives with the family in Issan. The middle sister is married to an unemployed Thai man in Bangkok with a newborn, and her younger brother is in school. Guess who the lottery ticket is for the family? My girl's cousin confirmed this, saying that she is under constant pressure from all of them for money. And frankly, I'm just not ready to step in front of that freight train just yet, no matter who she is. I'm a long way from going native. She also knows that after three visits, I'm not that two-week holiday clown, who chucks it all in for marriage at the drop of the hat. I may shell out a few hundred bucks for my hard luck friends if I have it, and I often do for my artists buddies here in L.A., ie paint supplies etc. Most of the time I get it back, but if I don't, I always receive much more in return than just money. That was the way it was with her. All I ask is the truth. And no woman will ever touch the core of the nest egg, not until she has been proven worthy. Which hasn't happened yet, and may never happen, in which case I will be happy with taking a lover. I may appear soft, but one can be sure, their is an iron fist inside the velvet glove. She knows this by now. And while most of her friends have married off, I know she is now thinking of that too. She doesn't have kids but wants them. And although she works hard in the shop, I can see the life beating her down. Maybe she's looking for a savior. Who knows. Her best friend is a 42 year old shop lady with three kids. Had dinner with her a few times. Nice lady. My plans are to maybe go to Bangkok in September for the Gem and Jewelry show. I'm thinking of starting a line and selling it here in L.A. I was originally going to bring her with me, and then take her up to Chang Mai. I might contact a few members on the forum here about this. Unfortuanely, my girl will not me making that trip with me now. I plan to enjoy other parts of Thailand on my own, while doing a bit of work. Then, if we have been talking as friends this summer, then I will probably do what britmaveric suggested. Do the old surprise visit. That will pretty much answer all questions. Good or bad, I will have no expectations. If it works out with her then fine, if not, then I can look forward to having a nice holiday, and buying some members of thai visa a beer. Somebody's got to take my money, right? So for the next couple of months I am going to just enjoy the sun and surf here in Venice Beach, and do as the Thais say, and don't think to mutt. Again, thanks for all the help, and I look forward to contributing to the forums. By the way, you're looking quite fly huggybear. So with that, I'll leave you all with one last thought on that thais liking farang topic. Earl Woods, Tiger Woods father, was an African American, American Indian man, who married Kutilda, a chinese-thai woman from a good educated family, back when such a union was shocking, even in the west. Food for thought. Cheers.

The shopgirl took care of you while you have stayed in Samui - why you should not pay her for this job?

I would assume the guy took her out to dinner, etc and probably even bought her gifts while here. Even if he didn't, I wouldn't think cash payments are required unless it's been pre-arranged - no matter how poor her salary might be.

i reckon he had his way with her too.

, thailand has enough girls well paid, well educated, speaking english very well to fall into the trap of greedy girls.

i must admit finding such girls in samui is pretty hard , but in bangkok it's very easy,

As I have read on this forum and been told by a Thai, educated Thai girls with good jobs aren't interested in farang men. The exception is if you get them over 30 and still single. At that point a farang is better than being an old maid.

Well, the "money-factor" gets a bit smaller with education offcourse, even though you would need a hel_l of an education in Thailand to become rich. And the girls with previous experience in being beaten up by their thai men also go for the farangs. Education has little to do with the choise of partner as i see it. I always liked asian girls more than european girls, am i low on education then? Or how do we qualify a western man in this "love proves my status" - game?

interesting thing, i know a lot of people around samui and i like to speak to people (in thai language) when i'm going out(no matter what gender or sexual orientation) and i never met a girl that is working honestly during the day.

i don't say this doesn't exist as i know it does, you have exeptions like everywhere and for every purposes.

the "respectable" girls that i know mainly working in bkk airways, hospital or pharmacy do sometime go to the greenmango but to enjoy, their salary covering very well their expenses(around 30k/month for the two last professions)

And to the post nrj did i can surprisingly tell you that i have met a girl in reggae pub that was working for bkk airways and she was more than willing and infact puching to go with me. Also when i was a month in Bangkok hospital in Bkk i got several suggestions. Most of them are probably not aloud to mention here so i won´t.

And as a matter of fact, come to think of it i wonder if not even the pharmasy girls are a bit over the top flirty to me sometimes.... :o

All kidding aside, i admit that there off course is a money factor in the farang-thai couple, but still we have to keep the eyes open for other "normal" reasons. Some people are just more interessted in people from other places, i myself was never particulary interrested in Swedich girls, forigners had a lot bigger mystery around them. They are different. And also the fact that the average westerner, at least in the age 30-50, is brought up with treating women with respect, dont beat your wife, et. Something that the "average" thai man (at least according to alot of thai women i know) is not brought up with. Or even the least bit familiar with from what i hear.

And the topic itself is as usual the "i met this girl, what do you guys think, is she a prostitute?". Imo all the op:s in these topics answer their own questions already by opening the threads.....

just because she says so doesn't mean she's really working for bkk airways, this is a part of the old story :

i don't work i'm poor, i want money for my family or i'm working for an employer but the salary is too low/any other reason or i'm here since two weeks on holiday ...

it's always funny to hear and see their faces changing when you tell them it's lie :o

I am so happy that one is getting more information from this wonderful site.We have a duty to protect the innocent from all the hungry bg/freelanceers/tourist guide/uni student etc etc.Some say that educated thai ladies are not interested in farang.This cannot be true as money number 1,2,3,4 and 5 for this type of girl.Thais also except open corruption so what does that tell you.

Well done posters,you all have got what it takes not to get stitched up in this wonderful but greedy country.

OK, my two-cents worth...

First:

about freelancers....no security with them either...can rob you & be off.....pay a bar fine, at least you get a bit of security.

Security how? If someone wants to rob you, they will, regardless of where they come from or what their occupation is.

To the original poster: At least you have the presence of mind to ask about these things here instead of jumping headlong into something that you don't fully comprehend.

A few home truths: The Thai ladies, be they in whatever work here on Samui, tend to be a bit loose with the truth on various matters. Not that they all lie all the time, but you ought to maintain a healthy skepticism. Women don't come to Samui for the nice beaches or the sun; they come to make money and one easy way is to, if the opportunity presents itself, find a foreigner to take care of them. Granted, some do not wish to work bar -- believe it or not, some don't savor the idea of shagging a different man every other night -- but are looking to land that "big fish."

Personally, I think that the only way that a relationship with a Thai woman can have a reasonable chance of succeeding is if either the man is wealthy enough to fund a woman who would not otherwise be in the relationship were it not for the financial support (meaning she may like you and so on, but if you were to fall on hard times, there would be no way she would stand by your side -- unless she thought the prospect of you making a financial recovery was good) or find a girl who is educated and skilled enough to make her own life/living (meaning someone who has NEVER taken money for sex or companionship or accepted "help for the family" and so on. If the woman has her own means of financial support, then the playing field is somewhat leveled.).

Bottom line: There are various shades of grey and whether a bar girl is "worse" than a shop girl is debatable. In the end it comes down to money.

And before so-and-so posts something like, "My Thai wife worked in a (insert place of employment not being a bar) and she loves me and married me/lives with me because we love each other, blah, blah, blah...let me just say that exceptions do exist, but they are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

(As an aside, and on a tangent, I know of a girl who has been propped up with financial aid for some time by a Westerner - he bought a shop for her - and they now have a baby together. He is proud that she has never worked in a bar or done any "favors for money," but the fact is, through a sheer coincidence, I discovered that this is completely false and virtually no one in Samui is the wiser. So remember, nothing is ever quite what it seems here. Act accordingly.)

Oh, and a final thought for the original poster: This girl might be fine, but there are literally THOUSANDS more in the sea.

OK, my two-cents worth...

First:

about freelancers....no security with them either...can rob you & be off.....pay a bar fine, at least you get a bit of security.

Security how? If someone wants to rob you, they will, regardless of where they come from or what their occupation is.

To the original poster: At least you have the presence of mind to ask about these things here instead of jumping headlong into something that you don't fully comprehend.

A few home truths: The Thai ladies, be they in whatever work here on Samui, tend to be a bit loose with the truth on various matters. Not that they all lie all the time, but you ought to maintain a healthy skepticism. Women don't come to Samui for the nice beaches or the sun; they come to make money and one easy way is to, if the opportunity presents itself, find a foreigner to take care of them. Granted, some do not wish to work bar -- believe it or not, some don't savor the idea of shagging a different man every other night -- but are looking to land that "big fish."

Personally, I think that the only way that a relationship with a Thai woman can have a reasonable chance of succeeding is if either the man is wealthy enough to fund a woman who would not otherwise be in the relationship were it not for the financial support (meaning she may like you and so on, but if you were to fall on hard times, there would be no way she would stand by your side -- unless she thought the prospect of you making a financial recovery was good) or find a girl who is educated and skilled enough to make her own life/living (meaning someone who has NEVER taken money for sex or companionship or accepted "help for the family" and so on. If the woman has her own means of financial support, then the playing field is somewhat leveled.).

Bottom line: There are various shades of grey and whether a bar girl is "worse" than a shop girl is debatable. In the end it comes down to money.

And before so-and-so posts something like, "My Thai wife worked in a (insert place of employment not being a bar) and she loves me and married me/lives with me because we love each other, blah, blah, blah...let me just say that exceptions do exist, but they are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

(As an aside, and on a tangent, I know of a girl who has been propped up with financial aid for some time by a Westerner - he bought a shop for her - and they now have a baby together. He is proud that she has never worked in a bar or done any "favors for money," but the fact is, through a sheer coincidence, I discovered that this is completely false and virtually no one in Samui is the wiser. So remember, nothing is ever quite what it seems here. Act accordingly.)

Oh, and a final thought for the original poster: This girl might be fine, but there are literally THOUSANDS more in the sea.

Guess I aien't going fishing in the near future then!! :o

Excellent post mark.You certainly are a man of hindsight.The only problem i can see with a lady getting the big fish as you say,is that it might take a year to get the big fish and might have slept with hundreds of guys to catch the fish.That would be no problem for many but that is no different than a bar girl surely.Also there are many english ladies who have slept with hundredsof guys too,but some would say well they didnt get paid.So are many farangs worried the lady gets paid or has sex with many many farangs.

that must be why my woman is with me. she has asked me for money yet and it has been 6 months. sh=t must mean the big one is round the corner. shall i run to mexico. i caught a big fish the other day do u reckon that that might keep her happy for a while

Mark,

we all know the horror stories about bar girl relationsship.

But statements like

"A few home truths: The Thai ladies, be they in whatever work here on Samui, tend to be a bit loose with the truth on various matters. Not that they all lie all the time, but you ought to maintain a healthy skepticism."

might be true for the beer bar world in Chaweng, Lamai or Pattaya or Phuket or Soi Nana but are not at all valid for the real thai world. Thais -whatever the gender is- are honnest, extremly helpful and goodwilling with foreigners. Nobody in Germany would look for a wife / girlfriend on St. Pauli, famous redlight district in Hamburg!

Mark,

we all know the horror stories about bar girl relationsship.

But statements like

"A few home truths: The Thai ladies, be they in whatever work here on Samui, tend to be a bit loose with the truth on various matters. Not that they all lie all the time, but you ought to maintain a healthy skepticism."

might be true for the beer bar world in Chaweng, Lamai or Pattaya or Phuket or Soi Nana but are not at all valid for the real thai world. Thais -whatever the gender is- are honnest, extremly helpful and goodwilling with foreigners. Nobody in Germany would look for a wife / girlfriend on St. Pauli, famous redlight district in Hamburg!

well said Claude. :o

Also there are many english ladies who have slept with hundredsof guys too,but some would say well they didnt get paid.So are many farangs worried the lady gets paid or has sex with many many farangs.

But do these English women you allude to have multiple men sending them money each month?

I don't fault anyone for trying to improve their life. If a any girl wants to land a "big fish", great. Does she love him? No, but in time she might. There are already many relationships that begin with "true love" and end in bitter divorce so what does it hurt to try starting without the love? So if she wants to try settling down with the one guy just for money (in the beginning anyway) I have no problem with it. I do however hate the ones who lead on multiple men in order to collect money each month. In this case, one party thinks they may have found Mrs Right and the other party is just running a scam.

I am so happy that one is getting more information from this wonderful site.We have a duty to protect the innocent from all the hungry bg/freelanceers/tourist guide/uni student etc etc.Some say that educated thai ladies are not interested in farang.This cannot be true as money number 1,2,3,4 and 5 for this type of girl.Thais also except open corruption so what does that tell you.

Well done posters,you all have got what it takes not to get stitched up in this wonderful but greedy country.

I do not wish to be protected from female uni students. I would make a donation toward their school fees.