90 Days Stay

Can someone please confirm if the following is correct:

1. U.S. citizen

2. Visa to remain 90 days in Thailand

3. In order to obtain a 30 day extension is it absolutely necessary to leave Thailand

4. Is it possible to obtain the 30 day extension in Bangkok

5. If not possible to obtain extension in Bangkok -- every 30 days required to leave the country

Many thanks...

A Tourist Visa will get you 60 days and can be extended for 30 days in Thailand for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

If you are talking about a Non O Visa , 90 days and have to leave when expired and get another Visa or re enter with a 30 day Visa Exempt Stamp.

Edited by Lite Beer

A Tourist Visa will get you 60 days and can be extended for 30 days in Thailand for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

If you are talking about a Non O Visa , 90 days and have to leave when expired and get another Visa or re enter with a 30 day Visa Exempt Stamp.

He was a bit secretive about what visa he was talking about. :o

3.Yes

4.No

5.Yes, but a max of 3 extentions then you must leave Kingdom.

Any chance of getting a longer Visa in the U.S. ? as your post suggests thats what you need.(assuming you are there now)

Dave

Thanks Dave. The information in the NY Consulate webpage is not very clear. I will try to get a longer Visa, provided that I can, however, I really want to stay for at least 5 months. I have no problem leaving the country (if I have to) I am more concerned about the amount of days given with each Visa.

1. U.S. citizen ,im a brit and not sure of us visas

2. Visa to remain 90 days in Thailand what sort of visa is that?

3. In order to obtain a 30 day extension is it absolutely necessary to leave Thailand

can you get a 30 day visa extention, i was under the impression 30 days extention was only for tourist visa's all others are 7 days?? are you on a tourist visa?

4. Is it possible to obtain the 30 day extension in Bangkok if you are eliigble for an 30 day extention i would have thought any imigration office so yes bankok

5. If not possible to obtain extension in Bangkok -- every 30 days required to leave the country

yes if it turns out (someone on here will hopefully put us right) you should as lite beer says be able to do a border run for 30 days x3 or you may go get a tourist visa from some where such as laos read this below it should give you an idea of what goes on

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...te-t158561.html

maybe help others to help you more if you put on here what visa you have got and where from then someone with us visa knowledge may be able to help you more.

chris