Poll: Would Your Wife's History Affect Your Decision To Remain "faithful"

henrytuttle

Would your wife's history affect your decision to remain "faithful"  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll response option

I'd normally be "faithful", but not if my wife used to be a "pro."

OP

But, honestly, I'd be surprised to find too many who were completely faithful to girls they picked up in bars, massage parlours, etc.

Post #19

As far as my fascination with BG, when I was 19, I had a Thai BG girlfriend.

So I'll assume about 50% of the Thai wives/girlfriends I meet used to be "working."

Post #28

I'll readily admit my fascination with guys who have serious relationships with professional girls. And, as I've mentioned before, I find nothing wrong with the decisions that these girls made to do what they do, and yet I still don't think I'd be able to have a real relationship with them

=============================================================================

Forum Rules

By using this service you agree;

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Edited by sriracha john

Forum Rules

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

My apologies. Didn't know.

I think plenty of bar girls do it purely for the income and are not prostitutes by natural inclination. I wouldn't hold it against her if she was otherwise a good natured family oriented type of person.

Bar girl is what they do, not what they are.

Forum Rules

You attested when you signed up that you acknowledged the rules, but if you PM a moderator that's online now and request the thread to be deleted, I'm sure they would oblige.

silly poll. guys here dont marry bargirls, massage parlour chicks, sex workers, etc.......

agreed........only cholburi university girls and cashiers........god bless their li'l hearts !!!!! xxxx

Forum Rules

You attested when you signed up that you acknowledged the rules, but if you PM a moderator that's online now and request the thread to be deleted, I'm sure they would oblige.

Well, first of all, who pays attention to those things?

:o

But, I'm happy to follow the rules, just didn't know. And even if I did, I wouldn't think this would be crossing the line. We're not talking about where to pick up girls, etc. This thread is no way sexual in nature. We're just talking about attitudes towards relationships in a country where this may sometimes be a factor.

Anyway, if anyone is offended by this thread, I have no objection whatsoever if they ask for it to be deleted.

Again, it was never my intent to offend anyone. But I learned something. The results were different from what I expected. I would have expected more #2 and less #1 and #3. Basically, there are a lot more noble people, and a lot more scumbags than I expected. And less conditional scumbags like me.

:D

I wouldn't think this would be crossing the line. We're not talking about where to pick up girls, etc. This thread is no way sexual in nature. We're just talking about attitudes towards relationships in a country where this may sometimes be a factor.

Surely that's a minor and inconsequential detail; The rules are the rules! :o

...Must admit very suspicious of the OP...

Yes, a very strange topic by MrTuttle. I much prefer his serious posts like renting a 200,000 baht/month condo in Bangkok. :D:o:D

bit off topic.

Actually, if Thailand allowed ownership by foreigners, I think these kinds of rents would be just around the corner. Here in Dubai, that's just an average sort of rent. I think in many big cities, that's not unusual for a decent place.

Honestly, I saw a website with a B290,000/mo. 850m2 penthouse w/ swimming pool near the river. I mean, what do you think that would cost in most of the other most populous cities of the world? London, New York, Moscow, Tokyo?

all the funn thread reference thai most famous industry.

is there such things as girls prostitute themselve s coz of natural inclination?

for you guys who dont know. thai girls see sex as a job, no different to them thaan working at mcdonalds. john are customers not boyfriens, lovers, etc.

...Honestly, I saw a website with a B290,000/mo. 850m2 penthouse w/ swimming pool near the river. I mean, what do you think that would cost in most of the other most populous cities of the world? London, New York, Moscow, Tokyo?

Yes, I remember reading your thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/I-m-Outstand...ok-t198332.html . I think this is the apartment you are referring to: http://www.bkkcondos.com/bangkok-apartment...cmsrealty,user/

Actually, it's only 220,000 baht/month. Quite a bargain for 850 sq metres, eh? :o

I was reading a post by neeranam (Have you been faithful to your Thai wife) and found it interesting. But what I found more interesting was how relevant her history was.

I wouldn't be surprised if most guys were faithful to their Thai wives that they married right out of University and were their first lovers. I wouldn't be surprised if they were faithful if they were uneducated divorced village girls who they met while doing relief work. But, honestly, I'd be surprised to find too many who were completely faithful to girls they picked up in bars, massage parlours, etc.

When I say faithful, I mean stuff that you'd be upset if you found out your fourteen year old daughter was doing.

Of course, this also assumes that you live in or spend significant time in Thailand. As one poster mentioned, he'd been faithful for one year, 10 months, 23 days... or something... and this is how long he'd been out of Thailand. I'd be a little surprised to find out that being in Thailand didn't affect the odds of being faithful one way or another no matter who you're married to.

What do you think?

I think a better question would be " Would farang husbands history affect a thai wifes decision to remain faithful"?

Roy Gsd

I'm not sure who should trust who.

The guy that comes to Thailand to sleep with cheap girls, or the girls that excepts payment for adult fun.

Personally i'm neither nor would i meet a girl that is or was.

Personally i think you might not even know.A couple of my friends think there darling gf never work bar or massage or anything else,but i know different,and i am sure there are many instances of some old timer expat that have seen this.

ONE LADY told me about 2 years ago she had at least 3 short times a night and a friend is seeing her because she was selling burgers from a mobile van.Forget the past or not.

WhAT about the thousands of karaoke bars or discos that many thai ladies go to.Then they decide to come to phuket/pattaya etc and work in a bar because their mates say farang have big money. Maybe they have slept with hundreds of thai guys.Many farangs think their lady is safe up country,they are not.

I must be really bored this morning for actually reading this stupid drivel.

Has this subject not been beaten to death enough times already? Some people must lay awake at night, dreaming up all these silly poles about peoples personal lives.

Guese what, most people really DON'T CARE. :o

This subject comes up time to time - in one or other guise ..........

Truth is - and folk can dance around the subject, employ all sorts of diplomatic ways of putting it - but most marriges between Thais and ex-pats involve bar girls( read as ex-bar if you wish), and most of them fail a some point down the road - more so sooner than later.

And while divorce is a fact of life across the socia-economic spectrum of "cross-cultural" ex-pat/Thai girl marriges (in fact all marriges), another truth is that statisticaly the highest divorce/failiure rate for any group in Thailand is by far found amongst bar girls married to ex-pats.

So is your prospective wife's past history relivant?

Er............truth is, it would appear so (wheather one likes to admitt/acknowledge it or not).

But it takes 2 to tango, and there has to be bad judgement on the side of many of the ex-pats in the above cases as well. It would be wrong to always blame the other half.

And before I get jumped on for being "negative' there are also some success stories - one marrige I know of is now in it's 38th year, and I know of at least a couple others of over 20 years standing and still going strong.

The only girl I would marry would be a stewardess - she’s never around and I might be able to get family discounts for flight. Right now I have 2 to chose from Emirates – Korean Chick OR Cathay –HK chick. Witch one should I chose? :o

The one called Mandy I guess?

roy gsd

all the funn thread reference thai most famous industry.

is there such things as girls prostitute themselve s coz of natural inclination?

thai girls see sex as a job, no different to them thaan working at mcdonalds. john are customers not boyfriens, lovers, etc.

Hi,

Would you be the original Madam Cynthia, the famous brothel keeper in the uk?

Perhaps we should expand you comments to include the entire female population of the world, flipping burgers is not quite the same as flipping guys, unless you know different?

For a woman to stereotype an entire nation of females suggests your opinion may be heavily reliant on you own bitter experience rather than facts.

Personally I have never known a woman who has been cheated on to discribe the "other woman" as anything less than a whore........

Perhaps you should get out more, or at least widen your circle of friends.

Dont know any woman that would entertain a man for the evening for a 1$ , but I am sure there are many who would do so for a million $'s.

Is it the price or the principal that you base your opinion of ladies on?

Roy gsd

Edited by roygsd

• 2 weeks later...

my wife,s history makes no difference to me. not my business or concern what she has/hasn,t done. who has a bare closet. my history however made it impossible for me to remain faithful when i was younger. now i,m older there,s no problems from either side. by the way i,m 82, my wife is 22 and we make love three times a day. who got time for naughties,?

my wife,s history makes no difference to me. not my business or concern what she has/hasn,t done. who has a bare closet. my history however made it impossible for me to remain faithful when i was younger. now i,m older there,s no problems from either side. by the way i,m 82, my wife is 22 and we make love three times a day. who got time for naughties,?

But you might be tempted to wander when she's 42 and lost her looks....... Maybe not :o

But you might be tempted to wander when she's 42 and lost her looks....... Maybe not :D

I know what you are saying because my wife turned the ripe old age of 31 this year and I told her that the big reason I was going to continue to stay with her is that she is so beautiful and still looks like she is 18 ! :o

Just joking of course ( I better say that as my wife is a forum member and might read this :D ) however in truth, even if she were a well aged and worn 67 like me, I would still be with her because I love her so much for who she is as a person. :D

No way, I have not, and would not be untrue to my wife, mind you I don't lay at night thinking about her BAR LIFE, she never had one, it's simply not my style to marry a hooker, no disrespect to thoughs that have, but your just a john that continues to pay.

Each to thier own I guess.

Well the lack of number 5 is what prevented me voting

well, i've learned something from this poll. far fewer of the second choice and far more of the third choice than i would have thought.

if anyone else would have voted 5) I would never marry a girl with that sort of history, post separately. i'm curious.

Since you asked if anyone else would have voted 5 then you can count me in. My wifes history also matters to me as does her present. There is no way i could marry an ex BG. if i did, every time she went home to visit her parents or wherever i would be worried if she was screwing around.

But you might be tempted to wander when she's 42 and lost her looks....... Maybe not :o

nice one lol.lol.