Messages Does Not Get Displayed Anymore

hans1977

Hi,

Yesterday i could view messages in the forums, but today (2008-07-07) only the message headings are displayed. If i'm fiddling around with the views (Standard and Linear), i might suddenly be able to read the message body as well, but only sometimes.

My system is an up to date ubuntu with Firefox 3.

Any suggestions on this?

/Hans

Thanks, if i was just able to display that topic it might as well be useful... :o

I think the problem is on the server side. At least Firefox reports lots of error related to the HTML code while i'm trying to browse the forums.

/Hans

You've probably got your display settings on Linear or Outline.

Reset it to Standard.

You can read this topic for more information.

It's usable again after following your instruction, but not back to what it was yesterday. The outline mode is similar to what i had yesterday, but it's not displaying the message i have just clicked on. Maybe it's not working like that any more?

/Hans

Hans, clean your browser cache/temporary internet files, that would fix it!

We will retire outline mode shortly, as very few members use outline mode. Please revert back to Standard and all should work fine.

Just for reference, I love outline mode - paticularly the hierachical thread display and have now just got it sorted after your upgrade- by clearing the temporary cache.

We will retire outline mode shortly, as very few members use outline mode. Please revert back to Standard and all should work fine.

Just for reference, I love outline mode - paticularly the hierachical thread display and have now just got it sorted after your upgrade- by clearing the temporary cache.

no, clearing the cache is only a temporary fix -outline mode is not really functional under this revision - great shame

We have removed the option to change topic view (threaded view, linear view). All members are now redirected to the Standard view.

Hope this helps members who are having problems with the topic view settings.

Cheers