Ais 1-2 Call Can It Be Recharged From Overseas

I have a 1-2 Call number which I have had for many years. Will be in Australia about a month longer than the balance expiry.

The balance is only about 100 Baht, but would really like to preserve the number.

Is this possible?

Trouble is; I'm in Oz now, but thanks.

I'm just surprised that they don't seem to have an Internet facility, I have an SCB account and would have thought that I could have done a transfer by that means!

Logically, get a friend here with an atm account to buy time for your phone, all they have to do is enter in your phone number and the balance should be updated, shouldn't it?

Regards

Really? Is this possible? Can it be any bank account or does it have to be registered to your Mobile phone account?

On the offchance you know..... :o Does True also do this too?

Txs in advance for any assistance!

If you have internet banking with a Thai bank you can pay using that. I use Kasikorn and pay using their internet bill payment service.

I also think you can pay using credit card from the 12Call website but that is the worst web site I have ever seen and not very user friendly.

Edited by ZZZ

Any ATM account can 'charge' any phone, there's no registration requirement. So for example, you and the phone are in Oz, your friend goes to their bank ATM in Thailand, selects 'payments'-> mobile phone -> service {in this case 1 2 Call} ->and selects an amount from the menu. {Think the amounts are the same as the top-up card values}. Type in the cell phone number and that's it. The specified payment will then be credited to the phone even though it is abroad. I'm not sure the * or # numbers will work when roaming, however, I know that the ATM technique works, since I had a colleague do just this when he was travelling with me.

Regards

PS AFAIK all the providers offer this service.

Edited by A_Traveller

And if your friend does not want to go the ATM route, have him/her buy a recharge card, email/sms you the code and recharge it yourself.

Just dial *120* the recharge code # send.

Enjoy,

TheWalkingMan

The best solution and I can confirm it works from overseas. You probably need to turn on international roaming first.

^ Thanks for that always good to know, though as you note the roaming would have to be switched on prior to leaving. With 12Call I don't think you can enable roaming once you're outside Thailand.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

And to turn on IR: *125*1# and send.

I only use it to keep my sim active, as I got into those Sawadee Un Un promotion, where they claim you need to make one call every three months, in order to keep the sim alive.

^ Now that's useful, for 1 2 call I presume. Often have people with me who look askance at their cell phones when in Singapore etc.. I know at least one case where their SO was trying {both Thai so not a linguistic issue} to get it switched on when they were there, and she was told by AIS not possible :o

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Yo ucan swp credit for SIM life expiry on some if not all networks.

On DTAC, you can switch on international roaming via the web but you must be able to receive a mesage from them and thus have to do it from LOS beforehand.

The ATM topping up I would think works for all.

Transferring from your bank via the internet should work as well.

You can also email AIS/One-2Call [email protected] to enable international roaming although this is not required to top-up from outside Thailand. You can also ask about balance expiration options. In some cases they may just add on 30 days for you gratis. The easiest options are to have a friend in Thailand stop by a shop and add value to your SIM, sll they need is your number, or have someone buy a top-up card and email the 13 digit PIN to you, then enter *120*13digitpin# SEND.

Edited by lomatopo

I have a 1-2 Call number which I have had for many years. Will be in Australia about a month longer than the balance expiry.

The balance is only about 100 Baht, but would really like to preserve the number.

Is this possible?

I turned on my Thai 12 call phone after i arrived in Sydney a while ago by mistake.

It went straight to roaming and welcomed me to Sydney with the exchange rate and temperature.

It was conected to someware in Candbera.

I turned it off quick as I didn'r know what they were going to deduct.

When i come back to OZ each time I leave about 200thb credit on it.

They take about 40thb per month off.

I have landed with no credit back in LOS then recharged ASAP and it's OK.

I now bring back a recharge card and put it on as the plane is taxing to the gate.

I think if they want your business it will be OK

Regards aussiep

You say you have an SCB account, just login to SCBeasy and you can top-up your 1-2-Call account on there, it's under 'Payments & e-Bill' then 'Mobile Top-Up' from the list at the top, choose which provider your with from the list 1-2-Call in your case, then enter your mobile number and choose from the drop-down list how much you would like to top up your phone with. Job done!

You say you have an SCB account, just login to SCBeasy and you can top-up your 1-2-Call account on there, it's under 'Payments & e-Bill' then 'Mobile Top-Up' from the list at the top, choose which provider your with from the list 1-2-Call in your case, then enter your mobile number and choose from the drop-down list how much you would like to top up your phone with. Job done!

Fantastic - thank you.

I have just topped up 2 phones from the UK. For the last year I have been getting a friend to buy top-up cards and sms the numbers !

• 2 weeks later...

Recharged successfully from Australia by having friend in LOS buy 1-2 Call Recharge Card, SMS me the Pin and me dialling into AIS through Optus.

AIS enabled roaming to my SIM from Thailand after an email from me, so no problems and very easy.

Does anyone know what the duration is for recharges, e.g. 300 THB = 1 month I think, what about other amounts? Reason for asking is one or two people I know see their time down but since you can only apply time up to 1 years these days, {& 5,000 THB max} they would rather match the duration.

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

hello my bofriend is in thailand and he reallly needs me to top up his AIS 12 sim card from the Uk. is there any way i can do it online? or is there a number to ring for me to top up the thai sim card by telephone? if anyone could help me top up his phone in thailand from the Uk that would be great?

hello my bofriend is in thailand and he reallly needs me to top up his AIS 12 sim card from the Uk. is there any way i can do it online? or is there a number to ring for me to top up the thai sim card by telephone? if anyone could help me top up his phone in thailand from the Uk that would be great?

You could try calling the AIS call center on +6622719000 but pretty sure they only accept VISA/Mastercard from Thai banks from memory as think I tried this once.

EDIT: That probably wasn't the most helpful of advice but to be honest the best thing you can do for him would be to western union him some money and he can purchase a top-up card from almost any local shop, 7-11, family mart, etc, as it sounds like he's got himself into some bother, a stolen wallet/passport by the sound of it. We live in Phuket, Thailand, so feel free to PM me if we can help at all :o good luck

Edited by mjperry

I guess what we're saying here is the boyfriend is here in LOS and he has no friends or anyone that he can get help from to top up his sim card? What am I not understanding about this? He has no money or other resources? Can he make a loan from someone? There has to be an easy way to simply top up a phone and if he has no cash the phone is the least of his problems.

• 5 months later...

hi i live in australia i pay secure on line and top up arrives in about 4 days, and top up procedure works from here, new sims and top ups available at www.prepaid-simcard.com follow links thailand credit topup it works well for me. good luck

hi i live in australia i pay secure on line and top up arrives in about 4 days, and top up procedure works from here, new sims and top ups available at www.prepaid-simcard.com follow links thailand credit topup it works well for me. good luck

There are often people on eBay selling Thailand top-up cards too, at prices lower than those at the link mentioned above to boot. There's a guy in Phuket who I bought AIS topups from a couple of times, each time within a couple hours of me buing it with the "buy it now" option & paying by Paypal, he emailed me a scanned image of the card (with the needed digits revealed) and I was able to top up my phone right away. I think that what the guy is doing is running out to the 711 to buy a card whenever an auction of his closes.

Edited by OriginalPoster

As others have said if you have a bank account you can do it direct from there with no extra fees. I was able to top up my phone in Canada from my SCB account. Then I figured out that Dtac balances are good for one year even if you only add 50baht. I know it's a hassle to change numbers but I had to change my number twice with AIS when the sim expired, once before I got a bank account and once when I forgot to top it up. I have less than 100baht on my phone now and it doesn't expire until next January.