Canadian Prv

My soon-to-be Thai wife and I are currently in the process of filling out the proper immigration papers for her permanent residence into Canada. A major concern of mine is that I have been in Thailand, with her, since November 2007 and I was not employed there nor in Canada during that time. The application asks for employment information (i.e. net income, employer information, etc.) for the past year up to the date the application was filed. We plan to apply in November 2008. I have many assets (house, cabin and a small holding company that is currently dormant) and investments that can prove my current financial status is well. I also hold a degree and diploma in engineering which may prove that my career is sound.

I have also heard stories that the application has to be 'perfected' in order for the visa to be granted without any long delays. I know that we can do this on our own but we don't want this to drag out with the chances of minor corrections (dot all 'i's and cross all 't's).

I have many questions/concerns about the forms and was wondering if anyone has recently dealt with this process before and can offer any advice to us (PM me if you like).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :o

If she is your spouse, you are legally exempted from any specific financial income requirement. If you are not residing in canada, you have to fill one additional form to show that you both intend to live in Canada once her visa is issued. Don't worry about your jobs or staying outside Canada, becasue these thing doesn't matter much, most important thing is to prove to them you both are in a genuine relation, got married after knowing each other well and marriage is not used as a path for her to move to Canada.

If your relation is genuine, she will definitely get the visa, if not you have right to appeal.

"I also hold a degree and diploma in engineering which may prove that my career is sound. "

Since you haven't worked in a year, and have no employment on the horizen, why exactly do you think that your "career is sound"?

• 2 weeks later...
If she is your spouse, you are legally exempted from any specific financial income requirement. If you are not residing in canada, you have to fill one additional form to show that you both intend to live in Canada once her visa is issued. Don't worry about your jobs or staying outside Canada, becasue these thing doesn't matter much, most important thing is to prove to them you both are in a genuine relation, got married after knowing each other well and marriage is not used as a path for her to move to Canada.

If your relation is genuine, she will definitely get the visa, if not you have right to appeal.

IMM 1283 is a Financial form that must be filled out by the sponsor (me) and there is a magical number that one must (at least) have in order to be able to sponsor a member of the family class. This involves the first process of sending the application to Ontario. If I don't make enough money, will my sponsor attempt be refused?

I now live/work in Thailand to be with her and I do not make that magical number. Do you know what form I would fill out since I reside in Thailand? I know that within all the forms of the application, there is a part that deals with residing/working outside of Canada. Is this the form you talk about? I do think financial support is important, along with everything they ask in the application. If it isn't important then why would they ask?

Any help here would be great! :o

It's article 39 of the Law:39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

====================

There are several regulations to this Law. However, your questions is related to IMM1283 and I understand that your answer to section 9 is lower than the amount of section 8? Am I right :o

Immigration officers are studying files all day long. Yes, no, no, yes, no, no,yes, etc.

You will be rejected if you don't follow their criteria. The follow strict guidelines, especially in Canada.

Find a way to be able to increase your income, by a way or another. A Canadian person could give you a contract, for example, at a salary X. That will increase your incomes. Bank statements could be checked, verify that all is legal...

However, I am NOT sure if YOU have to fill out IMM1283.

Double check with the embassy if this applies to LEGAL SPOUSE in case of application to sponsor ONE member of a family class:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/a.../fc.asp#sponsor

Good luck.

Sebastian.

A Canadian person could give you a contract, for example, at a salary X. That will increase your incomes. Bank statements could be checked, verify that all is legal...

When you say 'contract', would an offer of a full-time position that states duties, salary, etc. help?

Double check with the embassy if this applies to LEGAL SPOUSE in case of application to sponsor ONE member of a family class.

The Embassy in Singapore has told me they do not deal with the sponsor part of the application, only Ontario does. Since there is no contact information or even an email address to the CIC in Ontario, I will have to get someone back home to phone them.

Thanks for your help Sebastian :o

Double check with the embassy if this applies to LEGAL SPOUSE in case of application to sponsor ONE member of a family class:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/a.../fc.asp#sponsor

Good luck.

Sebastian.

I looked closer at the forms and you guys are right! There is no requirement (financially) that I have as a sponsor for my wife since I will ONLY be sponsoring her and not other dependant children. Plus I am not on any welfare program receiving money from the government. I still have to fill out the financial forms though so putting unemployed should NOT be grounds to deny my sponsorship.

Thanks Sebastian and TornedoX!!