Where To Buy...

Wolfie

I'd like to buy a small charcoal BBQ, but i cant seem to find one. Had a look around various shops and markets but just cant seem to locate anything. I've tried Home Pro and those kinds of places, thinking they would be the obvious place to find one... but i've drawn a blank.

Anyone know where i could get one? I'd prefer one that stands about waist height, i did see one small 'tabletop' style one but i'm worried its gunna burn whatever its put on top of.

Thanks in Advance!

If I might jump ahead to what may become a future issue: if you are having trouble finding a barbeque now, you will probably have trouble trying to find charcoal in the future.

Nah, ive seen the charcoal for sale in lots of places, including big supermarkets and 'Mom n Pop' stores. I dont think that will be a problem :o

Ummm... excuse my ignorance, but whats a weber type? :o

I just need a basic BBQ, that could accommodate cooking for 4 people, so something around 18inches by 12inches - or there abouts. Doesnt need to be expensive or huge or anything like that.

Ummm... excuse my ignorance, but whats a weber type? :o

I just need a basic BBQ, that could accommodate cooking for 4 people, so something around 18inches by 12inches - or there abouts. Doesnt need to be expensive or huge or anything like that.

Sorry. Weber make a round bar b q with a domed top. Small one is about 14". Larger is 22", I think. The rectangular ones with cover are ok but the Weber is better for smoking meat.

I've seen the cheapar rectanguler ones but can't recall where.

Villa sell two small Webber BBQ's.

They're not cheap , I think about B2,500-4,000 (?????), but I have the small round one (apparently the Smokey Joe Silver) for camping and it has been excellent They also have the Go Anywhere charcoal.

A bit more expensive but really nice are the Coleman ones , the Coleman shop is on Sukhumvit opposite the entrance to Soi 53 and next to the Rex Hotel.

Cheers

PS should'nt have looked at the Webber site , their RRP is $35 for the Smokey Joe :o

Right, you shouldn't have looked. The difference in price will make you cry. I have a large Brinkmann smoker that I bought in Saudi and had it shipped home at company expense. Wouldn't want to think what it might cost in Thailand if you could even find it.

Edited by bangsaenguy

I'd like to buy a small charcoal BBQ, but i cant seem to find one. Had a look around various shops and markets but just cant seem to locate anything. I've tried Home Pro and those kinds of places, thinking they would be the obvious place to find one... but i've drawn a blank.

Anyone know where i could get one? I'd prefer one that stands about waist height, i did see one small 'tabletop' style one but i'm worried its gunna burn whatever its put on top of.

Thanks in Advance!

villa suk 11 has nice little webber kettles. no idea how much though. ah i see someone has beat me to it. irrespective of the price difference, the webber is perhaps your best bet

Edited by t.s

Maybe the particular Home Pro you visited were out of stock... the one near my house on Sukapibal 3 is where I got mine, and yes they stock charcoal as well (but so my local Tesco Lotus).

:o

Edited by Heng