Personal Tap Water Filter

dotcom

Picture taken in front of Home Pro - Seri Center - Floor2. This all you need in BANGKOK. If you live in Jomtien & have your own water well - can't help ya.

then what do you do with the "personal" water? :o

Picture taken in front of Home Pro - Seri Center - Floor2. This all you need in BANGKOK. If you live in Jomtien & have your own water well - can't help ya.

Um...and what is in each 'vessel', what does each do? when I looked most of them included something to soften the water which you don't want if you are going to drink it..we ended up with an amway one...consisting of a debrie filter (carbon) and a uv light..to kill bacteria, of which bangkok water has little at source..however I wouln't vouch for our stainless steel tank internals being the same.

I know that amways e-spring..is a little over the top as... it checks its own condition however it means that I don't have to try and estimate when the UV light requires changing and the carbon filter is loaded with debris.

I continue to be surprised at the types of water filters that Home Pro and simular institutions offer, someone somewhere lacks a little knolwedge or maximising profits are their motives.

Edited by John45

The OP pic looks almost identical to the older "Firstline" brand filter I bought at Tesco Lotus in Bangkok seven years ago. I still use it today at my condo in Jomtien.

One cartridge is a "Polyethylene Filter" which "eliminates 99% of bacteria and 95% of suspender [sic] solid."

The other cartridge is "Activated carbon block Filter" for "reduced chlorine taste and odor."

Before my condo finally connected to the municipal water line earlier this year, when we were using trucked-in swamp water, I would remove and use a stiff brush to clean the polyethylene filter whenever the water flow seemed reduced. Since we've been on the municipal water line, I've not needed to do that. When I start to "taste" the water I replace the carbon block (charcoal?) filter.

Now that I think about it, it's been over six months since I've serviced the unit, and the water flow and taste are acceptable. I think I used to change the filter cartridges about every eight or nine months in Bangkok. I didn't learn the trick about using a brush to clean the polyethylene filter until after I moved to Jomtien.