Well Hello There All!

david1806

hi all

just discovered this forum - i'm surprised i hadn't joined earlier. i had seen 'thaivisa' mentioned before, but i never knew it had a forum. i've been using pattaya addicts, which is good fun, but the posts do tend to get a bit repetitive - i won't go into details! :o

anyhows, i live back in london, UK now, but i lived in thailand for 3 years. was anyone living in pattaya at the time of the 2002 world cup? i'd like to know if anyone knew the bar 'the dublin bar' - run by a guy called pat. it was on a corner of a road off soi bekeouw. would like to speak to anyone who knew it - i was in their pool team. it's shut down now.

i also owned a bar in koh samui called the 'bare-foot bar' - i think its still there and still got the same name. anyone here live on koh samui??

i was also on koh tao for a few months deep-dea diving.

cheers all

david

:D

Why did you go back to miserable London pal?

a very good question!!! :o

i flew from thailand to barcelona, with the intention of going back to thailand. but i got involved with an ex-girlfriend (she was spanish), and that all went wrong, but i ended up staying in barcelona for 18 months, and then i simply ran out of money. i had left UK over 4 years earlier with around £80k, but it had finally all ran out, so i came back to UK to make some more dosh.

trust me, i'll be going back to thailand many many times until the day i die!!! i usually spend at least 3 months a year in LOS, this is the longest i haven't been back - and there is a good (but personal) reason for that. but 99% sure i'll be back for 2008/09 winter. i'll probably end up with a thai missus!!!

d

Edited by david1806

Why did you go back to miserable London pal?

a very good question!!! :o

i flew from thailand to barcelona, with the intention of going back to thailand. but i got involved with an ex-girlfriend (she was spanish), and that all went wrong, but i ended up staying in barcelona for 18 months, and then i simply ran out of money. i had left UK over 4 years earlier with around £80k, but it had finally all ran out, so i came back to UK to make some more dosh.

trust me, i'll be going back to thailand many many times until the day i die!!! i usually spend at least 3 months a year in LOS, this is the longest i haven't been back - and there is a good (but personal) reason for that. but 99% sure i'll be back for 2008/09 winter. i'll probably end up with a thai missus!!!

d

Hi Dave,

Sounds reasonable to me!

Have been back in the uk myself for around 3 year's now, am married to a Thai who would like to return to live in LOS but earning a crust in LOS dont appeal to me.

No offence, but owning a bar must be like like sitting on a cactus, the moment you decide to move you just know its gonna be painful!

I think for a single bloke you did well to manage to stay for 3 years on £80k, nothing like a bit of being skint to get you back slipping about to get a few quid in, good luck to you.

Snob that I am what side of the river are you located? That old river has a lot to answer for.

I grew up in South london and left ther years ago but for some reason I still like to take a look around there from time to time.

The wife would like to move into london but I am not too sure, been away too long and when I go in a pub where I grew up and see a guy I grew up with sitting in the same pup as his old man used to sit in 40 years ago I dont understand it.

Getting them to cross the river when I was a kid was almost impposible, benidorm? ok, Hackney? NO fear! I guess its much the same really.

Good Luck

Roy Gsd

hi!

Snob that I am what side of the river are you located?
- i live north of the river. always preferred it there. it's funny, i always find that people north could never live south, and vice-versa. i don't think i would ever live south - i always feel a bit wary in most parts of saarf london.
I think for a single bloke you did well to manage to stay for 3 years on £80k
- my money lasted me no problem. as you probably know, when you live in LOS, everything is so much cheaper. i very rarely paid to play, and usually had a TGF living with me. the few months i spent in koh tao was super cheap. i didn't do anything but scuba dive (i ended up going out with my diving instructer, so even that was cheap!!! (and she was a honey :D )) and lie around on the beach. koh samui i had the bar, which made enough money to live - pattaya i was spending more money maybe - as you can imagine!!

i had a good few quid when i got to barcelona, but that didn't last long!!

what area of samui was the bar?
- the bar was/is in chawang, on the main road, just up from mcdonalds on the same side of the road. 'The Bare-Foot Bar'. A small bar, it opened up straight onto the street, open front, no doors/windows if you get me. Unfortunately, i 'lost' (very long story) my laptop in barcelona, and that had all my pictures on. i'm gutted about that.
Welcome david, are you crazy too?
- oooooh, yes!!!!! :D

d

:o

Edited by david1806