Colonic irrigation

wilson steer

About three weeks ago I saw a large advertisement in the Bangkok Post for colonic irrigation for $20 in a Bangkok clinic. It advertised a cleansing bowel wash of 25 litres (water). They have not advertised since, and I require their address or telephone number, as I have suffered stomach ache and severe constipation followed by loose bowels for a weeks duration now. Enough is enough I need help.

If any members can post their (the clinc's) contact details I would be grateful. Thanks in advance......

Sorry if I insist. I am not a doctor but I have a chronic intestinal disease so I know enough about bowel.

A chiropractor if I am not wrong is someone related to bones and muscles, so I don't think can do something.

I think Wilson should see a gastroenterologist, stomach ache with severe constipation can be a simpe infection curable with antibiotics, but could be also something very serious.

Why do not try at Bumrumgrad Hospital in Sukhumvit Soi 3, which they say it's the best hospital in Thailand.

Totally agree with you Buasaard -- advice well worth taking. I only mentioned the chiro because these people are trained along the lines of GPs. They're not just "bone doctors". A lot of the problems I suffered related to kinks in the central nervous system which chiros can fix by manipulation of the spine. For example, I went through #### for years with chest pains (and I MEAN ####), and underwent numerous and very expensive heart tests, including an angiogram. Heart was perfect, but why the chest pains which gave me symptoms exactly the same as a heart defect? When I was finally persuaded to see a chiro, the problem was fixed, resolved, settled finitum with a series of spinal manipulations. Never had a problem since, and regular heart tests still show no irregularities. Just thought I'd throw that in as an alternative suggestion if all else fails.

Dex.

And infact spine is very connected with muscles and bones.

But diarrhoea has hardly to do with spine.

Besides I wanted to warn Wilson, because a colonic irrigation, expecially with something inside,in an inflamed bowel could lead to a perforation

By the way if you have the same problems again and the chiro doesn't fix , have a doctor check the aesophagus (if they didn't already). I have sometimes chest pain similar to a heart stroke, but it is aesophagitis.

Thanks for all the advice folks, am happy to say this matter has been cleared up after a visit to my Doctor, here in Pattaya. A word of caution for those in L.O.S. : There are three types of water;

1. Tap Water; Poor

2. Big White plastic bottles on deposit refill basis at 10-15 baht

3. 6 litre mineral water from Family Mart/7-11

Of course I doubt anyone drinks tap water, but think it is O.K. for boiling food.

The 10-15 baht plastic bottle water I think is O.K. for boiling and drinking as in coffee/tea

The mineral water is great for drinking.

The mistake I made is drinking type 2. Although it is classified as 'drinking water' it can contain bacteria because they don't wash the empty plastic bottles, and sometimes these stand about a while (with or without a cap) and collect muck.

So, go easy. Boil and be safe!

Wilson, regarding your comments about the plastic bottles -- I routinely slash my empties with a knife to ensure they can't be used. I started doing this after I discovered that at a certain major wholesale outfit where I shop regularly (M...o) that my regular brand of bottled water was being sold without the plastic wrap at the top. When I got home, it tasted just like the filtered water I get from my tap. Recommend everybody slash bottles (when they can), even small ones. (BTW, not even sure the plastic wrap at the top is fool-proof, either.)