Migration To Isaan- Property Prices Soar

PaddyThai

Apols. if Title is a bit dramatic.

My dear wife has been chatting to her Mum in Chumphae and the following story is doing the rounds;

Fears of a predicted major earthquakes in all areas of Thailand, except Isaan, are prompting people to move to live in Isaan. Whether these predictions are scientific or from others I don't know.

According to mum in law this accompanied by Southern Thais continuing to escape the conflict there moving to Isaan to ste up Rubber ttree plantations and other activities has sent land prices up.

For reasons which are not clear to me it seems Korean's and Japanese are buying agricultural land (Via some legal process I expect) throughout Isaan. Could be as investment as food and bio fuel prices are rising.

This story, apparently, is doing the rounds in Chumphae. I wondered if any of you have heard similar.

My dear wife has been chatting to her Mum in Chumphae and the following story is doing the rounds;

Fears of a predicted major earthquakes in all areas of Thailand, except Isaan, are prompting people to move to live in Isaan.

Probably some prediction made by a respected local monk making the rounds. You know how Thais believe in such superstitious non-sense.

I was looking at some rice land in Kalasin last fall, they wanted what I thought at the time was a bit too much, besides never make your first offer what they are asking. I told my wife to offer a lower price, but I was willing to go to the price they wanted if need be. My wife went to talk to the wife of the owner (she was the co-owner), anyway she pissed my wife off so much my wife said she wouldn't buy the land. I heard two days later they sold to a man from Taiwan for the price they were asking. This was rice land and the way it has gone up in price the last six months, I am mad at myself that I tried to bargain and didn't offer the original price. I thought I was the only one in the area that had the money, I wasn't thinking there would be someone from Taiwan lurking about.

I keep reading that the economy in Thailand is bad and that people are selling land, but in the last year that was the only land in my area for sale and they were selling because they needed the money to start a hotel. The economy seems to be doing well in Kalasin. Issangeorge.

I heard two days later they sold to a man from Taiwan for the price they were asking.

He couldn't have bought it himself. No doubt a Thai wife or girlfriend lurking in the background.

Maybe she's a baddun, and will resell the land when he is safely tucked up in Taiwan. Try and find her and be prepared to assist her in offloading at below the original price!