Draught Beer Pumps And Chillers

PomChopSingYai

Hi,

I've just bought a small bar and I would like to put in some draught beer, with a chiller unit. I understand that the shelf life of draught is quite small, so I guess my questions are numerous:-

What is the shelf life?

Where can I buy a chiller unit and pump?

Where can I buy the beer towers that your fill with ice in the centre?

What gas bottle system do I need, or can I get by without somehow?

I used to run a bar before, but things are so different here, plus my new place is very small, and I want to kit it out whilst being mindful of the fact that it will take a while to fill a customer base. I really would like to offer a draught beer from a pump though. What are my options? Costs? Can I just buy a keg from a local dealer?

Also, I am on the lookout for a cheap projector for showing movies or music videos in the bar. I have found one in the UK new for the equivalent of about 9,000 baht, but it is heavy. Any dealers in Chiang Mai offer similar cheap projectors? The resolution isn't great on the one I've found, and it is only 500 ANSI lumens (Or whatever the brightness thing is called. :o ) but reviews seem very favourable, and new lamps are only £50 which is a good thing.

Thanks

Harry

Hi,

I've just bought a small bar and I would like to put in some draught beer, with a chiller unit. I understand that the shelf life of draught is quite small, so I guess my questions are numerous:-

What is the shelf life?

Where can I buy a chiller unit and pump?

Where can I buy the beer towers that your fill with ice in the centre?

What gas bottle system do I need, or can I get by without somehow?

I used to run a bar before, but things are so different here, plus my new place is very small, and I want to kit it out whilst being mindful of the fact that it will take a while to fill a customer base. I really would like to offer a draught beer from a pump though. What are my options? Costs? Can I just buy a keg from a local dealer?

Also, I am on the lookout for a cheap projector for showing movies or music videos in the bar. I have found one in the UK new for the equivalent of about 9,000 baht, but it is heavy. Any dealers in Chiang Mai offer similar cheap projectors? The resolution isn't great on the one I've found, and it is only 500 ANSI lumens (Or whatever the brightness thing is called. :o ) but reviews seem very favourable, and new lamps are only £50 which is a good thing.

Thanks

Harry

Beer chillers and gas are usually supplied - free - by the brewery. I haven't seen them on sale. Some of the better beers may be reluctant to supply a small bar because of the fact that you may not sell enough. Draft Chang is usually a good option. Maybe Leo or Tiger.You may want to limit the number of other beers in order to encourage the sale of the draft and keep it flowing. The beer towers are also supplied by the beer supplier. Draft beer usually comes in 30 litre barrels and is best sold within 4-5 days.

I would think that 500 ANSI lumens is a bit low unless you plan to show movies in almost darkness . 2000 lumens projectors are available for about 25000 baht, but may be on promotion post-Euro 2008.

Good luck.

...................................Also, I am on the lookout for a cheap projector for showing movies or music videos in the bar. I have found one in the UK new for the equivalent of about 9,000 baht, but it is heavy. Any dealers in Chiang Mai offer similar cheap projectors? The resolution isn't great on the one I've found, and it is only 500 ANSI lumens (Or whatever the brightness thing is called. :o ) but reviews seem very favourable, and new lamps are only £50 which is a good thing.

Thanks

Harry

Why not use a TV?