Refussed A Multi B In Kl Again

I was refussed a multi B again in KL.

This is really pissing me off.

I had all the right paperwork.

However the rag head at the counter pointed to the last stamp and said "can only give you a single entry 90 day".

I was in contact with the labor dept before I left and they stated that all the paper work that I had was enough.

KL gave me a copy of someone elses work permit stamp and ask me to show the labor dept in Chonburi.

They can get stuffed in future I will just go to Oz.

By the time I factor in the time, accom and expenses it would just about cost me the same.

<br />If you have all the right paperwork, why don't you get an extension at imm here in TH?<br />

his paperwork is for a visa multi entry not for an extension of stay, the requirements are VERY different.

However the rag head at the counter pointed to the last stamp and said "can only give you a single entry 90 day".

I was in contact with the labor dept before I left and they stated that all the paper work that I had was enough.

KL gave me a copy of someone elses work permit stamp and ask me to show the labor dept in Chonburi.

By the time I factor in the time, accom and expenses it would just about cost me the same.

This problem seems to only be affecting people with long established WPs (> 1 year) who are applying at KL. You would think that such long established workers would have fewer problems.

Did you have the 'magic date and stamp' in your work permit from your labour dept that has been discussed recently on this forum? Check the following link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2071351

Often when you go to neighbouring Thai Embassies and Consulates they will tell you "Why don't you get a visa extension in Thailand, why did you come here?" KL was one of the few remaining embassies in SE Asia where you could obtain a one year multiple entry non B visa.

This is the crux of the paradox; It is considerably more difficult to get a visa extension for business (section 7.1) than it is to initially get/renew a work permit or obtain a single entry 90 day non immigrant B visa. Particularly so if you work for a new or smaller company here in Thailand.

It makes it much more difficult to hold down a job here if you have to leave Thailand for 2/3 working days, every 3 months, often having to spend well over 15,000 THB. Also, for me personally, such visa runs are no 'holiday'.

Embassies and Consulates seem to have no idea that for many of us who work here it is simply impossible to get an extension for business under section 7.1 of police order 606/2549. This is despite the fact that we have legitimate jobs with work permits, contribute to the thai economy and pay substantial taxes on top of that.

This problem seems to only be affecting people with long established WPs (> 1 year) who are applying at KL. You would think that such long established workers would have fewer problems.

Did you have the 'magic date and stamp' in your work permit from your labour dept that has been discussed recently on this forum? Check the following link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2071351

Often when you go to neighbouring Thai Embassies and Consulates they will tell you "Why don't you get a visa extension in Thailand, why did you come here?" KL was one of the few remaining embassies in SE Asia where you could obtain a one year multiple entry non B visa.

This is the crux of the paradox; It is considerably more difficult to get a visa extension for business (section 7.1) than it is to initially get/renew a work permit or obtain a single entry 90 day non immigrant B visa. Particularly so if you work for a new or smaller company here in Thailand.

It makes it much more difficult to hold down a job here if you have to leave Thailand for 2/3 working days, every 3 months, often having to spend well over 15,000 THB. Also, for me personally, such visa runs are no 'holiday'.

Embassies and Consulates seem to have no idea that for many of us who work here it is simply impossible to get an extension for business under section 7.1 of police order 606/2549. This is despite the fact that we have legitimate jobs with work permits, contribute to the thai economy and pay substantial taxes on top of that.

Thanks for the informative reply. Some people just don't understand how much crap we have to go through to keep our jobs/business alive here. It was a business trip as well thankfully. So it was not all negative. I just had to put up with crap hotel (Corus) no/little internet, ignorant and abusive fellow travellers and er hangovers. My lawyer has something up his sleave that I will do or it is back to Oz next 90 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your plight. At least they gave you a copy of someone else's permit so you could show it to the labor dept.

Could you scan and post the stamp here for the rest of us to see?

I'll be renewing my visa next month.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Edited by junkofdavid2