Taxi Service, Pattaya To Sri Racha And Wait ...

Jingthing

Mr Rimmer, I have just spent an hour transposing many posts from this topic to a word doc and you tell me it's 3 years old. OMG I'm a dunce.

[Though I expect prices would be no more double by now].

Prices are the same. No more than 700 baht by car including the waiting time. 40 baht by bus. You can usually jump on the bus waiting at Pattaya Klang and Sukhumvit.

Hmmmm.... Last time I took the bus, it was 60 baht.

How far is Phiyathai hospital from Robinsons?

Very close. It's just to the West of Robinsons. About 500 meters according to Google Earth (as a bird flies). The Sois on each side of Robinsons will take you to it. Lots of Tuk-Tuks in the area if you don't feel like walking.

BTW: The spelling is "Phyathai" if you want to use Google.

How far is Phiyathai hospital from Robinsons?

Very close. It's just to the West of Robinsons. About 500 meters according to Google Earth (as a bird flies). The Sois on each side of Robinsons will take you to it. Lots of Tuk-Tuks in the area if you don't feel like walking.

BTW: The spelling is "Phyathai" if you want to use Google.

Here's the Google Earth image to give you an idea.

I have used baht buses to the nearest golf courses, about 30-40 min drive from Pattaya. They usually charge me a total of 500Baht to take me there and then come back and pick me up 5 hours later for the return trip to Pattaya.

They have always been on time for the return, occasionally they have sent another baht bus to pick me up if the original bus could not make the return.

The baht buses that run along the Pattaya - Sri Racha route (Sukhumvit) are cheaper than the in-town ones - mile-for-mile - but it depends on the degree of comfort you want, and the reasons for the trip.

Small shopping, I'd catch the bus from the junction of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit, get off at Makro or Robinsons, major shopping or hospital visit - take a car.

If just one person you could sit inside, so not much difference in comfort to a taxi.