Recommendations On Mac Dealers In Bangkok

DaveBKK

OK, I'm taking the big plunge and have decided to buy my first Mac (iMac 24" with Nvidia card). I heard glowing reviews on the service of Unlimit Mac in Ratchada, but unfortunately they don't have any 24" iMacs in stock (15+ days for new ones to come in).

I am impatient. Not really keen to take a quick flight to Singapore or HK and lug the box back with me....

Therefore, asking here if folks have recommendations on Mac dealers in BKK with a minimum of shennanigans and highest possible level of service (considering it's Thailand).

Thanks in advance!

Dave

We use the iStudio branch here in Korat, called iBeat. Good service, good repairs, very helpful. They send the computers to BKK for repair, so any needed repairs would be done by the same techs. They honor Applecare service agreements, so repairs are free if you have Applecare. Well worth the expense!

Sorry I can't give you info on an Apple dealer in Bangkok , but ive just bought a new iMac 24 inch 2.8 from the iBeat shop in Korat

and can recommend them , the store manager , Khun Gung is very helpful , and the iMac is just puring along :o

Alex

I've been told there's an Apple outlet store on Rama 9 off the train. Fountain Plaza or something similar.

I guess that would be Fortune Tower. It's just beside the MRT station Rama 9. There are at least 3 Apple dealers inside the building :-)

Just extending this subject.

Recently I purchased an iMac from iStudio in BKK. Moving from Windows to a Mac was indeed daunting and not without a massive learning curve.

Was I glad I used iStudio. Their back-up and support is exemplary. On the many occasions I've needed to seek assistance their technical staff have been immediately available on the phone (perfect English speaking) and my "problems" have been resolved within minutes.

I cannot recommend this Company highly enough.

I must add that I have no connection or vested interest in iStudio - just wishing to endorse my standing as a very satisfied customer.

• 1 month later...

My question fits this topic somewhat:

Rumours are there's a new Macbook coming out in mid-October. But I will have left the home country and will be in Thailand then. (I assure you this is NOT a complaint ;-)

I want to update from iBook to Macbook but if I wait till I am in Thailand, then I can get the "latest and greatest". What has been the custom in terms of new Apple products reaching Thailand? Can I depend on Apple Thailand having new stock in time.

I know this hardly seems like a big issue, but to me, it's becoming necessary to have more modern, faster equipment. Soon.

Thanks so much.

I was in Paragon on Saturday and saw the launch of the new iPod Nano only a few days after it was announced in the US. The new iPod Touch will follow in a couple of weeks.

New Apple products appear to have no problem getting 'approved' here, unlike companies like Sony who have sadly given up trying to bring the PS3 here.

I've never tried iStudio, but what I CAN tell you is to avoid UFiCon at all costs. To be honest I'm not sure if iStudio is indeed a part of UFiCon, but they are a mac distributor in Bangkok, and I've dealt with them on 2 occasions, both of which I had to face less than courteous staff and not very good customer service or help.

• 6 months later...

Just buy it from the Apple Thailand online store. you can customize your spec and its delivered to your door free.

I would much rather deal direct than one of the below average (Compared to the rest of the world) approved Thai apple dealers.

My question fits this topic somewhat:

Rumours are there's a new Macbook coming out in mid-October. But I will have left the home country and will be in Thailand then. (I assure you this is NOT a complaint ;-)

I want to update from iBook to Macbook but if I wait till I am in Thailand, then I can get the "latest and greatest". What has been the custom in terms of new Apple products reaching Thailand? Can I depend on Apple Thailand having new stock in time.

I know this hardly seems like a big issue, but to me, it's becoming necessary to have more modern, faster equipment. Soon.

Thanks so much.

If you buy in thailand then you will get a thai/english keyboard.

The best iStudio i have used is in Future Park, Rangsit. I had a problem with my MacBook Pro and took it there. They spent one hour reinstalling software and doing a software update, then gave me a handful of free software, (thai dictionaries etc). They refused to charge me for all this even though the laptop was past it's warrantee.

I got an Air Mac laptop from that very large iStudio at Central World second floor (near B2S stationers)....

very pleased with it (as well as my new iPhone and tiny iPod shuffle (with voice controls).....slowly moving away from Windows (except at the office where its entrenched).....