Is It Possible To Get A Non Imm O Visa Without A Thai Wife

US citizen here. Once my ED visa runs out I'd like to stay on in Thailand. Sunbelt has an offer to obtain a Non Imm B visa but I worry immigration will be critical of this if I don't have a work permit any input on that?

So I'm not sure if an O visa would be better but can this be obtained without any Thai relatives? Below is information about the Sunbelt service any opnions about this?

Sunbelt sponsorship:

Sunbelt can help you acquire a Multiple Entry One Year Non Immigrant Business Visa for Thailand. Our professional fee for the sponsorship documents is 10700.00 Baht. Courier Fee is an additional 2000 Baht.

The benefits of this visa type are:

- Unlimited entries to Thailand

- A full 90 days on each entry

- May apply for a Thailand Work Permit with a Thai company

- Ability to explore business opportunities and/or investments

- Can open a Thai Bank account

The way it will works:

1. You will provide the passport details of the applicant

2. You will transfer the fee to us via Bank Wire or Western Union.

3. We prepare the sponsorship documents and courier them.

4. You will apply for the visa, with our sponsor documents, at the Thai consulate.

5. They will issue you the one year multiple entry non-immigrant B visa.

6. You are now welcome to enter Thailand.

Please be aware that a One Year Thai Visa is valid for a period of 12 months. Each entry is valid for 90 days. After each 90 entry you are required to leave the country via any border checkpoint to secure another 90 day entry stamp. This is simply a stamp, no visits to a Thai consulate and no fees are required. A short bus trip to Cambodia is the easiest route, BUT any border checkpoint will be fine.

Note: our fee is for the sponsorship documents only. You are responsible for the government fees at the Thai consulate (approx. 5,000 baht).

You can make payment via Bank Wire Transfer or Western Union.

The non-immigrant "O" visa is a rest category. O stands for other. There are oher grounds on which you can get a non-immigrant O visa. A non-immigrant visa must be based on a valid reason. Like education, having a thai wife, visiting relatives or working. Since you do not state on what grounds you would like to get a non-immigrant, your question can not be awnsered. But obviously you cannot get a non-immigrant based on marriage with a Thai when you are not married to a Thai.

With the non-immigrant B you don't need to show a WP to immigration. With a non-B you can apply for a WP. I think Sunbelt is your best bet.

ED visa has to be from a school or college that is approved from the Ministry of Education. You get them in 90 day blocks as long as you continue studying. Theoretically you could do this for many years as long as you keep studying.

ED visa has to be from a school or college that is approved from the Ministry of Education. You get them in 90 day blocks as long as you continue studying. Theoretically you could do this for many years as long as you keep studying.

thanks,if i enroll to a school and i stay in thailand allready i have to go out to get my ed visa? or the school do that?

thanks,if i enroll to a school and i stay in thailand allready i have to go out to get my ed visa? or the school do that?

If you are already in Thailand you need to leave the country to get the ball rolling.