Motorbike License In Thailand

Today I went to the Ministry of Land Transportation to get my driving license for the car. They asked me, I want the motorbike license too and I said yes. The problem was, with my international driving license I am not allowed to drive a motorcycle. So they sent my to the 3rd floor where I had to make a theory test. I passed the test (cause it was in English :-) but tomorrow I have to go there again for a 60 minutes motorbike driving test.

The problem ist, I really don't know what I have to expect there... :o

I don't own a motorbike so I hope they will have one to make the test. And I hope, I don't have to drive through the traffic jam in the Sukhumvit Road in the morning... :D Maybe someone here made this test already and can give me some hints ?!?

Cheers!

If it's anything like the practical test my wife took you will find it a doddle.

Very short test around a closed course behind the Dept of Land and Transport. A few left and right turns really thats about it.

I think there were bikes available for hire as well.

Ckok dee.

I was really sooo easy! ;-)

Only a 5 minutes ride behind the dept. of land transportation. I think it were 7 steps to pass.

First they guy explained where we have to drive and our group had to walk the way, which we will drive in the test. The problem was he couldn't speak English and was the first who should drive but I told him to drive as second or third and he agreed.

I could rent a pretty good and new Honda there for the fee of 50 baht.

All you have to do is to stop at the stop signs, use your light if you turn and a "slalom" (I don't know the English word for it but it is maybe the same) - You have to drive some small curves. Thats it.

I paid 205 baht for the car license and 150 baht for the motorbike license.