Getting An Education Visa For A Child

Hi

I have all the appropriate paperwork for an education visa for my daughter. She is 5. Does anyone know if I can apply for her outside the country while she is still in it and I just take her passport or does she need an exit stamp?

Also, if I apply for a non O multi as a carer for her do I still need to show finances and if so how much is needed in account?

I need to leave in the next few days is one embassy better than another to do this? can fly to where necessary.

Thanks

Anita

You can not apply for her outside of Thailand while she is in Thailand, as she needs to cross the border to utilize the visa.

You might be able to get the visa for her in Thailand, but that depends on what kind of visa she is now staying in Thailand and how many days she has left to be permitted to stay.

For a dependency visa you don't need to show finances. The requirements you can find here:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf (page 6, point 7.10).

What you do (for both kind of visa) is, go to an embassy and get a 3 month visa for her. When she is in her last 30 days of her permitted to stay period you go to the immigration office and apply for an extension of one year there, and every other year after.

If you are here on a single enty or extension of stay, don't forget your re-entry permit. Otherwise you will have to apply for a visa yourself all over again.

You can not apply for her outside of Thailand while she is in Thailand, as she needs to cross the border to utilize the visa.

You might be able to get the visa for her in Thailand, but that depends on what kind of visa she is now staying in Thailand and how many days she has left to be permitted to stay.

For a dependency visa you don't need to show finances. The requirements you can find here:

What you do (for both kind of visa) is, go to an embassy and get a 3 month visa for her. When she is in her last 30 days of her permitted to stay period you go to the immigration office and apply for an extension of one year there, and every other year after.

If you are here on a single enty or extension of stay, don't forget your re-entry permit. Otherwise you will have to apply for a visa yourself all over again.

Hi going to KL for a visa.

Have been in Thailand 3 times already on a 30 day and on last one had a 7 day extension. Got sick and now will be leaving and will need to pay I assume a fine for a weeks overstay. I plan to go to the office to "surrender" and pay before going to the airport, or is there a place to do this at airport?

taking your advice and going to KL and apply for 60/90 day tourist visas for both of us and then once here apply for an extension of a year. Is this the simplest way or should i apply for her ed visa if i have the paperwork from teh school whilst in KL?

The other thing is tourist visa asks for hotel booking in thailand, I'm renting here. Is that contract ok?

ID card? will a driers licence from Oz be ok? or do they mean somethng else.

What is a residence certificate?

Help! leave in a couple of days

my english son is coming here on a ed visa in september.

i'm here on a 1 year multi .

do i still need to do the visa runs every 3 months then go back tot he uk after 1 year to get a new visa. or can i get a extension on the back of him going to school in los ?

To obtain one year extension of stay under section 7.10 where child has a one year extension of stay under section 7.7 or 7.8 (not an ED visa itself) requires:

(1) The foreigner must obtain permit

stamp for the temporary entry

and

(2) Must demonstrate proof of

relationship

(3) In the case spouse, must have a

legal and de facto relationship or

(4) In the case of child, adopted

child or the child of the spouse

must not be legally married and

must be residence in the same

household and must not be over

the age of 20 years old.

(5) In the case of the father or the

mother, the father and the

mother must have a bank

account in Thailand and in their

name showing the balance of no

less than 500,000 Baht during

the last 3 month.

Hi going to KL for a visa.

Have been in Thailand 3 times already on a 30 day and on last one had a 7 day extension. Got sick and now will be leaving and will need to pay I assume a fine for a weeks overstay. I plan to go to the office to "surrender" and pay before going to the airport, or is there a place to do this at airport?

taking your advice and going to KL and apply for 60/90 day tourist visas for both of us and then once here apply for an extension of a year. Is this the simplest way or should i apply for her ed visa if i have the paperwork from teh school whilst in KL?

The other thing is tourist visa asks for hotel booking in thailand, I'm renting here. Is that contract ok?

ID card? will a driers licence from Oz be ok? or do they mean somethng else.

What is a residence certificate?

Help! leave in a couple of days

Good start. :o