3 Year Multiple Entry Visa

A letter in this weeks local Pattaya paper referred to a recently introduced 3 Year Multiple entry Non immigrant Visa at a fee of 10,000 Bahts.

Available only in 'home' countries.I have looked on websites and can only find 1 year ones.Anyone know any different ?

A letter in this weeks local Pattaya paper referred to a recently introduced 3 Year Multiple entry Non immigrant Visa at a fee of 10,000 Bahts.

Available only in 'home' countries.I have looked on websites and can only find 1 year ones.Anyone know any different ?

Strictly for business only and as rare as a Lopburi 3 mistake. :o

Info from the Thai Embassy in London.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_3ni.html

Edited by Lite Beer

For what it's worth, it is 11 years ago now:

I entered on a 3-month Non-B in 1997, and got a 3-year extension for business, with a matching 3-year work permit.

My company was European, so no amnity treaty or APEC. We had zone 3 BoI approval, that I believe was the crunch.

I don't know how hard it was to get it, since our lawyer did most of the stuff, but it did take some time (a few weeks).

Surely others must have gotten this as well, or was it only me (because I am such a hansum man)?

The website of the Thai ministry of foreign affairs has this to say about this type of visum:

Foreign citizen who wishes to visit Thailand for business purpose may apply for a three-year Non-Immigrant Visa “B”. This type of visa may be issued to businessmen for multiple-entries and is valid for 3 years. It allows holder to visit Thailand as often as required for as long as the visa remains valid and allows holder to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days during each visit. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited for holder of such visa.

That is not at all what I had, so unless you check with the BoI (Board of Investment), it is probably discontinued.

Because as I said, I got a matching 3-year WP as well to go with my visa (extension) ("you want wp with that?").

Also I did not need to leave the country at all if I didn't want to, but if I did, I needed a re-entry permit to keep the extension "alive".