Uk Visit Visa For G/friend

Helllo,

I've been living, and working, in Thailand for about 3 years and I have had the same job for that time (including work permit). I want to take my thai girlfriend (getting married in the future) and 1 year old baby home at Christmas, to visit my family (for about 2 weeks). I was just wandering if it would be a problem, as she hasn't had an income for the last year and a half, due to mothering commitments (although she had a good job before that and can probably get a letter from her boss to prve she will resume when baby is old enough).

My parents are heppy to act as a sponser, and we would be staying with them in UK.

Just a couple questions:

1) Will the lack of income be a problem?

2) Will it help that I am working here, and that we have a baby together?

3) Do I need to wack some money into her account, if so , how long does it need to stay in there?? I read somehere she needs at least 60,000 baht - is this true?

4) Overeall, is it realistic to expect a visa to be given to her, or is it not worth trying while she does not have an oncome?

Thanks for any help!!

As you and your parents are the sponsor, her lack of finance will not be a problem, you have to provide evidence of sufficient funds to support the visit.

Your work, I presume you can provide evidence of its continuing future, will help and it will show that you have a base to return to.

It is always iffy just to bang in additional funds just before an application, because it states exactly what you are intending to do, cover up her lack of funds, use the said funds as evidence of support during the visit as you are the sponsor.

As long as you cover all the bases and provide enough evidence of support without recourse to public funds, show that you have sufficient reason to return, your job and your partner being part of the family unit and other evidence like a strong family support network are all reasonable evidence, of reason to retrurn.

That there is suitable accommodation, it's realistic, but the B.E can have some strange outcomes.

Good Luck

Moss

I don't see why not.

Two weeks is a reasonable duration of visit, you are in a long term relationship, have a child, and I presume you have employment to which to return in Thailand. You will need to submit evidence of your/your family's ability to maintain and accommodate you all during the trip in addition to evidence of your relationship and a covering letter which explains the circumstances of the trip.

Scouse.

Erm, just a couple more questions if anyone can help!

1) Should I apply for a "Social visit" visa, or a "spouse / partner of british citizen visa", ,the obvious choice seems partner of a british citizen, it's just in the document checklist it mentions a marriage certificate, which I don't have. Will this be ok?

2) Also, my g/friend has a new passport, but she lost her original, and it states that they require all previous paaports - will just the replacement be ok? Or if not what willl they need to see?

Thanks again for any help!!