Investing In Thai Gold

When I arrived in Thailand a little over 3 years ago 1 Baht of gold could be bought for 8000B and I had a spare 1.4M Baht lying around and I thought about buying gold but instead I just left it fester in a bank.

With hindsight that would have turned into a nice 2.8M if I had followed my thoughts, anyway as Thai gold doesn''t show any signs of slowing this thought has re-occured to me again.

Now I know in Chinatown in BKK it's possible to buy 1Baht, 5Baht, 10 Baht and 25Baht gold bars, does anyone know of any gold shops in Pattaya that sells these bars ?

I would rather buy bars as an investment rather than jewellery as the bars are cheaper per baht.

Also has anyone else invested in Thai gold ? How did you get off ? Though I beleive you would have to have been very stupid or unkucky to have lost money on it ?

When I arrived in Thailand a little over 3 years ago 1 Baht of gold could be bought for 8000B and I had a spare 1.4M Baht lying around and I thought about buying gold but instead I just left it fester in a bank.

With hindsight that would have turned into a nice 2.8M if I had followed my thoughts, anyway as Thai gold doesn''t show any signs of slowing this thought has re-occured to me again.

Now I know in Chinatown in BKK it's possible to buy 1Baht, 5Baht, 10 Baht and 25Baht gold bars, does anyone know of any gold shops in Pattaya that sells these bars ?

I would rather buy bars as an investment rather than jewellery as the bars are cheaper per baht.

Also has anyone else invested in Thai gold ? How did you get off ? Though I beleive you would have to have been very stupid or unkucky to have lost money on it ?

If I were you, I'd make the trip to baners to get it if you're buying a lot, for the simple reason that some names are better than others to buy from. If you buy from a little known name it may give you problems when you decide to sell it.