Rain........

bmw

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it has been raining for a week solid in koh phangan. cold too.

Almost 5 full months without a drop of rain here so far ! No wonder this place is a desert.

One more month until I get back to Reality (well, the Thai version of reality !)

Sure hope it isn't raining when I get there !

Yeah!!! Our rainy season has come this year. Girlx, I will not complain about all the rain we have had as it will mean we will have enough water for the rest of the year if it keeps up this way. No rainy season on an island makes for a very hard time in the hot season, let me tell you. Rain rain do not go away!!!

we are looking forward to gettin ghit by Wilma, the latest carribean hurricane. Although she is calming down a bit today, and scheduled to land tonight, yesterdcy she was briefly the most powerful hurricane EVER recorded....

She Missed!!!! Wilma, the largest hurricane EVER.. Missed us completely and went off and buggered the mexicans and gringo´s .... YAY!!!!

But from what I gather...a lot of people inconvenienced, but no deaths reported thankfully...

Edited by kayo

Yeah!!! Our rainy season has come this year. Girlx, I will not complain about all the rain we have had as it will mean we will have enough water for the rest of the year if it keeps up this way. No rainy season on an island makes for a very hard time in the hot season, let me tell you. Rain rain do not go away!!!

hmmph. i agree it's a good thing but it won't stop me from complaining. it is going on about 8 days straight raining here now! i haven't left my house except to go to the 7-11! my dog is going to murder me soon if it doesn't stop-she is so bored. i have never experienced a rainy season like this in thailand (even in koh phangan), usually it just rains an hour or so in the afternoon, and the odd day of rain. is it going to be like this every day for the next couple of months? do the ferries still run so i can get out?

Girlx, I hate to break it to you, but this is normal! :D

I remember when my parents came out about 8 years ago, it rained for the entire month of November.

Me, I love the rain, not so much when it floods :o but otherwise I don't really mind. Of course, we have a pickup truck so that makes it much better than a motorbike when its really coming down.

The ferries are running, just make sure you take one of the car ferries as it is fairly wavey out there (or so I hear) and the car ferry is much nicer anyway. I have to go to Samui on Friday, (check on my visa!) but I suspect it should be dying down by then.

Or maybe not :D

Me, I love the rain, not so much when it floods  but otherwise I don't really mind. Of course, we have a pickup truck so that makes it much better than a motorbike when its really coming down.

it finally stopped raining after about noon today so i rode to thong nai pan on motorbike with my bf! hehe. talk about flooding. 4-wheel drive taxis were rolling backwards down muddy hills. great adventure! i am moving to thong nai pan at the end of the month- if i am going to stay here during rainy season, then i might as well stay among friends in paradise. ordered UBC and ADSL today! i am set....

We're in the middle of an amazing sound and light show at the moment in Laem Chabang... the rain is absolutely bucketing down... flooding for sure... black as the ace of spades outside... interrupted only by the illumination from some seriously close lightning bolts...

:o

• 2 weeks later...