Any Info Anyone?

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has any info on the following:

A friend is coming back over to Thailand in a couple weeks and plans to marry here. He has already gone through the thai marriage bit over 5 years ago but not the civil (registered) bit. He now plans on getting it legalised. His problem is this, he is a Honorary Consul General to a small West African country - but NOT in Thailand and he has no embassy in or anywhere near thailand in order to get the documents that he needs to give to the amphur office for the marriage.

How is it possible to get the necessary information without having an embassy, etc? As a HC, would it be legal to do it himself maybe ( I wouldn't have thought so but TIT!!)

Any info would be great. I have been down to ask a couple people in Bangkok but they dont seem to know the corect way either.

Thanks

Falcon

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has any info on the following:

A friend is coming back over to Thailand in a couple weeks and plans to marry here. He has already gone through the thai marriage bit over 5 years ago but not the civil (registered) bit. He now plans on getting it legalised. His problem is this, he is a Honorary Consul General to a small West African country - but NOT in Thailand and he has no embassy in or anywhere near thailand in order to get the documents that he needs to give to the amphur office for the marriage.

How is it possible to get the necessary information without having an embassy, etc? As a HC, would it be legal to do it himself maybe ( I wouldn't have thought so but TIT!!)

Any info would be great. I have been down to ask a couple people in Bangkok but they dont seem to know the corect way either.

Thanks

He isn't accredited to Thailand so he couldn't do it himself, and in any event it'd reek a bit if he did. Some Embassy in Bkk should represent the country. His own Ministry of Foreign Affairs  should be able to advise him.

Falcon

Still having trouble with those quotes, Dr Pat?

As he is an honorary consul I suggest he ask his own country, who acts on their behalf in Thailand.

There is often such an arrangement when there is no direct representation.

He can then apply to that Embassy for the necessary documents.

Failing that, take the girl to he is own country and get married there!

Hey,

Failing that, take the girl to he is own country and get married there!

Thanks both for the replies. This was actually my own recomendation to him as I found myself in the same position and simply took my Wife on a cruise to get the civil thing done away from Thailand just for the easiest then got the marriage certificate translated into Thai when we got back.

Thanks again.

Falcon